Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

GTS Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 12:51 AM
RandyV will become famous soon enough
GTS Questions

I have two simple questions about the 2016 GTS models. I have "the book" and I it provide guidance on one of my questions but not the other:
  1. Do all GTS Sport and Lux Roadsters have the sport suspension? The book says all roadsters get the sport suspension so I assume this applies to the GTS as well. I found the GTS announcement from AM that someone posted here from back in 2015 and it says Lux editions get the Comfort suspension -- but I assume that only applies to coupes just like all V8 Vantage and GT models. Do GTS Roadsters also have the Sport suspension by default?
  2. Did the GTS have an option for a GT-like decal package from the factory? I don't see this called out in the book so I assume the answer here is no.
Thanks for the help.

Randy
Future Vantage owner...

Old 09-23-2018, 10:10 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
I believe Roadsters got the sport suspension to help with chassis rigidity. I am fairly certain the coupes can come with either the comfort or sport suspension (based on lux or sport, as you read).

I don't think the GTS had a GT-like decal package. But VCollection sells similar graphics.

Old 09-23-2018, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the reply. I assume the GTS graphics were not factory because I just can't find anything about it. What's weird is that I did a search to see if anyone in the after-market made them and VColleciton never showed up in my results. I checked their site and the do make a GT-like decal package, but the decal does not t have the "GT" emblem -- presumably due to trademark/copyright issues.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:24 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Easy enough to trace out the GT logo with a scalpel before applying, if you really wanted that. Or you could have a third party that does custom vinyl graphics send you a pair of GT stickers in the right size/font/color and apply it on top if you weren't comfortable tracing it out.

Old 09-23-2018, 10:27 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
What do these decals look like?

Also, are GTS models in the USA all 2016?

I wish the splash screen on the Nav said GTS instead of just GT

Last edited by rohnin; 09-23-2018 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Add question
Old 09-24-2018, 08:03 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by rohnin
What do these decals look like?

Also, are GTS models in the USA all 2016?

I wish the splash screen on the Nav said GTS instead of just GT
When I purchased my 2016 GT, My dealer had both GTS models. I asked what was the difference between the GT and GTS. The dealer told me the GTS was a runout of the Vantage for 2016 and early 2017. The Lux had leather interior and Sport shift. The Sport had 6 speed stick without leather. They had no graphics package.
Just a small GTS badge on the right lower corner of the trunk lid. They were also more expensive (base price) than the price of my GT.
Ron

Last edited by Ron Avery; 09-24-2018 at 08:07 AM.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
When I purchased my 2016 GT, My dealer had both GTS models. I asked what was the difference between the GT and GTS. The dealer told me the GTS was a runout of the Vantage for 2016 and early 2017. The Lux had leather interior and Sport shift. The Sport had 6 speed stick without leather. They had no graphics package.
Just a small GTS badge on the right lower corner of the trunk lid. They were also more expensive (base price) than the price of my GT.
Ron
Not exactly. I have a 2016 GTS

Old 09-24-2018, 01:44 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold

Not exactly. I have a 2016 GTS
What are you talking about, that you have 2016? I said in my post that they had 2016 GTS's
Ron

Old 09-24-2018, 02:56 PM
norbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nice
There were a handful of 2016 Vantage GT models produced. All 100 GTS on the other hand were produced as a 2016.
Here is a list of differences between GTS Sport and Lux, The Sport Suspension is fitted to Lux Roadsters.

LUX:
  • 5-Spoke Silver Wheel
  • Comfort Suspension
  • Piano Black Fascia
  • Gloss Black Splitter and Diffuser
  • Bright Grille
  • Magnum Silver Mesh
  • Bright Window Surround
  • Bright Tailpipes
  • Silver Headlight Bezels
  • Bright Side Strakes
  • V8 S Leather Interior Trim
  • Bright Interior Detailing
  • Glass Switches
  • Silver Pedals
  • Silver Paddleshifts
  • Chrome gearknob surround
  • Memory Seats
  • Colour-Keyed Leather Steering Wheel
  • Bang & Olufsen Sound System

SPORT:
  • 5-Spoke Graphite Wheel
  • Sport Suspension (Coupe Only)
  • Carbon Fibre Fascia
  • Carbon Fibre Splitter and Diffuser
  • Black Grille
  • Black Mesh
  • Black Window Surround
  • Black Tailpipes
  • Black Headlight Bezels
  • Carbon Side Strakes
  • Plisse Alcantara Seat / Door Inserts
  • Black Interior Detailing
  • Plastic Switches
  • Black Pedals
  • Black Paddleshifts
  • Carbon gearknob surround
  • Alcantara Steering Wheel
  • Premium Audio

Additional Carbon Fiber exterior options such as mirrors were only available on the Sport. The Sport was also limited to just Obsidian Black or Argento Grey interior leather trim. There was never a graphics pack available from the order sheet for the GTS.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:41 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Per the list above, Lux models all come with comfort suspension, as does the Sport roadster. Only the Sport coupes come with the Sport suspension. This makes sense to me. Most convertibles come with softer suspensions than their coupe sisters to quell cowl shake as much as possible.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:02 PM
What are you talking about, that you have 2016? I said in my post that they had 2016 GTS's
Ron
I know that, because I have one. I wasn’t asking the difference between mine and a GT (please reread my post). I asked what this decal was that I’ve never seen, and if GTS was only a 2016 model year.

I have all the ordering info for both cars (GT and GTS) as I custom ordered mine. And what you stated about them isn’t quite right.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by norbert6speed
All 100 GTS on the other hand were produced as a 2016
That’s what I thought, but I saw more than a few dealer listings for GTS as 2017 and that baffled me

Now that the OP has clarified what he meant by “decal” I understand it to mean the graphics pack, not some small sticker

Old 09-24-2018, 06:02 PM

I know that, because I have one. I wasn’t asking the difference between mine and a GT (please reread my post). I asked what this decal was that I’ve never seen, and if GTS was only a 2016 model year.

I have all the ordering info for both cars (GT and GTS) as I custom ordered mine. And what you stated about them isn’t quite right.
Ok,got it,my apologies for the in accuracy and seemingly hijacking the post not intentional.
Ron

Old 09-24-2018, 08:14 PM

Ok,got it,my apologies for the in accuracy and seemingly hijacking the post not intentional.
Ron
It’s all good

Old 09-24-2018, 11:29 PM
The last 100 Vantages were GTS and all were 2016 models. I am curious if the GTS production run was split 50/50 between lux and sport or Aston built whatever the dealers ordered.

Randy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTS Questions