Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Ctek battery tender with cig adapter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 11:54 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
Another interesting way of connecting direct to battery. This allows monitoring of the bat and the conditioner plugs into it. I stopped by the shop today and checked an the panel in front of the batt seems to some kind of board. When we install the harness bar we are going to explore this option. I do not like the rear power plug for the reasons stated i.e. lousy connection, but more than that, the horribly implemented plug mounting which contributes to lousy connection. Not sure how it mounts to the panel but for 17 bucks I'm going to find out

Part

Last edited by era2076; 02-03-2019 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Add youtube install
Old 02-03-2019, 11:10 AM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
Mounting behind the seat probably wont accomplish all hoped for. From CTEK FAQ

I have a INDICATOR connected to the battery in my car. The red lamp flashes even after I've fully charged the battery. Should it do this? I thought the INDICATOR would be green when the battery is fully charged? Minimize

The CTEK INDICATOR is exactly what the name says – an indicator. It provides a snapshot of the system voltage level and works best when the battery has reached a rest level (this can take up to a few hours to reach after the battery was used). As soon as you open a car door or turn on the ignition, the battery voltage vill temporarly drop and the indicator shows yellow or even red. To make things easier, you can position the INDICATOR where you can see it without having to unlock or use any voltage in the car.
chr

Old 02-05-2019, 12:52 AM
lovingit is on a distinguished road
Has anyone purchased this or do you just use a regular extension cable?

CTEK (56-304) Comfort Connect Extension Cable, 8.2 Feet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ADIHUVG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9buwCbSVACEVE

Old 02-05-2019, 09:23 PM
RandyV will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by lovingit
Has anyone purchased this or do you just use a regular extension cable?

CTEK (56-304) Comfort Connect Extension Cable, 8.2 Feet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ADIHUVG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9buwCbSVACEVE
I think the standard cable is plenty long. Not sure why you would need this unless you plan to place the CTek far away from your car.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:23 PM
So I have been charging the battery for about a week now. It passed step 2 which allows it to hold a charge. It’s on step 7 now. But when I attempted to start the car, the car will NOT start. I’m confused as to why the ctek will indicate it is on step 7 but the car will not start? I get lights on the speedometer and dash and even the radio. Just can’t start the car. Seems like the battery still has some juice left. Maybe it just won’t hold a charge despite what the ctek (step 7) is indicating?

Will a jump start work to crank it?

Old 02-10-2019, 12:30 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Ctek is reading and supporting information based on voltage, if you do not have the amperage it is a factor to start the car. You most definitely need to start with a new battery then allow the Ctek to "maintain" it.

Old 02-10-2019, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Ctek is reading and supporting information based on voltage, if you do not have the amperage it is a factor to start the car. You most definitely need to start with a new battery then allow the Ctek to "maintain" it.
So the amperage determines the ability for it to crank and the volt determines how “powerful” it is?

So does that mean the battery will still be able to jump from another battery?

Last edited by lovingit; 02-10-2019 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:58 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Ohms law. Jump it with another good battery if you need to. I suspect you need a new battery.

Old 02-10-2019, 01:59 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lovingit

So the amperage determines the ability for it to crank and the volt determined how “powerful” it is?

So does that mean the battery will still be able to jump from another battery?
yes, can jump the battery as shown in owners manual.
My hunch, your battery is fully charged, but does not have enough cranking amps. The maintainer maintains the charge, not cranking power. With cranking amps low, the battery needs to be replaced.
Be good once you get the car running is to have a shop do a stress test on battery. Otherwise, we are just guessing a bit.