Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I need a picture

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 10:27 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
I need a picture

I hate the roof antenna on my 2007 Vantage. OK hate might be a strong word, I believe a small shark fin would look better. Does anyone have a picture of the antenna base from inside the car with the headliner removed?
Specifically how is the coaxial cable attached etc.

Would like to know what I need, of if the project is possible before I remove the headliner.
Thanks.

Old 05-22-2018, 11:10 AM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
I replaced the gigantic original antenna on my 2007 with the short stubby antenna from a MINI and it looks much better. The original antenna whip just unscrews from the outside and the new antenna just screws back on.

Old 05-22-2018, 11:11 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
It's not a coax connection 2-wire connector so you could adapt anything to it easily. You could always get a universal fin cover for $10 on Ebay and paint to match. Unscrew the post and fit the cover. Reception is almost identical with the mast removed.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:33 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Took longer to do this post than the actual mod and looks way better than original

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	E1CA17E4-BA76-492F-B264-506FA1EBA441.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	872.7 KB
ID:	526349  
Old 05-23-2018, 12:11 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Been there Done that.

I have replaced the antenna with the Mini unit, then determined that was too long. Went to a shorter "Craven" unit I believe. Finally fabricated by own 1/2 inch long unit. (See red arrow picture below) At this point the length of the antenna is not the problem, its how the antenna looks.

Not a big deal, but a picture of the underside would help be decide to do nothing or forge ahead.

Attached Images  
Old 05-23-2018, 12:18 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
There is just the base with threads for the mounting nut. Like most universal antennas.

Old 05-23-2018, 12:33 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by embdenb
Been there Done that.

I have replaced the antenna with the Mini unit, then determined that was too long. Went to a shorter "Craven" unit I believe. Finally fabricated by own 1/2 inch long unit. (See red arrow picture below) At this point the length of the antenna is not the problem, its how the antenna looks.

Do you have pictures of the car with the Craven and your fabricated piece?

x=chr

Old 05-23-2018, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by era2076
Do you have pictures of the car with the Craven and your fabricated piece?

See pictures below with the fabricated 1/2 inch cap and with the Craven.

(Apologize for the lack of detail)

Attached Images   
Old 05-23-2018, 03:08 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by embdenb
See pictures below with the fabricated 1/2 inch cap and with the Craven.

(Apologize for the lack of detail)
looks like your Aston is a bit chilly😉

Old 05-23-2018, 05:34 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
I like your home made. PM if you want me to take it.

x-chr