Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Ceramic Coating in Boston

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 11:15 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Question Ceramic Coating in Boston

Anyone have a recommendation for getting a ceramic coating done around Boston?

Old 08-14-2018, 10:55 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Anyone have a recommendation for getting a ceramic coating done around Boston?
PS they are Glass Coatings not Ceramic. Ceramic came out as a catch word for selling coatings. To get a Ceramic finish you would have to bake the panel at something like 1500 degrees. The coatings are ALL silica dioxide or titanium dioxide based; whether in powder or liquid form. They vary properties to enhance different types of gloss.

Wheel Coating is an absolute first must for you. It is the most worth application of anything you will get. Trust me on that one. Likely around 600 for wheels off total wheel coating.

I recommend 22ple for your coating and the Pro only certified installer Mistico Elemento which isnt cheap but one of the best there is. If not, then the VX3 Pro. I have and use from time to time, Modesta coatings and Kamikazee coatings. These are the 3 best available. I prefer the 22ple over all. Just have had the best results with it. ie.....best gloss and longevity.

Make sure you get your trim (especially the black valance below the wipers and windshield. This will keep trim black for along time. I even coated my wheel well liners so they only need to be washed with soap, and they stay pitch black. But thats overdoing it a bit in 99% of cases.

Autonuvo and ASK for 22PLE coating --- Mistico Elemento

However, give me a day, and I will get you another place through 22ple themselves

Are you paint correcting before??? I would make sure you get that done first.

Last edited by SheriffDep; 08-14-2018 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:32 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
However, give me a day, and I will get you another place through 22ple themselves

Are you paint correcting before??? I would make sure you get that done first.
Yes, I need the paint correction done first and want that done by the same vendor. Thanks!

Old 08-15-2018, 09:05 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Yes, I need the paint correction done first and want that done by the same vendor. Thanks!

Do I remember you saying before you might want to try a correction on your own? Please let me know if you do, Should take maybe 15-20 max to learn and get a good result. Depending on how much of a correction you would pay for, you could break even or save a bit buying what you need. I can help on all accounts

Old 08-16-2018, 05:29 AM
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Do I remember you saying before you might want to try a correction on your own? Please let me know if you do, Should take maybe 15-20 max to learn and get a good result. Depending on how much of a correction you would pay for, you could break even or save a bit buying what you need. I can help on all accounts
I am interested in learning, but for this project I want the vendor to do both.