Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Battery replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 04:04 PM
Denny 6.53 is an unknown quantity at this point
Battery replacement

Hello everyone, I am getting ready to change the battery in my '11 V8V S roadster. I watched the Redpants video (Semper Fi) and just started looking the job over. I removed the aluminum trim piece, the leather shelf, and the padding.

I purchased a great little tool kit at Summit Racing that has a T27 mini socket and ratchet that took care of the four small bolts. I have the vertical carpet trim pulled away from the battery. My question is, can I remove the carpet piece entirely? Seems like that would make the job easier. I've pulled on it, but it feels
attached.

Thanks

Old 09-21-2018, 09:56 AM
skywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the rough
As a quick note/adjustment to Rich's directions for a coupe. Remove the vertical carpet panel behind the seat and the side wall carpet will flex easily to remove the sliding forward battery retention brackets. There are 2 nuts under the floor carpet to get that panel loose. Hope that makes sense and helps.

Old 09-23-2018, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the replies. I was out of town and now I'm back to the battery. I have the vertical carpet pulled away. The silver bar removed. My car uses two t-27 screws to hold the battery strap instead of 10mm nuts.
I can slide the two hold down bars but can't get them off the end. Something was mentioned about two nuts holding
the carpet down. Can't find them! Have to finish this job. Running out of nice weather. Have two warning messages on the dash. Alarm and stability control. Don't know if they are related to the battery discharging or not

Old 09-25-2018, 11:24 AM
OK. Have the battery ready to lift out. The two retention brackets are off. I could not remove the vertical carpeting on the door side of the battery. There was an "L" shaped heavy fiber
piece on the end of the carpeting. I trimmed it with a razor knife, and the brackets slid right off. I have a C Tek charger that supplies power hooked up to the battery jump terminals
under the hood. I have not removed the battery cables yet, because I want to be sure that the charger is supplying power from that location. It seems that plugging into the power
socket in the trunk will keep everything powered so I can't see why the terminals under the hood would not do the same thing.

Old 09-25-2018, 03:09 PM
Former Vendor
Antigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant future
Hi guys, sounds like you already have your battery Denny but if anyone is looking for a light weight option for their Aston in the future we wanted to let you know about our RS-30 Lithium battery with built in Re-Start which comes in at about 11lbs. Please feel free to check out the video below and let us know if you have any questions.