Bend Oregan - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
Sponsored by:

Bend Oregan

Old 10-10-2018, 07:30 PM
Dalecannavan has a spectacular aura aboutDalecannavan has a spectacular aura aboutDalecannavan has a spectacular aura about
Bend Oregan

Hey guys,
I'm driving from Seattle to Bend Or. on Friday and staying the weekend. What's the best scenic driving route (or what should I avoid)?
Cheers.

Old 10-10-2018, 07:57 PM
Kanga is a jewel in the roughKanga is a jewel in the roughKanga is a jewel in the roughKanga is a jewel in the rough
Head east on 90 then south on 82 onto 97. Stop at Shaniko in Oregon and check out the barn find cars on display! Take 218 to Antelope then the 293 back to 97. On the way back head east on 26 to go to Mitchell and see the Painted Hills then take 207 and 19 back up to 84. Fantastic scenery and great driving roads, my Vantage and Lotus loves them!

Old 10-11-2018, 07:34 PM
Dalecannavan has a spectacular aura aboutDalecannavan has a spectacular aura aboutDalecannavan has a spectacular aura about
Thanks. That’s sort of the route I was considering, with some great ideas. I’m torn between taking the Aston or Bmw.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:57 AM
Kanga is a jewel in the roughKanga is a jewel in the roughKanga is a jewel in the roughKanga is a jewel in the rough
How did the road trip go Dale? Find the good roads I suggested?

Old 10-15-2018, 03:16 PM
The routes you suggested were awesome Kanga, I had a great road trip and saw more than I thought I would. I decided to take the baby Bimmer and leave the Vantage at home. I only had my iPhone so excuse the bad quality of the pics (I wish I had taken my camera).

Leaving WA via Snoqualmie Pass

Transfer from WA to OR across the Columbia River:

Shaniko: The Ghost Town with a fantastic Barn Find:

The 218 from Bend to Antelope (lots of fun):

Some deserved refreshments (it would be rude not to given that I'm from N. Ireland and I'm a Scientist):

Painted Hills (the sun was in the wrong place to capture how spectacular these really area):

On my way home:

Last edited by Dalecannavan; 10-15-2018 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:10 PM
Glad you got to experience it Dale, it's a beautiful part of the world and a great place to call home. Next time head back through the Gorge for more amazing scenery then shortcut up to Mt Saint Helens to see the volcano.

Old 10-15-2018, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
Glad you got to experience it Dale, it's a beautiful part of the world and a great place to call home. Next time head back through the Gorge for more amazing scenery then shortcut up to Mt Saint Helens to see the volcano.
I have been around that area and it is beautiful. In fact, I climbed Mt St Helens last year.