V8V Quicksilver Supersport Backbox - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > British > Aston Martin
Reload this Page >

V8V Quicksilver Supersport Backbox

Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
Sponsored by:

Old 09-12-2018, 08:39 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-12-2018 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:11 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
PM sent

Old 09-12-2018, 09:46 AM
Zettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really nice
Nice!!!! Great priced as well.

Originally Posted by HabitualOffender View Post
PM sent
you will LOVE the exhaust note!

Last edited by Zettinger; 09-12-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:50 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I will the exhaust note!

LOL you edited and made my post look dumb

I've been thinking of adding a few decibels. It's a little too quiet when my foot isn't in it, which makes me put my foot in it more than I need to!\

Last edited by HabitualOffender; 09-12-2018 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:10 PM
MRCW will become famous soon enough
Does this have bypass valves? I don't see them?

Old 09-12-2018, 02:19 PM
Zettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really nice
Originally Posted by MRCW View Post
Does this have bypass valves? I don't see them?
No, it only does sound amazing.

I have the titanium version of that exhaust and love the sound!

Old 09-12-2018, 03:15 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
I will the exhaust note!

I've been thinking of adding a few decibels. It's a little too quiet when my foot isn't in it, which makes me put my foot in it more than I need to!
You won't be disappointed !

Old 09-12-2018, 08:40 PM
urbandaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Still available or did HO buy it?

Old 09-12-2018, 08:46 PM
I'm planing on buying it - it just comes down to shipping [can it be packed good to survive, I can send a label] or meet at Hershey if Rick prefers not to have to pack it. I'm good either way.

Old 09-12-2018, 10:06 PM
urbandaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
I’ll take seconds but it would need to be shipped to Canada.

Old 09-13-2018, 05:31 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
So far we have been emailing about delivery alternatives. However it appears he committed

in his 6speed entry (above, 10:46) after I retired.

I also have an AM original equipment Vantage backbox (includes vacuum actuated sound switching valves system) for sale.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:49 AM
Sorry if it asn't clear in the PM's but I am commitable

I sent you a text and PM, PM's suck, but you may not text.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:42 PM
Fantastic smooth and easy transaction, thank you Rick!

Originally Posted by Zettinger View Post
Nice!!!! Great priced as well.

you will LOVE the exhaust note!
I must say, I absolutely love the tone. I had never heard my car start so I had my mechanic start it before the install and was really disappointed in the tone of the OEM exhaust. Only ever hearing it at idle behind the car but with a little gas it sounded "tinny", The QS SS has a deep, resonant, full rounded tone, the difference was night and day. It's not that much louder at lower rpm's, it just sounds so much better. It is definitely a bit louder at 6000, but still, the tone is wonderful.

So I went from "I'm not even going to pull my fuse 22", to 6 months later I pulled my fuse, to a year later buy Rick's beautiful used box as I was ready for a little extra, I bet in another year it'll have 200cats in it and maybe some headers and a tune!

Last edited by HabitualOffender; 10-02-2018 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:54 AM
Fantastic smooth and easy transaction, thank you Rick!

I must say, I absolutely love the tone. I had never heard my car start so I had my mechanic start it before the install and was really disappointed in the tone of the OEM exhaust. Only ever hearing it at idle behind the car but with a little gas it sounded "tinny", The QS SS has a deep, resonant, full rounded tone, the difference was night and day. It's not that much louder at lower rpm's, it just sounds so much better. It is definitely a bit louder at 6000, but still, the tone is wonderful.

So I went from "I'm not even going to pull my fuse 22", to 6 months later I pulled my fuse, to a year later buy Rick's beautiful used box as I was ready for a little extra, I bet in another year it'll have 200cats in it and maybe some headers and a tune!
Congrats!!!

yep, I'm on the path that I need 100 or 200 cell cats soon.

Old 10-03-2018, 03:29 PM
Use it in good health

Habitual, I am pleased you are enjoying your newly discovered exhaust notes. My backbox has obviously found a good home. Let me extend my best wishes, borrowing the ESSO gasoline slogan of my east coast youth..."Happy Motoring".

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V8V Quicksilver Supersport Backbox

Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.