Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Bend Oregan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 07:30 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Bend Oregan

Hey guys,
I'm driving from Seattle to Bend Or. on Friday and staying the weekend. What's the best scenic driving route (or what should I avoid)?
Cheers.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:34 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Thanks. That’s sort of the route I was considering, with some great ideas. I’m torn between taking the Aston or Bmw.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:16 PM
The routes you suggested were awesome Kanga, I had a great road trip and saw more than I thought I would. I decided to take the baby Bimmer and leave the Vantage at home. I only had my iPhone so excuse the bad quality of the pics (I wish I had taken my camera).

Leaving WA via Snoqualmie Pass

Transfer from WA to OR across the Columbia River:

Shaniko: The Ghost Town with a fantastic Barn Find:

The 218 from Bend to Antelope (lots of fun):

Some deserved refreshments (it would be rude not to given that I'm from N. Ireland and I'm a Scientist):

Painted Hills (the sun was in the wrong place to capture how spectacular these really area):

On my way home:

Last edited by Dalecannavan; 10-15-2018 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Kanga
Glad you got to experience it Dale, it's a beautiful part of the world and a great place to call home. Next time head back through the Gorge for more amazing scenery then shortcut up to Mt Saint Helens to see the volcano.
I have been around that area and it is beautiful. In fact, I climbed Mt St Helens last year.