Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Things to do in and around Gaydon?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 08:11 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Things to do in and around Gaydon?

I received the confirmation email from Aston Martin today. I am booked to go on the Aston Martin Factory Tour in Gaydon on the 25th of September. If you've been there, can you please recommend places to see, things to do, restaurants to hit up, etc.? I'm already planning on checking out Oxford, the Cotswalds, and Warwick Castle but I'd appreciate your suggestions. Thanks!

Old 07-21-2018, 01:45 PM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
There is the British Motor Museum just down the street from the factory. Prodrive is about 10 miles South but I don’t know how to set it up. This link shows someone who had a nice day there.

https://anygivenreason.com/2013/06/a-tour-of-prodrive/

Old 07-21-2018, 06:46 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by smdzucladoc
There is the British Motor Museum just down the street from the factory. Prodrive is about 10 miles South but I don’t know how to set it up. This link shows someone who had a nice day there.

https://anygivenreason.com/2013/06/a-tour-of-prodrive/
I saw the British Motor Museum when I pulled up Gaydon on Google Maps. I thought it was just a tourist trap -- you know, a barn with some guy's old cars. Glad you suggested it because I just learned it's actually a legit museum!

I'll see if I can get a tour of Prodive. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Redpants
I'll take notes in a few weeks
Looking forward to your report. My tip to you is to hit up the Hackett store on Regent Street in London (closest tube station is Oxford Circus). It's the branch that has the biggest AMR apparel selection. Then head over to Carnaby a few blocks down or lunch. I recommend Dishoom on Kingly St. for good Indian food.

Last edited by programmatore; 07-21-2018 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:53 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Been to Gaydon a few times. To me, not much to see, including the museum mentioned. Can try going to Jaguar Range Rover facility which is nearby. So are some beautiful gardens. My first choice is to build your schedule for extra time and drive to Newport Pagnell to Aston Martin Works for the full AM experience. Driving time is about 60 minutes.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:22 AM
vdk
vdk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by programmatore

Then head over to Carnaby a few blocks down or lunch. I recommend Dishoom on Kingly St. for good Indian food.
I second this recommendation, Dishoom is excellent.

Old 08-02-2018, 12:06 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Make sure to visit McGurk http://www.mcgurk.com/ an independent Aston Martin speciallist just around the corner from Gaydon. John is a fabulous guy and his facilities are worth a visit.

Old 08-02-2018, 04:37 PM
ser1992 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Redpants
I'll take notes in a few weeks
When will you be there? I am going to be in London from Aug 28th - Sept 08 and am hoping to get a spot for a tour!

Old 08-02-2018, 10:03 PM
skeena river rove is on a distinguished road
Its a bit in the middle of no where, but Warwick castle and the town is super nice! I spend a couple hours in The AM factory and there insetting to do around that factory i would just leave asap and go to Warwick Castle. Have fun!

Old 08-03-2018, 07:33 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by skeena river rove
Its a bit in the middle of no where, but Warwick castle and the town is super nice! I spend a couple hours in The AM factory and there insetting to do around that factory i would just leave asap and go to Warwick Castle. Have fun!
so when I retire fully it may be ther perfect place to open a titles bar?..... my wife is British after all so I could get to live on mud island if needed and this sound like place that could use some action

Old 08-03-2018, 11:09 AM
LesF is an unknown quantity at this point
There is a lovely stately home nearby called Walton Hall which is now a hotel if you need somewhere to stay - which in the 1970's belonged to my grandfather.
I've lots of fond memories of it as a child, and there's a photo of me as a little boy eating a formal meal there on the Wikipedia page. You know I was young as I still had hair lol.

Old 08-03-2018, 02:05 PM
Champs is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Hi, I just done the tour in March this year. I rushed to Gaydon to see the last of the old Vantages being built.
Definitely also visit Newport Pagnell.
And, if you rally want to treat yourself, do the Aston Performance Driving Course at Millbrook Proving grounds.
I emptied a full tank of unleaded with the V12 Vantage S in 3 quarters of a day !
had a really good time and excellent experience !
This I would definitely do again !

Old 08-03-2018, 04:23 PM
Can anyone point me to the thread regarding booking a spot for a factory tour? I am either losing my mind or it was deleted... or both.

Im a DIYer so I don't have any relationship with a dealership and was wondering the best way to get something booked for next month while I'm in the UK

Old 08-03-2018, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by ser1992
Can anyone point me to the thread regarding booking a spot for a factory tour? I am either losing my mind or it was deleted... or both.

Im a DIYer so I don't have any relationship with a dealership and was wondering the best way to get something booked for next month while I'm in the UK
Here's the link to the Factory Tour page on the Aston Martin website. They list a price of £350 for 2 people attending but as an Aston Martin owner, you can book the tour for free if you arrange it through the dealership.

https://www.astonmartinartofliving.c.../factory_tour/

Book as early as you can since (so I've been told) the tours fill up fairly quickly. I booked 2 months in advance through my local dealership -- I gave them 3 possible dates that will work with my travel itinerary -- and Aston Martin in Gaydon were able to confirm my booking a couple of days later.

Old 08-03-2018, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by programmatore
Here's the link to the Factory Tour page on the Aston Martin website. They list a price of £350 for 2 people attending but as an Aston Martin owner, you can book the tour for free if you arrange it through the dealership.

https://www.astonmartinartofliving.c.../factory_tour/

Book as early as you can since (so I've been told) the tours fill up fairly quickly. I booked 2 months in advance through my local dealership -- I gave them 3 possible dates that will work with my travel itinerary -- and Aston Martin in Gaydon were able to confirm my booking a couple of days later.
Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it. Ill take my AM down to the dealership to show them I'm an owner and see if I can get something figured out!