Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New generation of Astons.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 10:18 AM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
New generation of Astons.....

And that's it...

Aston loosing it's identity..... & MORE
IMHO-New vantage is not so appealing,( Fugly front end, busy interior) DB11 is wearied looking thing..( still don't know what) & now $300K plus Super DBS loosing to average Merc GT.
I'm holding on to my old Vantage. At least it has that elegance that no car has..

Old 09-18-2018, 11:11 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
that was embarrassing for SUPERLEGGERA ( I still can't wrap my head around that naming on car heavy like this)

I agree with all said above

Old 09-18-2018, 02:09 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Something wrong. Usually higher HP cars can reel in lower HP cars that get the jump. Here, the higher HP/wt car gets the jump and the lower hp/wt car catches it...
German hp must be stronger than British hp.

So, not so super and not so leggera, is it.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:28 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
could be the driver not being good too, he probably kept traction control on too and launched it on cold tires, he mentioned traction being an issue and with a 700hp car that can be a problem halfway down the strip

also the amg gtr is no slouch its a 577hp supercar

Last edited by sonies; 09-18-2018 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:30 PM
astonChap will become famous soon enough
In defense of the DBSS - the AMG GTR is a stunning car performance wise, it's no run of the mill Mercedes. Wonder which would be more fun on some winding country roads? and maybe a rolling start would see the DBSS with the extra grunt pulling ahead?

Aesthetics are subjective for the most part - to be fair to Aston, they have to appeal to a younger audience and sure, have to take some design chances. Personally, I prefer the previous gen Vantage (especially the v12s) on the outside front. I personally think the new Vantage is an improvement on the outside back and a big improvement on the tech on the inside.

Hopefully it means Aston sells more Astons, and the keepers of the classics will have a bigger passionate crowd to share in the Aston experience with. I don't see me ever letting go of my 2010 DB9 Volante - at least until gas powered cars are banned from the road.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:03 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Huge let down.

The DBS was supposed to be their top performing car for the moment before the Valkyrie is released.

Aston Martin certainly talked it up. This car may as well be compared to the luxury SUVs in terms of performance, and it still may lose to the Bentley Bentayga, Rolls Royce Cullinan, and the lambo Urus. Just sad.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:44 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
In defense of the Aston, the GT is butt ugly

I don't mind loosing to a super car. I mind loosing to an Audi SUV!

Old 09-19-2018, 07:21 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Really? Seriously, when is the last time you drag raced anyone? I'm getting so tired or 0 to X speeds/times, top speeds, XXXXhorsepower, and drifting through a corner with tires smoking!
Jay Leno said in one of his videos - The horsepower war is over, we all won! He's also said in the past that all the fun is between 40 and 120. I've had a couple cars pull alongside and throw me a rev but I just give them a thumbs up and move along. To each his own but my joy is getting into a nice rhythm on a curvy road in 3rd gear. Or just traveling the 100 miles to the coast working my way through traffic. I've tracked twice so know the car's limits but on public roads I never push it that hard as I have memories of my bike days coming around a corner and seeing a nice fine dirt coating all over the road.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:03 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Old phart
Really? Seriously, when is the last time you drag raced anyone? I'm getting so tired or 0 to X speeds/times, top speeds, XXXXhorsepower, and drifting through a corner with tires smoking!
Thank you for beating me to the punch.

I like the new Aston models and like the old ones too.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:24 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Jay Leno said in one of his videos - The horsepower war is over, we all won! He's also said in the past that all the fun is between 40 and 120. I've had a couple cars pull alongside and throw me a rev but I just give them a thumbs up and move along. To each his own but my joy is getting into a nice rhythm on a curvy road in 3rd gear. Or just traveling the 100 miles to the coast working my way through traffic. I've tracked twice so know the car's limits but on public roads I never push it that hard as I have memories of my bike days coming around a corner and seeing a nice fine dirt coating all over the road.
You made me think really hard but I'm pretty sure it was before they put the new engine in, so it's been over 6 months. In fact I did NOT run the current gen Mustang that was revving it up beside me last month, more because I just wasn't in the mood, it's not like it isn't broken in now. I passed on a couple during break in for obvious reasons. It's not every night you end up at a light with clear road ahead and a sports car beside you, but when you do, they always want to run. I did roast the tires for 50 yards 2 weeks ago and I do drift it quite a bit, and last week I hit an apex hot when I realized it had just rained and 4 wheel slid right out to the grass before it caught.

I haven't had a bike since I was 35 because I really haven't grown up, enough. I'd ride just as stupid as I used to and I just take far too long to heal now. And that demise was in the same offramp I just 4 wheel slid last week. I was flat out at 142 and a car blocked my line into the exit so I went around him and rolled in extra hard on the brakes, so I was off apex and high in the turn but it was holding just fine till the sand up there slid the front end out and she went down. Hit once on my wallet and rolled over into a perfect swan dive for a very long slide on my face. I still have that helmet as a souvenir. Stood up and my shoes fell off, I'd sheared thru the laces on both of them. Besides a little road rash the only real damage was I skinned my knee down to the cap but I had jeans on and it cauterized with burnt denim. In the hospital I heard my wife lean over and whisper in the nurses ear "scrub it hard!". I loved that woman

Old 09-19-2018, 11:28 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
good point, I like to measure my cars in smiles per gallon!

Old 09-19-2018, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Thank you for beating me to the punch.
That's not me with the 0 - X and top speeds [although I would love an extra couple hundred horses], but the drifting and roasting, absolutely. If you've grown up and just want to enjoy your beautiful drive I'm very happy for you. Some of the rest of us have a little more lead in our foot, and our pencils

And I am now 3 days from making it 3 years without a points ticket!!

Last edited by HabitualOffender; 09-19-2018 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:43 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Zettinger
that was embarrassing for SUPERLEGGERA ( I still can't wrap my head around that naming on car heavy like this)

I agree with all said above
I thought the same when I heard it was about 4k lbs. Superlightweight compared to what? A Bentley? What's the Italian word for "super-not-as-heavy-as-it-could've-been"?

Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Something wrong. Usually higher HP cars can reel in lower HP cars that get the jump. Here, the higher HP/wt car gets the jump and the lower hp/wt car catches it...
German hp must be stronger than British hp.

So, not so super and not so leggera, is it.
I know Aston likely under-rates their cars (which explains why many testers accomplish 0-60 times better than Aston's claims), but perhaps Mercedes AMG underrates theirs more?

Old 09-19-2018, 03:55 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Manufacturers have been known to have a hotshot in their press fleet for showing off. Wouldn't be surprised if the AMG was not exactly stock.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Manufacturers have been known to have a hotshot in their press fleet for showing off. Wouldn't be surprised if the AMG was not exactly stock.
very true, that green GT-R has been passed around like the Village Bicycle to literally any youtube automotive journalist, wonder if the DBS is even broken in properly yet?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New generation of Astons.....