Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Bend Pak vs. Rotary 2 post, your opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 12:52 PM
osu s2k is on a distinguished road
Bend Pak vs. Rotary 2 post, your opinions

I am installing a lift in my garage, problem is i have a ceiling ht. of only 10 ft. 6 inches, bendpak makes a low profile and so does rotary. The bendpak is far better priced, ships directly from cali., the rotary is more. Is there a noticeable difference.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:56 PM
BCS996TT is on a distinguished road
As of now, Im going to install the rotary LC 2 post. My ceilings are around 11.5-12ft...I havent heard of the bend pak, but will certainly look into it. Let me know what you decide.

fyi... with the rotarty, you need about 20ft+x15ft of bay space with a minimum of 4 1/4inch 3000psi concrete base... 220volts with time released 20 amp rating.

Old 10-14-2006, 01:58 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
I have a bendpak 9st on mine. MY ceiling is 10'2" - considering i installed wall mounted commercial garage door openers.

No problems with bendpak. Costed me 1k for install. HOWEVER, notice the thick amount of RED TAPE to teh left and right of the RAMP - I had to shave the metal collars there, and then wrap it with foam, then electric tape several times over to prevent my wide wheels from rubbing. Rotary lift ramp has an extra 1.5" per side alleviating that issue.

The rotary lift has a mechanical safety lock release (manual) vs. Bendpack requires a compressor to unlock the safey locks.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:53 AM
i ended up with a bend pak low ceiling wide application lift that will fit my 10 ft. 6 inch requirement. Everyone said rotary is the best but the low ceiling application rotary was $4k installed and had a lift capacity of 7000 lbs. the bend pak was $2500 shipped, i install and it has a 9000 lb. capacity.

Old 10-18-2006, 01:04 PM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
Do you have the model number of the one you ordered? I have similar requirements for my garage.

Thanks,
David

Old 10-18-2006, 04:04 PM
Model xl-9x

113 in total height, width between post 118 in, 220 volt motor
www.bendpak.com

Old 01-25-2011, 01:46 PM
MUG3N is on a distinguished road
Bend Park Vs. Rotary Lift

Need some insight on what to buy for my shop? I've come to two kind of lifts...the bend park and the rotary lift. any advice would be helpful!

Old 01-25-2011, 02:48 PM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
I've never used a 2 post bendpak, but we used 2 post rotarys in the shop (3 of them) and never had any issues with any of them. 2 post assymetricals.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Saggio is on a distinguished road
I have a Rotary Assymetrical lift.

Love it! You can open your doors without hitting a post.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:08 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Saggio
I have a Rotary Assymetrical lift.

Love it! You can open your doors without hitting a post.
+1. I am also very impressed with Rotary customer service. Don't know much about Bendpak.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:25 PM
Centerlock is on a distinguished road
Go with the Rotary, much higher quality lift than Bendpak. It's only your safety when your standing under your 3300lb Porsche

Old 02-08-2011, 02:28 PM
DC Ranger is on a distinguished road
I have never used a rotary lift but I have been working with Bendpak lifts for years. Why do you think they’re low quality / unsafe? Always lifted porches just fine =).

Old 07-27-2011, 08:22 AM
BB16 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DC Ranger
I have never used a rotary lift but I have been working with Bendpak lifts for years. Why do you think they’re low quality / unsafe? Always lifted porches just fine =).
You will have a very hard time lifting a Porsche with this lift. Porch maybe but a Porsche no. These are made in China cheap bulky lifts that do not come even close to Rotary. The arms are very bulky, thick design and will not fit under the car. Take a look at this picture and see how much thicker they are.

Very bad lifts in my opinion.

Regards BB.

Old 07-29-2011, 01:14 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BB16
You will have a very hard time lifting a Porsche with this lift. Porch maybe but a Porsche no. These are made in China cheap bulky lifts that do not come even close to Rotary. The arms are very bulky, thick design and will not fit under the car. Take a look at this picture and see how much thicker they are.

Very bad lifts in my opinion.

Regards BB.
Nice first troll-like post.

Where do you suppose the steel for Rotary lifts comes from?

From the same website you linked to...Bendpak minimum pad height for their two post lifts is lower than Rotary:

4" minimum pad height = BendPak
http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/...pakxpr-10a.htm

4.75" minimum pad height = Rotary
http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/...202%20post.htm

Moreover, the comparison in the link below clearly shows at least a structural match between Bendpak and Rotary (in the example shown).
http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/...otary-Lift.htm

eg:

In any event, I guess your opinion isn't very accurate.

Last edited by HIRISC; 08-01-2011 at 08:13 AM. Reason: typ-o
Old 08-11-2011, 09:18 AM
BB16 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Nice first troll-like post.

Where do you suppose the steel for Rotary lifts comes from?

From the same website you linked to...Bendpak minimum pad height for their two post lifts is lower than Rotary.

Thanks for response,

Did I say pad height or front arm thickness?

What good the pad height will do if you cannot swing the arm under the car?

Also notice, Bendpak stresses the thickness of the steel used for the lift but what is the benefit of that? If a certain steel grade or thickness is sufficient to do the job, what is the point of making the steel thicker? Does it improve the quality? Their story is "our lift weights more", so what!

I work on cars all my life and seem many lifts before, Bendpak is not a good lift for Porsche or any car with lift points on the outside, additionally if your car is low the thick front arms will not swing under it. Also the arms are unnecessary too long more suitable for cars with frame (if you can find one nowadays) or trucks. Because of the arms length you cannot position the lift pads under the lift points of many cars which makes impossible to lift the car right. You can make the lift a little better by using wider setting (but of course you trade space) and offset adapters (which you have to buy separately) if this is not enough you have to resort to positioning the lift point on the rear arm tube and using 2X4s.

Another annoying thing is the design of the column, compare them in this picture and see how much thicker the column is, the thicker the column the harder it it to open the door and get out of the car after you pull it in.On top of it the Bendpak lift uses a triangular insert which additionally limits the space available for opening the door (the main reason the asymmetric lifts were made for!).

Another thing coming to mind is the safety switch on top of the lift, they do not work sometimes so watch out when raising the car or you will be crushing it. I got two lifts and on one of them the switch works 50/50 and on another pretty much doesn't work at all.

Best Regards, Troll .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bend Pak vs. Rotary 2 post, your opinions