Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Charging port in trunk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 09:13 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Suggest to all... Disconnect (remove) trunk lights.

They will kill the battery overnight.

Old 04-04-2018, 09:50 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Batman-76
Not a fan of anything under hood due to tendency of those seals to foul easier and look ugly when the hood is closed :-)
... I route the wire down the engine bay and out underneath the car...

I had a horrible experience with a car almost starting on fire because a wire frayed over time and shorted against a body panel, so you won't find me running a wire between any body panels.

Old 04-04-2018, 10:10 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by RolexDaytona1

Have you had this experience? Others have stated that the light turns itself off after 10 minutes.

Old 04-04-2018, 10:16 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I saw "Aston" and "Port" and thought this was right up my alley...

Old 04-04-2018, 10:34 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of

with the trickle charger plugged in?

my interior lights turn off after about 15 mins or so when I leave the boot slightly ajar to run the cable out the back

Old 04-04-2018, 12:07 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute

change light bulbs to LED...Mine shut off after a little bit. .

Old 04-04-2018, 01:29 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
I have a coupe with the hatch. I used the charge port in the hatch area the first couple times, but I didn't like the flimsy mounting of the port or having to remove and replace the little cover every time and open the hatch. So I just now use the cigarette port like the original post. Run it through the passenger window and leave it cracked just slightly. I keep the car on the charger when it's not in use and it's much simpler running it through the passenger window.

Old 04-04-2018, 05:31 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi guys...I use the trunk plug and leave the cover open. The lights go out inside the car and trunk.

I would recommend anyone that does not drive their car for a week to put a tender on their car. I have never had a car that stays this live. Open a door and a pump activates..lights come on...I would guess it even wakes up the ECU.

​​My car is kept in a garage but I still use the tender regularly cheap investment.

Little story for you guys...my son had a GM SUV...he had to replace a battery every two years...Why? We found out he declined OnStar but that does not turn it off or stop GM from sending updates etc and wake the ECU up...

He contacted OnStar and they had him contact them when someplace safe and OnStar sent software to kill it...no more battery problems.

Evening
​​​​​
​​​​

Old 04-04-2018, 05:50 PM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_20180404_184409.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	280.5 KB
ID:	523485

Sleeping Beauty. Just plugged into truck with boot lid ajar.

Regards,

Old 04-04-2018, 06:53 PM
BDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the rough
I have a 2011 V8V coupe. I plug into the trunk outlet and set the trunk down very gently, it has a soft stop or bumper that will hold it before it closes. This keeps it high enough that it doesnt seem to touch the cable- i have checked many times and have never seen any evidence that the cable is pushing against the seal. I always lock it with the trunk ajar which disables all lights, electronics and activates the alarm as well. This is what the manual says to do and it seems to work great!

Old 04-04-2018, 08:52 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VantageGT15
As a former FL resident now in the Midwest, and currently looking out my window at work at 25 degree weather, 30 mph winds, as well as some snow and ice on the ground, I officially hate you.
the weather and no state income tax makes up for many of the challenges of living in Florida... come down anytime... we are the vacation capital of the world

Old 04-05-2018, 07:49 AM
VantageGT15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by BDubbs
I have a 2011 V8V coupe. I plug into the trunk outlet and set the trunk down very gently, it has a soft stop or bumper that will hold it before it closes. This keeps it high enough that it doesnt seem to touch the cable- i have checked many times and have never seen any evidence that the cable is pushing against the seal. I always lock it with the trunk ajar which disables all lights, electronics and activates the alarm as well. This is what the manual says to do and it seems to work great!
Wait, you read the manual? That's cheating!

Since mine lives in the garage, I don't really want to keep it locked, in case I need to get into it and am too lazy to go upstairs to get the key...

Old 04-05-2018, 05:10 PM
BDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by VantageGT15
Wait, you read the manual? That's cheating!

Since mine lives in the garage, I don't really want to keep it locked, in case I need to get into it and am too lazy to go upstairs to get the key...
hahahaha, yup, totally read the manual before i even got the car - im that guy.... sometimes...

Old 04-05-2018, 07:23 PM
I downloaded a copy of the manual to my phone so can read it at stop lights

Old 04-05-2018, 07:29 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
The phone app is convenient that way too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Charging port in trunk