Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Adding Factory Sirius Radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 08:37 AM
Vantagedude is an unknown quantity at this point
Adding Factory Sirius Radio

Guys,

New to me 2007 V8V Vert that I purchased earlier this year. First time AM owner and love the car so far but one thing that I am missing with AM is the lack of satellite radio. I know from research through this forum is that Sirius was not added until 2008 MY. I have a late production 07 (05/07) and was wondering if I could just add the Sirius module and antennae to my existing factory radio. BTW, I have the upgraded 700W system and navigation. Has anyone done this and if so what is involved? Thanks in advance, Scott

Last edited by Vantagedude; 05-05-2018 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:33 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi...while not the answer...I would bet the sirus box etc would be a huge cost...remember these cars use fiber optic cables and break it...nothing may work.
Another option is put sirus on your phone and contact Rich at Redpants and have phone mirrored so you can stream it.

Just a thought...good luck
​​​​​

Old 05-07-2018, 05:33 AM
Senatorblutarsky will become famous soon enoughSenatorblutarsky will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Aldv
Hi...while not the answer...I would bet the sirus box etc would be a huge cost...remember these cars use fiber optic cables and break it...nothing may work.
Another option is put sirus on your phone and contact Rich at Redpants and have phone mirrored so you can stream it.

Just a thought...good luck
​​​​​
I second this recommendation. I had Rich's henchman Lenny install the iPhone mirroring kit and bluetooth. It is great! So far I have not been able to get the Sirius app working through the bluetooth but I am sure I just need to learn what I am doing wrong.

I just drove from Tampa to Connecticut and was able to use Google maps the whole way instead of the Aston Navigation system. What an upgrade!

I know Lennie and James are planning another trip so definitely give Rich at Redpants a call.