Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Just ran into another Vantage Owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 02:58 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Just ran into another Vantage Owner

A few minutes ago I was walking to the Holiday Gas Station to get a chocolate bar, and a 2008 silver Vantage pulled up (there is still snow on the ground here in Minnesota) on this 40 degree sunny day. It was a bit dirty and the owner had just brought it out of storage. So now hes part of our Vantage group (about 20 Minneapolis Aston owners). The car had new Michelin tires, had some leather flaws, was supercharged!!, had 19,000 miles on it! He paid $25,000 for the car!!!! No known accident history. The paint looked great. It was at a non-Aston dealer, two owner history near Chicago. Even if it cost a few thousand to get the leather right, it's a tremendous deal.

Old 03-16-2018, 03:49 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
What kind of power is a supercharged V8V putting down? 2008 so he must be a 4.3l?

Old 03-16-2018, 03:54 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
No idea, he does not know either, it was a UK car imported he thinks.

Old 03-16-2018, 06:05 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
No idea, he does not know either, it was a UK car imported he thinks.
Was it right hand drive?

Old 03-16-2018, 06:49 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
You guys are funny...all our Aston's are UK imports...I enjoyed the laugh...

Supercharged? I thought there was a threat where Velocity AP was working on one...Aston Martin used superchargers in many older models...in one book I read in 2000 there was a model that used superchargers...

Wow...I would like to get that car on a dano..

Neat posting

Old 03-16-2018, 11:10 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Aldv
You guys are funny...all our Aston's are UK imports...I enjoyed the laugh...

Supercharged? I thought there was a threat where Velocity AP was working on one...Aston Martin used superchargers in many older models...in one book I read in 2000 there was a model that used superchargers...

Wow...I would like to get that car on a dano..

Neat posting
Google = http://gmr-uk.co.uk/

Old 03-17-2018, 07:29 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Are the basing the supercharger design after what Jaguar does? Both V8's share a similar history.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:32 AM
Don't know - I just had a few minutes with him and he just got it out of storage - was pretty filthy. I figured I'd follow up in a few weeks once he had a chance to use it and ask him what came up and what he discovered and more about the car.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:53 AM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Thanks Blue2000..

​​It seems Aston Martin used superchargers a lot on cars of the year 2000 and back... not our modern vantage model...

Old 03-18-2018, 03:49 AM
cadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the rough
a free car wow !! the supercharger kit installed costs $25,000 alone