Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8V dash cover protector to prevent sun damage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 02:29 PM
Sleestak is on a distinguished road
V8V dash cover protector to prevent sun damage

Anybody know where I can find one of these? I'd rather drive around with one on it then worry about the leather shrinking, etc. Any ideas?

Old 03-10-2018, 04:42 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
I'm sure you can get one from any auto parts store

I've just got a standard silver type one - works fine

Graze

Old 03-11-2018, 10:28 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
My 2015 V12S when I got it in October last year had been left outside too much at the dealer and a few leather panels shrunk (was all replaced under warranty). I was amazed that the dealers would not think to protect against the sun as the cars sat outside, and not use protection. I was lucky the car was still under warranty.

Old 03-11-2018, 01:33 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Sleestak
Anybody know where I can find one of these? I'd rather drive around with one on it then worry about the leather shrinking, etc. Any ideas?
I am off Monday thru Thursday if you would like to meet up one evening. I can give you cosmetic advice of what to get your car better than new looking. Just text me when you can. I know Monday is likely bad weather, but if yours is in a garage then that is perfect.

I suggest if its in a garage most of its life, then just treat the leather normal and make sure its conditioned. What happens is most people do not condition their leather often enough, and it drys and when the heat hits it, it will shrink a bit. Several threads on here describe owners getting theirs re-stretched and glued. Gauge binnacle is most prevalent for the V8's. On the side right by the windshield. I have seen some at dealers with staples in them to hold it tight.

TTYL

Old 03-12-2018, 07:46 PM
MikeD will become famous soon enough
Safeguards

A good ceramic film (70% or 80%) on your windshield is a sound investment. I live in south Florida and my car sits outside while I golf 4 times a week. No shrinkage in 8 years.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:25 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MikeD
A good ceramic film (70% or 80%) on your windshield is a sound investment. I live in south Florida and my car sits outside while I golf 4 times a week. No shrinkage in 8 years.
and here i thought shrinkage was caused by cold water.😁

i also have my windshields tinted here in Florida... my Aston is the only car i have with leather dash but all my other cars stay cooler with all windows tinted... including the windshield.