Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Seafoam

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 06:43 PM
zuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to behold
Seafoam

I've never used Seafoam, but I know several people here do.
If you use it, what are the circumstances? Before mothballing your car for winter? Occasionally to clean out gum?
Thanks.

Old 03-04-2018, 06:58 PM
NoRush is an unknown quantity at this point
I put it in the last tank of gas before winter storage. It's a stabilizer, drys out any condensation water, and cleans the plugs. I even use it in the snowblower. Works great.

Old 03-04-2018, 08:28 PM
RLJ
RLJ is an unknown quantity at this point
I have used it for about 8 years in my Porsche 356A which is stored all winter and started every few weeks. I started using it after my mechanic recommended it. Have never had a problem with it. Car always starts up fine and seems to do a good job at maintaining the fuel. I do not know if it has any cleaning capabilities.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:54 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
I have been using Sta-Bil for years and no issue either

Old 03-05-2018, 12:51 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Seafoam = more snake oil IMHO.

+1 on the regular stabilizer; it's all you need.

@ RLJ, why are you starting your car every few weeks? I hope you drive it after starting it; I can't imagine it getting warm enough otherwise to avoid the detrimental effects.

Old 03-22-2018, 06:07 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
You guys are using it for the wrong reason. Sta-Bil is for long term storage as a fuel stabilizer. Seafoam is the best over the counter fuel system & injector cleaner. Use 2 cans ever 5k miles directly into a full tank of gas. Run the car hard and it will keep your fuel system clean and eliminate all carbon deposits.

It is not snake oil, in fact all other products are snake oil (including the techron nonsense).

Best product money can buy for your fuel system. Use it

Old 03-22-2018, 06:27 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
You guys are using it for the wrong reason. Sta-Bil is for long term storage as a fuel stabilizer. Seafoam is the best over the counter fuel system & injector cleaner. Use 2 cans ever 5k miles directly into a full tank of gas. Run the car hard and it will keep your fuel system clean and eliminate all carbon deposits.

It is not snake oil, in fact all other products are snake oil (including the techron nonsense).

Nothing special about seafoam......Gumout and many other products do the same thing.....Nothing to see here.....Gumout has been around 50 years, Seafoam has not.

Old 03-22-2018, 06:35 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Like a moron I ran my 2015 GT thru the touchless car was without putting the gas cap back on - that cost me $500 for a fuel system flush. Like a total idiot and dolt - on my 2015 V12S I repeated the same error!!! I immediately used seafoam to breakup the water with no problems. This is the scary stuff when you reach 65 years old.

Old 03-22-2018, 07:28 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DonBond
Nothing special about seafoam......Gumout and many other products do the same thing.....Nothing to see here.....Gumout has been around 50 years, Seafoam has not.
Seafoam has been around longer, trademarked 1942. Anything that keeps a boat motor running in a marine environment thru the seasons can't be snake oil.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:02 PM
NoRush is an unknown quantity at this point
Seafoam was a product invention of WWII for field use.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:15 PM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
I know nothing about Seafoam. I have used Sta-Bil for over 25 years in my classic Jaguar, Porsche and now in my Aston when putting these cars up for winter storage. I add it to the tank when doing a final winter fill up and run the car about 10 miles to get it into the whole fuel system. Works like a charm when I do a spring startup which this year may not be until May!

Old 03-23-2018, 05:05 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
I believe that we are all talking about 2 very different things here, Sta-Bil for storage +1 and Seafoam / Gumout for fuel system clean up (carbon and so on). I use Sta-Bil for storage every year but never used any fuel system cleaner as I only fuel at Shell with their top grade and that seems to do the job

Old 03-23-2018, 08:40 AM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
I second Handyman's comment. For myself, I have used Techron Fuel System Cleaner in the summer. I started using it many years ago when it was recommended by many Porsche owners. I use it once a year in my 911. My unscientific opinion is that it does seem to work. I have yet to use it in my Vantage but now that it has 13k mile on it, I may give it a try this summer. I would be interested in knowing if anyone has had any experience with it.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:44 AM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage

Do you have proof, as far as I have been able to tell. There is zero research that says it works, not sure how any chemical running through the engine and stays in the firing chamber for less than second could possibly break up carbon. But to each there own, I would not waste my money on it.

Old 08-03-2018, 05:09 PM
malahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to beholdmalahhaor is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by randyb
Do you have proof, as far as I have been able to tell. There is zero research that says it works, not sure how any chemical running through the engine and stays in the firing chamber for less than second could possibly break up carbon. But to each there own, I would not waste my money on it.
Ive used it on my carbed motorcycles and could feel the difference in engine operation within one tank. Unlike a car you feel the engine on the bike very well.
My father scoped cylinders in his car before use and then after two cans of Seafoam, carbon buildup on pistons was mostly gone.

It is meant for cleaning, but can help with fuel stabilizing short term as well. StaBil is for long term storage.

Everyone has their own favorite products that they like.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Seafoam