Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Bang and Olufsen

Old 05-25-2018, 06:45 AM
ds2000 is on a distinguished road
I've had all 3 over time in my cars. I'd rate them in the order:

Premium -> B&O -> Std

I think the lack of tweaking options on the B&O is possibly what damages it the most. The premium system is the best by quite a way. The B&O tweeters do add to the 'cool' of being in the AM.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:48 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ds2000
I've had all 3 over time in my cars. I'd rate them in the order:

Premium -> B&O -> Std

I think the lack of tweaking options on the B&O is possibly what damages it the most. The premium system is the best by quite a way. The B&O tweeters do add to the 'cool' of being in the AM.
Not when you are in a convertible. Placement of the tweeters in the calm dead space near the windshield provides far clearer sound when the top is down as compared to the Premium system. The B&O is the only system that I have heard that is satisfactory with the top down at speed.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:55 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I loaded up some CD's to really hear what the B&O can do. I am more impressed with than previously was. Natural sounding to me with some good detail. My Jag does a better job at surround sound and making less than ideal sources sound better. The B&O flaunts the flaws more which in car may not be the best thing.

Old 05-28-2018, 08:24 AM
AJN334 is on a distinguished road
I recall reading on piston heads someone had to replace a faulty B&O subwoofer and when replacing the owner realized the unit weighed something like 40 lbs. I would be curious to know the overall weight addition this system adds to the car...

Old 05-28-2018, 02:02 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
I loaded up some CD's to really hear what the B&O can do. I am more impressed with than previously was. Natural sounding to me with some good detail. My Jag does a better job at surround sound and making less than ideal sources sound better. The B&O flaunts the flaws more which in car may not be the best thing.
Would rate the Meridian system in my previous DD (XFR-S) as equal or slightly superior to the B&O in my V12VS.

AM Premium system I had in my previous V12V and V8V is the best OEM system I have ever heard.