Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Considering buying an early V8 Vantage?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 11:44 PM
howzz1854 will become famous soon enough
i don't think i've ever hydroplaned as bad as with pirelli tires. every pirelli tires i've had always were what i consider dangerous and like driving in a coffin. my last mercedes's P Zero would hydroplan anything over 40mph and fish-tail. i don't understand why so many manufacturers are so obsessed with equipping with Pirellis. i guess Pirellis have done a better job in locking in OE contracts than making good tires. what what do i know. it's just one man's opinion.

i haven't tried driving in heavy rain in my current new set of Continental Extreme Contact Sport yet, but from what i've heard, it's one of if not the best in Wet. but personally i just like some of those new Conti's because they all tend to have a cushier softer ride and extremely quiet, affordable, and usually get way more wear out of them.

glad you walked away alive.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:56 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
It was the third time it stepped out on me, and it always takes me 3 times to learn, but the car was destroyed so the lesson was lost.

The 370Z was absolutely the most dangerous car in the wet I've ever driven. It was always a white knuckle thrill ride constantly making micro adjustments to keep it straight in the rain, Bridgestone RE050's. But it's not the tires as much as the whole. The V8 has never had a hint of hydroplane and I seriously doubt the AM9 formula on the REO50's has anything to do with it, it's just a factor of the whole, wheelbase, track, distribution, etc. But that car scared me to death far too often in 4 wheel slides, yet, I still loved that car.

Old 05-03-2018, 05:20 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Vesper, there's a story behind that name?
)
Bonds first love...

Old 05-03-2018, 08:33 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Ahhh, Eva Green! I knew it sounded familiar but just didn't put it together.

Well named!

Old 05-09-2018, 01:24 PM
Madmikeybee is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by howzz1854
this car is fun. i think just the 1)sheer fun of exhaust note combined with 2)acceleration and how the 3)chassis responds to you together with the 4)curvature and contour of its body. even in a sportshift i still find that it requires more attention and raw input to this magnificent machinery than any other computerized high power cars i've driven before. whenever i see people try to race or gun pass me i just let them pass and wait a bit before i go back to repeat 1), 2), 3) and 4). But most of the time i just get the respected nod or thumb up. i've done plenty of stupid things on the road in my 20's until luck nearly ran out on me a few years ago. i walked away with a different perspective and luckily the only thing lost was my dignity. thing is, no matter how well your car is designed, and no matter how well i could corner on the track, the civilian road condition will always play trick on you. all it takes is one time of overconfidence and you end up side ways onto a pillar. true story.

i am in my late 30's now. lucky to be alive and fortunate enough to own one of these things. at this point i've got nothing else to prove to nobody other than the sheer satisfaction of self indulgence with this beautiful machinery i call Vesper.

be safe out there and enjoy this work of beauty.
Well said, Howzz1854!!! Couldn’t agree more.