Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Got T-boned

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 12:52 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by rohnin
Do you think I should just drop off the car ASAP to the Aston certified shop? Either way it will need to go there to be fixed or assessed. Or should I take it to a dealer first as is to see how much devaluation happened?

All I know is that the car will never be the same again after a repair no matter how good and even though it’s my dream car it’s ruined
Drop it off, as in get it fixed before getting the insurance to pay for it? I wouldn't. I wouldn't get anything done to the car until you've got money from insurance.

Old 12-28-2018, 12:58 PM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by blue2000s
Drop it off, as in get it fixed before getting the insurance to pay for it? I wouldn't. I wouldn't get anything done to the car until you've got money from insurance.
+1 Get a couple quotes, and get an adjuster to look at it, but don't spend any $$ yet until insurance settles up.

Old 12-28-2018, 02:26 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Hard to tell from the pic but it all looks fairly superficial damage . A new door and associated bits n pieces , repaint and should be good as new if done correctly by certified AM repair shop .
I have to agree with Mathman if its fixed right and its your dreamcar that your not going to sell then whats the problem .
If you never want your car to damaged dented or scratched get it delivered into your livingroom throw a cover on it and never look at it again .
S*#t happens , there are dumb drivers everywhere and you cant wrap your car in bubble wrap .
Main thing is happily no injuries .
Get it fixed enjoy it and move on .

Old 12-28-2018, 09:32 PM
Argus will become famous soon enough
The insurance company will total the car if it is more than something like 72% to repair. I think it has something to do with liability after the repair is complete. Hopefully the person who hit you is insured with more than the minimum coverage by law if insured at all.

Old 12-28-2018, 10:28 PM
PK_Vantage is on a distinguished road
Sorry this happened but glad that you're not injured.

If I were you, I wouldn't keep this car after it's been hit like that especially if it's your dream car. I would hope that they'd total the car and you being compensated fairly. If not I would have it fixed then sell it and demand for diminished value compensation or otherwise SUE.

It's not a good situation to be in but good luck. You'll have all our support and/or advice here.

Old 12-29-2018, 12:32 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road

Thanks all of you for the advice and consolation. I’ve dropped off the car already at the AM certified repair shop although the other party’s insurance hasn’t contacted me yet (I do have a claim # with them though, and they were supposed to call).

The shop recommended a company to get diminished value back, I wonder if that’s the route I should go or do I need to look for a lawyer now?

Anyway I know it’s just a car even a dream car but like some have also said it’s never the same and I’ve had cars that were repaired in the past which I just couldn’t deal with because the repairs are visible no matter how great the shop.

BTW I’m female and yes I do regret having ordered it in Ceramic Grey instead of paying more for a dark metallic red. Guess that doesn’t matter anymore!

Does anyone have any idea what my car was worth before the accident? 2016 GTS coupe 1 of 100 ordered with all options (B&O, slight Q interior), all carbon fiber options, full leather interior, exterior paint charge... less than 12k miles

Last edited by rohnin; 12-29-2018 at 12:55 AM.
Old 12-29-2018, 07:34 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough

Thanks all of you for the advice and consolation. I’ve dropped off the car already at the AM certified repair shop although the other party’s insurance hasn’t contacted me yet (I do have a claim # with them though, and they were supposed to call).

The shop recommended a company to get diminished value back, I wonder if that’s the route I should go or do I need to look for a lawyer now?

Anyway I know it’s just a car even a dream car but like some have also said it’s never the same and I’ve had cars that were repaired in the past which I just couldn’t deal with because the repairs are visible no matter how great the shop.

BTW I’m female and yes I do regret having ordered it in Ceramic Grey instead of paying more for a dark metallic red. Guess that doesn’t matter anymore!

Does anyone have any idea what my car was worth before the accident? 2016 GTS coupe 1 of 100 ordered with all options (B&O, slight Q interior), all carbon fiber options, full leather interior, exterior paint charge... less than 12k miles
​​​​​I have to repeat that you should not have any work done until you have a check. It puts you in a very weak position. If the car is totalled you are left with a branded car and a hefty bill that won't be reimbursed.

Old 12-29-2018, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by blue2000s
​​​​​I have to repeat that you should not have any work done until you have a check. It puts you in a very weak position. If the car is totalled you are left with a branded car and a hefty bill that won't be reimbursed.
No I just dropped it off for an estimate

Old 12-29-2018, 11:47 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Around 100K would be my guess.

Old 12-29-2018, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Around 100K would be my guess.
So sad That’s 70k depreciation in 2.5 years what I paid

Anyone know a good experienced lawyer in these matters in Southern California? I’m sure this has happened many times here especially

Old 12-29-2018, 01:36 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
So sad That’s 70k depreciation in 2.5 years what I paid
I could be wrong... Hardly the first time. I can't see it being above 110K... Maybe someone else has opinion on the value?

Did you call your local AM dealer?

Old 12-29-2018, 03:19 PM

No I just dropped it off for an estimate
whew

Old 12-29-2018, 07:08 PM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
Every insurance company's mission is to pay out as little as possible. Contact a lawyer with experience in this area for advice before you proceed with any repairs.

Old 12-29-2018, 08:37 PM
Wish this wasn’t so complicated I’m taking all your advice though

Old 12-29-2018, 08:59 PM
RandyV will become famous soon enough
Sorry to hear about your accident and glad you are ok.

As far as value, I have to agree with the last few posts. I bought my GTS convertible back in September with just under 700 miles on the odo and paid just under $100k. My car is a Lux and it sounds like yours is a Sport but option-wise it sounds like our cars may be spec'd similarly. My car doesn't have the carbon fiber bits.

I understand the emotional side of your situation. In the end, you know yourself best and if you know you cannot get past the fact that the car was repaired, not much else matters.

Good luck with your situation and please keep us posted.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got T-boned