Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Introduction of my 2010 DBS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 10:01 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 007JB
Stunning CAR. Yes on going back to silver taillight inserts. Black kind of disconnects the lines..
Totally agreed

Old 10-26-2018, 05:07 AM
Liilpa09 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
This was the set

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282426607929?ul_noapp=true

The drivers side, even though it fits perfect, when your foot hits the spot over the rubber pad it will slide. I'm going to end up pinning it to the top on the original carpet with a butterfly clip, or something.
Thanks, I’ll look into these.
Originally Posted by sonies
what a gorgeous car! I wouldn't change a thing on the exterior!
Thank you!
Originally Posted by 007JB
Stunning CAR. Yes on going back to silver taillight inserts. Black kind of disconnects the
Originally Posted by handyman2009
Totally agreed
Thats my thoughts as well and why I’m going to switch them back. If I end up doing the strakes, mesh, tail lights, tail pipes, and other trim in black or carbon they may look better...

Old 10-26-2018, 11:58 AM
AWV12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats, great car, enjoy!

Old 10-27-2018, 08:18 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
BASTARD, LOL
Love your mods.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:46 AM
09DBS will become famous soon enough
I have the same clear coat issue on my DBS calipers...no solution other than to re-clear again. My spidey senses tell me the combo of fine brake dust on carbon ceramic rotors and heat cycling can't be too good for caliper clear coats. Also, can you post video of the new install exhaust sound setup - especially with those full length headers = Wow, what a piece of artful work on a V12! Are you going to coat them? Congrats on starting off your DBS ownership in Top Form with these proper mods.

Old 10-29-2018, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by 09DBS
I have the same clear coat issue on my DBS calipers...no solution other than to re-clear again. My spidey senses tell me the combo of fine brake dust on carbon ceramic rotors and heat cycling can't be too good for caliper clear coats. Also, can you post video of the new install exhaust sound setup - especially with those full length headers = Wow, what a piece of artful work on a V12! Are you going to coat them? Congrats on starting off your DBS ownership in Top Form with these proper mods.
Have you tried re-clearing? How has it held up?

I will definitely post up some videos! The headers are ceramic coated from Velocity AP (you can see the black coating on them in the picture). Thanks!

I'm also going to provide some info on the Pagid RSC1 4941 and 4943 pads I will be ordering today (was going back and forth between the Pagid pads and the OEM pads as the Pagid is the only OEM alternative that I'm aware of). They are labeled as a "racing" pad meant for track use but reading up on review of these for the DBS on Pistonheads as well as other car models in general using the RSC1 compound they should be fine. Hopefully they will have a similar feel to OEM and not increase rotor wear or add any brake squeal. They're about 1/3 less expensive than the OEM ($1800 vs. $1100).

Old 10-29-2018, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Liilpa09
Have you tried re-clearing? How has it held up?

No re-clearing yet. I tend to do a ton of measuring on my AM DBS before cutting (keeping within OEM specs [including] original brand materials is key for me) if you know what I mean. I think PPG or DUPONT clear is what was used from factory.

I will definitely post up some videos! The headers are ceramic coated from Velocity AP (you can see the black coating on them in the picture). Thanks!

AM DBS with Touchtronic and full length headers theatrics commence...on standby for your video. For some reason, I was assuming the headers would be stainless (chrome looking) coated as opposed to black?

I'm also going to provide some info on the Pagid RSC1 4941 and 4943 pads I will be ordering today (was going back and forth between the Pagid pads and the OEM pads as the Pagid is the only OEM alternative that I'm aware of). They are labeled as a "racing" pad meant for track use but reading up on review of these for the DBS on Pistonheads as well as other car models in general using the RSC1 compound they should be fine. Hopefully they will have a similar feel to OEM and not increase rotor wear or add any brake squeal. They're about 1/3 less expensive than the OEM ($1800 vs. $1100).
This should provide great feedback on the pad choice once you gather road miles. Please do share.

Thanks.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by 09DBS
This should provide great feedback on the pad choice once you gather road miles. Please do share.

Thanks.
I personally would not be too keen on putting back on the “OEM” clearcoat if it is prone to failure on the brake calipers. I doubt anyone will ever be asking what brand brake caliper clearcoat I used to be able to tell any different as long as it holds up, plenty of Porsche and Ferrari users using VHT without issues, you may want to check it out.

The header ceramic coating can really be done in any color, most common is either a silver color (what I had on one of my M3’s headers) or black. Velocity AP just said they had a pair in black they’d be sending and I didn’t argue since they are very hard to see once installed and they were ready to ship.

As for the brake pads I’m waiting for confirmation but it sounds like the rears are on backorder with no eta. I tried to order today from two difference Pagid dealers, waiting on backorder confirmation from Germany tomorrow. If that’s the case I’ll just have to stick with OEM for this pad change.

Old 10-31-2018, 05:24 AM
Phil57DBS is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello at all

Congrats for this beautiful DBS V

watch the video for the big job placement on the headers !!
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ower-pack.html

i have Pagid RSC1 and all is ok
(for all CCM brakes VantageV12 / DB9 / DBS / Vanquish II )

front
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pagid-Ra...-/162899988520
rear
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pagid-Ra...item238ff08427

Last edited by Phil57DBS; 10-31-2018 at 07:57 AM.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by Phil57DBS
Hello at all

Congrats for this beautiful DBS V

watch the video for the big job placement on the headers !!
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ower-pack.html

i have Pagid RSC1 and all is ok
(for all CCM brakes VantageV12 / DB9 / DBS / Vanquish II )

front
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pagid-Ra...-/162899988520
rear
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pagid-Ra...item238ff08427
Brilliant vid Phil57DBS; Outstanding car and greater detail on what was done to get these headers and full combo installed. I noticed that the headers delete the upstream cats which is why I believe they kept the downstream kit? I suspect with this setup, you can still be emissions compliant? Thanks for posting!