Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Pic request-- Lowered DBS with factory wheels (& spacers)

Old 01-25-2019, 08:35 AM
Liilpa09 is on a distinguished road
Pic request-- Lowered DBS with factory wheels (& spacers)

I know there are plenty of threads for the Vantage and some for the DB9 but unfortunately not much info on the DBS with regard to lowering the vehicle, especially on factory wheels. A google search doesn't provide much either, outside of the few cars out there that have been lowered with typically aftermarket 21" wheels. There's also limited info for the DBS specifically that mention the best spacer setup to run.

Just trying to determine if I want to install the VAP springs and H&R/Adaptec spacers I have and what the best spacer setup is for the DBS with factory wheels. I'm concerned with how long the nose is with the car lowered and speedbumps/driveways etc... I'm coming from the BMW world where my M3's were very low but the nose of the car wasn't nearly as long. I have 2 sets of 11mm H&R spacers and 2 sets of 20mm Adaptec spacers that I just picked up second hand off ebay to try to dial in the right setup front/rear as well as the VAP springs that should lower the car around 3/4". I also picked up the scrape armor for the front splitters/bumper to give some extra protection. Also wondering if lowering the car + spacers takes away from any of the "class" of the original design.

That being said if it looks great I'll give it a whirl!

Here's a mandatory picture of how it sits now...I assure you there's wheel gap and the wheels definitely don't sit flush with the fenders, definitely a deceiving photo!

Last edited by Liilpa09; 01-25-2019 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:55 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Just buy the next higher aspect ratio tires, no more fender gap and better ground clearance.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Just buy the next higher aspect ratio tires, no more fender gap and better ground clearance.
I hear you but I’m not a fan of the huge sidewall look...

Old 01-27-2019, 12:28 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
[QUOTE=Liilpa09;4762633] I got 2 sets of 20mm Adaptec spacers that I just picked up second hand off ebay to try to dial in the right setup front/rear as well as the VAP springs that should lower the car around 3/4".
/QUOTE]

Hey buddy, your spacers shipped today, and 2 day priority mail, so maybe Tuesday, but likely Wed. 1box. Originally they came in 2 separate ones and were not loose but not tight in the boxes. I put both sets in ONE box stacked on top of each other. They cannot move, then padded the top.

BUT........forgot to put the 10 lugs in the box. They will ship Monday in a priority box also. Glad I even saw them on my table.

The spacers were NEVER used on the road. They were installed on a lift, then several sets of wheels were tried, and then taken off. So not new, but not really used either.

Happy they are going to you. Here are some pics of my DB9 on VAP springs which are the best ones to get. I think yours should sit exactly like mine when done. I have 20's on mine now. IT lowered it about 3/4 and the ride is great. However, I got some squeaking on the front end when its cold and slow speeds. Stuart sent me some tubing to wrap one link with which will stop it. I just haven't put them on yet. But very very well worth the cost.

I know when I want to see things, one picture won't do; so here are a bunch showing many different angles. Yes, I just changes caliper color to yellow and should have done that from the start. Some of the pics, like yours are deceiving; the car sits perfectly low with 20's installed. the gap is perfect around the tire rather than making the gap oblong so to speak. Also------that last pic I have, thats not a scrape on the front left fender. Its a cloud showing due to the reflection. My paint is perfect other than one mark there (on that left fender and shown in the closeup pic) on the edge of the fender. It can't be re-sprayed without doing the whole fender due to the location, and if touched up it shows way too much.

Last edited by SheriffDep; 01-27-2019 at 12:34 AM.
Old 01-28-2019, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE=SheriffDep;4762968]
Originally Posted by Liilpa09
I got 2 sets of 20mm Adaptec spacers that I just picked up second hand off ebay to try to dial in the right setup front/rear as well as the VAP springs that should lower the car around 3/4".
/QUOTE]

Hey buddy, your spacers shipped today, and 2 day priority mail, so maybe Tuesday, but likely Wed. 1box. Originally they came in 2 separate ones and were not loose but not tight in the boxes. I put both sets in ONE box stacked on top of each other. They cannot move, then padded the top.

BUT........forgot to put the 10 lugs in the box. They will ship Monday in a priority box also. Glad I even saw them on my table.

The spacers were NEVER used on the road. They were installed on a lift, then several sets of wheels were tried, and then taken off. So not new, but not really used either.

Happy they are going to you. Here are some pics of my DB9 on VAP springs which are the best ones to get. I think yours should sit exactly like mine when done. I have 20's on mine now. IT lowered it about 3/4 and the ride is great. However, I got some squeaking on the front end when its cold and slow speeds. Stuart sent me some tubing to wrap one link with which will stop it. I just haven't put them on yet. But very very well worth the cost.

I know when I want to see things, one picture won't do; so here are a bunch showing many different angles. Yes, I just changes caliper color to yellow and should have done that from the start. Some of the pics, like yours are deceiving; the car sits perfectly low with 20's installed. the gap is perfect around the tire rather than making the gap oblong so to speak. Also------that last pic I have, thats not a scrape on the front left fender. Its a cloud showing due to the reflection. My paint is perfect other than one mark there (on that left fender and shown in the closeup pic) on the edge of the fender. It can't be re-sprayed without doing the whole fender due to the location, and if touched up it shows way too much.

thanks for the info on the spacers. Hoping I won’t have to cut the factory studs to fit them, we shall see!

Your car car looks great, thanks for the photos and info!

Old 01-30-2019, 02:56 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
You dont cut anything for the spacer as far as I am aware. The Adaptec ones slip over factory studs and bolt down using the nuts I shipped in a separate box. They are small. Then the spacer has the NEW bolts that the wheels mount on and you use your factory lug nuts on those. The small nuts should, (SHOULD), fit in under the recessed area of the wheel.

Old 01-30-2019, 04:56 AM
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
You dont cut anything for the spacer as far as I am aware. The Adaptec ones slip over factory studs and bolt down using the nuts I shipped in a separate box. They are small. Then the spacer has the NEW bolts that the wheels mount on and you use your factory lug nuts on those. The small nuts should, (SHOULD), fit in under the recessed area of the wheel.
Yep, the concern is if the factory studs will stick out too far past the spacer causing them to hit the back of the wheel so that the wheel can not get down snuggly onto the spacer itself. It has been discussed on here many times for the vantage and db9. Certain wheels have deep enough pockets on backside of the wheel to allow for this and others don’t. Not much on dbs wheels but I’ll find out soon