Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8 Vantage Front Rotors / GT3 Hood

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 09:16 PM
Stealthssfc is on a distinguished road
V8 Vantage Front Rotors / GT3 Hood

For those who have the V8 Vantage S as you probably already know it is a PITA to find front rotors. I was recently in need of a new set and the only option I initially found was the OEM ones from the stealership. They wanted $3400 for a set of front rotors. After a couple days of frantically searching online, sending out several emails and making a few phone calls I finally got in touch with Warren at RacingBrake.com. I sent him the Brembo specs for the factory rotors and he was able to determine that the ones they make for the 09-11 Nissan GTR appear to be the same size, 380x34mm and have the same rotor hat PCD. I received them today and with the new hardware he sent me, was able to get them mounted up with no issues. With the new Porterfield RS-4 pads that I purchased from Rich at Redpants, my brakes have never been better. Best part, no more squeal! Racing brake also offers a 2-piece rotor kit, front and rear for the standard vantage and DB9 as well, at a reasonable price. Here is a link for the V8 Vantage S rotors that I just bought and can confirm will work. Added benefit they are supposed to be a pound lighter than the stock Brembo rotors. Hope this helps someone out and prevents lost days of searching via google!

https://www.racingbrake.com/ OE-Ring-for-GT-R-R35-FRONT-07- 11-p/1503-01-311.htm

Heres my baby as well! As you may notice, I have an aftermarket hood. I have always loved the look of the GT3 hoods but was unable to find anyone that made them for the street cars. Well by sheer luck, I met the parts manager for The Racers Group (TRG) at a cars and coffee. We got to talking and he said he had a few of those style hoods just sitting in their garage. A few days later I was up there and bought one. The hoods are made out of carbon fiber and are extremely light! TRG had them custom made for their Vantage GT4 racecars modeled after the GT3. They may be the only ones in existence that will fit the street cars. TRG used them for a short while before Prodrive found out and would no longer allow them to use them. TRG was told by Prodrive that they had to use the hoods supplied. Because of this they have a few more that they are willing to sell. In fact they sold it to me for half of what the V Collection sells their CF hoods for, and much less than an OEM replacement and in my opinion looks much better. If anyone else is interested in purchasing this extremely limited hood shoot me a message and Ill get you in contact with the right guy. The only issue is mounting. Because they were made for racecars there are no hinge mounts so you would have to use hood pins on all four corners. It really wasn't that bad to mount all four pins.

Have a great day all!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_4f3f.jpeg
Views:	80
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	529045   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_4dff.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	3.25 MB
ID:	529047  
Attached Images  

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 07-22-2018 at 12:11 AM.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:41 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
That hood looks cool, congratulations.

Old 01-04-2019, 12:32 AM
FR500GT will become famous soon enoughFR500GT will become famous soon enough
God I can’t wait to install mine. Thanks again for referring me to TRG! I purchased their last GT3 hood a couple of weeks back...now I need to figure out a way to get it from SF to OC lol.