Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Finally bought a v12s. Now the mods begin

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 08:06 PM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by acs-3
Congrats....are you planning to change the wheels?
nope, I love the color, goes great with car.

Old 06-05-2018, 08:07 PM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by RustySeatbelt
Congratulations! I just purchased my V12S manual last week, and expecting delivery this weekend. How are you enjoying yours so far?
i love it, great sound and the ride is amazing. I loved my 08 but this is a whole other level. Feels so special to me.

Old 06-05-2018, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
This is a must have for any 7-speed manual.......

DBS 7-speed
I'm not sure that chrome goes with three rest of my interior. I don't mind the subdued look of the stick

Old 06-06-2018, 08:27 PM
RustySeatbelt is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jmargolese

i love it, great sound and the ride is amazing. I loved my 08 but this is a whole other level. Feels so special to me.
I agree. I finally had a chance to get out for a couple of hours and have to say, the torque is unbelievable. It jist constantly pulls. The gearbox takes a bit of getting used to with the tight spacing, but she's absolutely the most engaging and enjoyable car I've ever owned. Glad to hear you're loving yours as well. Hopefully we'll get to catch up at an event or something in the future, would love to see yours in person.

Old 06-09-2018, 06:09 PM

Got the car back from the dealer this week. Had a few minor items too repair and a few recalls. They also swapped the mirror caps and put a chin splitter on. Also had the VAP air filters installed. A few pics pic the carbon caps attached and another interior pic.

I have put a few hundred miles on it now and I'm more comfortable with the dog leg. It takes getting used to it but when you get a few high speed shifts just right, wow!

Old 06-10-2018, 07:00 AM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
Wow - that is incredible. If you are ever in the area, would love to have a close up look.

Matt

Old 06-11-2018, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by hsm precision
Wow - that is incredible. If you are ever in the area, would love to have a close up look.

Matt
hey Matt, will do when I'm out your way. I might put in the x pipe so could use a hand anyway

Old 06-11-2018, 10:41 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
How do you like AM Shift mode? Never have to lift to shift! And makes downshifting sound as if one knows what their doing.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
How do you like AM Shift mode? Never have to lift to shift! And makes downshifting sound as if one knows what their doing.
I have not tried it yet, I am still learning the gear box. It takes some time getting used too. How do you use the AMShift? I know that's terrible but I bought this used and have not had time to go thru the entire manual

Old 06-11-2018, 02:14 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
I Believe you press and hold the SPORT button for 3-sec. to enable/disable. Switching off the car defaults back to normal shift mode.
https://magazine.astonmartin.com/dri...-v12-vantage-s

Old 06-12-2018, 10:07 PM
kyson is an unknown quantity at this point
AM Shift is pretty sweet. The last time I turned mine on, the car has defaulted to that setting on each new start up. The hardest part for me was forcing myself not to lift my right foot on the upshift from years of doing so - it just felt wrong. But AM shift works brilliantly on both the up and down shifts once you unlearn lifting.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:15 PM
Menu settings will allow to keep AM shift on if desired thru key cycles.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:15 AM
RickyG is on a distinguished road
Nice car! Similar to mine. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...new-v12vs.html

Good call on the hood vents. I like them better than the CF ones.

They do make black interior ***** with orange accents.

They’ll put in the GT12 doors if you ask.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by RickyG
Nice car! Similar to mine. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...new-v12vs.html

Good call on the hood vents. I like them better than the CF ones.

They do make black interior ***** with orange accents.

They’ll put in the GT12 doors if you ask.

nice color comb, congrats on your car. I like the ***** and door handle as is. The waterfall dash on mine even had an orange accent in the cf styled weave. Love it.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by kyson
AM Shift is pretty sweet. The last time I turned mine on, the car has defaulted to that setting on each new start up. The hardest part for me was forcing myself not to lift my right foot on the upshift from years of doing so - it just felt wrong. But AM shift works brilliantly on both the up and down shifts once you unlearn lifting.
i set amshift on, it works great but takes getting used too. Makes the car smoother, but you need to hit the gas harder to make it effective. Never a problem of course... Thanks for the info

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally bought a v12s. Now the mods begin