Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 06:54 AM
larryg is on a distinguished road
Vantage sale

In one hour I will turn over my 2014 V8V with 920 miles/manual trans to the new buyer.
It is remarkable how much these glorious cars depreciate.
This forum has been very informative and helpful since I purchased this car in 2015 ( first owner).
moving back into vintage vehicles
Thanks to all

Old 12-01-2018, 08:48 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
My first Vantage was a 2007 V8 - new at $156,000. I also could have bought a showroom new Ford GT, but thought - why by something that's more 'kit car' plastic (I already had a blower Porsche 928 and did not need another supercharged car), when I can be driving the Aston which surely would keep it's value more, not knowing they were going to make 20,000+ of them. Two years later in the recession, I was forced to sell - $50,000. Lesson: Never buy new unless you know you have enough of a nest egg to survive hard times without a fire sale. That same car I'd probably be able to sell today for near what I sold it for back then, maybe $10K less. The next Vantage was a 30,000 mile 2009 I bought for $60K - traded up to a 2015 Used GT in 2015 for about $25K difference, traded that up to a 2015 V12S two years later for $20K difference - each time trading essentially extending the warranty the 2 years included in the price.

Those who are buying the 2019 Vantage at the absurd asking prices will take a much greater hit, unless they are buying at dealer invoice which I understand is happening.

Since Mercedes just showcased the much improved interior of their 2020 AMG GT, and that the 2019 Vantage is pretty much a bastardization of the current AMG GT - it will almost demand a new interior for the 2020 Vantage to compete, which will leave existing ones less competitive in the market.

The next few years will be interesting.

I still think the previous version of the Vantage used is a great deal.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:18 AM
Argus will become famous soon enough
First off I wish I was the new owner of Larry's car. But I am waiting and watching and waiting for the right car to come along. I would like to put a friend of mines 09 Vantage as it is perfect. He has ordered a new Vantage. But one sure he will sell. He always orders his cars with just what wants down to the color. He has Ford Gt that he can flip for almost twice what he paid.

Old 12-01-2018, 10:06 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
My first Vantage was a 2007 V8 - new at $156,000. I also could have bought a showroom new Ford GT, but thought - why by something that's more 'kit car' plastic (I already had a blower Porsche 928 and did not need another supercharged car), when I can be driving the Aston which surely would keep it's value more, not knowing they were going to make 20,000+ of them. Two years later in the recession, I was forced to sell - $50,000. Lesson: Never buy new unless you know you have enough of a nest egg to survive hard times without a fire sale. That same car I'd probably be able to sell today for near what I sold it for back then, maybe $10K less. The next Vantage was a 30,000 mile 2009 I bought for $60K - traded up to a 2015 Used GT in 2015 for about $25K difference, traded that up to a 2015 V12S two years later for $20K difference - each time trading essentially extending the warranty the 2 years included in the price.

Those who are buying the 2019 Vantage at the absurd asking prices will take a much greater hit, unless they are buying at dealer invoice which I understand is happening.

Since Mercedes just showcased the much improved interior of their 2020 AMG GT, and that the 2019 Vantage is pretty much a bastardization of the current AMG GT - it will almost demand a new interior for the 2020 Vantage to compete, which will leave existing ones less competitive in the market.

I still love the 2009 Vantage ( which I own) and bought it really well last year...You always have to buy the car right, then you can sell it, if needed, with less stress. My last "new" car was in 2011 and I generally always buy used, wait fore the right car and do not get emotional about purchase or sale.

However, i am likely going to break my rule in that I'm getting my daughter a new Volvo XC 40 for her college graduation that we are going to order and take delivery in Europe. Do a nice family and friend trip for a couple of weeks... Actually, the Volvo European Delivery is a great program... Order exactly what you want, they give a discount on MSRP, two RT airline tickets and a night in Sweden, 2 weeks of insurance and you get the car about 6 weeks after dropping it off...

Old 12-01-2018, 01:51 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
You barely drove that car for 4 years. How much did you end up selling for? If you were in CA I would have been interested

Old 12-01-2018, 09:58 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
920 miles over that time period! I’m guessing that’s a typo and it’s 9200. Still low mileage.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:09 AM
larryg is on a distinguished road
920 miles was the number
just needed to move on
For years I collected only vintage cars
will try the vintage route again
Still keeping my 2015 R8 manual with 1001 miles

Old 12-02-2018, 10:34 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Prefurbia

Bet you wish you had bought the Ford GT ( Smile)

Old 12-02-2018, 07:49 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I wish I'd bought a Ford GT, but it would have 90,000 miles on it now (smile)

Old 12-03-2018, 07:59 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
I wish I'd bought a Ford GT, but it would have 90,000 miles on it now (smile)
and would still somehow be worth more than you paid for it... lol

I'll be buying my first new car here soon, a new 4runner for my wife since our cayenne is an unreliable piece of junk that is only bound to depreciate more and continue to be costly to fix, whereas the no frills & out dated 4runner will never break and never depreciate... crazy stuff