Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Northern Virginia independent Aston repair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 06:52 AM
porkchopious is on a distinguished road
Northern Virginia independent Aston repair

Hello,

I have a 2009 V8 Vantage Roadster that I dearly love. I do most of the routine maintenance myself, but I may need a competent repair shop in the future. I don't want to get my pants pulled down by the dealer in Tyson's Corner. Any recommendations regarding a good repair facility in the Northern Virginia, DC, Maryland area?

Old 02-06-2019, 07:29 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
I only had my 2008 Vantage Roadster serviced at the dealership in Tysons (Exclusive Automotive Group). I even had them install the Velocity AP twin plate clutch and lightweight flywheel (upgrade at ~50,000 miles, dealer had to do it to calibrate the ASM since my indy didn't have the AM computer) and VelocityAP 200 cell sports catalysts (since the old cats had to come off anyway when the new clutch is installed). Their prices are reasonable. And it doesn't hurt to go in and get an estimate before deciding whether you want to go to an indy.

Last edited by programmatore; 02-06-2019 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:12 PM
porkchopious is on a distinguished road
Thank you, that's very helpful!

Old 02-08-2019, 03:07 PM
bowvmi2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
I am thinking of using Lorton Auto Service Center located on Telegraph Road for my 2006 V8 Vantage. I spoke to them on the phone and they seem to have experience with exotics/semi-exotics. They told me that they charge $95.99/hr for maintenance work, which is cheaper than the dealership.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:34 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bowvmi2001
I am thinking of using Lorton Auto Service Center located on Telegraph Road for my 2006 V8 Vantage. I spoke to them on the phone and they seem to have experience with exotics/semi-exotics. They told me that they charge $95.99/hr for maintenance work, which is cheaper than the dealership.
Their hourly rate is cheaper BUT will they take longer to diagnose and fix an issue than the techs at the dealership who deal with AMs day in and day out? Just saying it doesn't hurt to get a quote from both an indy and the dealership, that's all.

Old 02-09-2019, 12:32 PM
bowvmi2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
True. However, they are 20% cheaper and have 4.9 stars on google with 162 reviews; so as long as they don't take 21% longer to complete the work I will at least break even. Overall, I think they are a low risk place to try out. Especially considering the last time my car was at the dealership that had it for over two months for a simple repair. By the time it got finished, I was only willing to talk to the general manager due to issues with the service manager.

Old 02-09-2019, 11:09 PM
Sleestak is on a distinguished road
I’ve taken mine to Intersport in Tyson’s and they were reasonable. Anybody else use them?

Old 02-10-2019, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by Sleestak
I’ve taken mine to Intersport in Tyson’s and they were reasonable. Anybody else use them?
I've always taken my Porsches to Art at Intersport. Art is the man! He also serviced my former Vantage a couple of times and installed the RSC Tuning spacers (15m front, 20mm rear) for me. The dealership quoted me $$$ to push out the OEM studs and press in the longer studs but Art was able to do the job at a fraction of the cost. This is why I always recommend getting a quote from both the dealership and indy for comparison!

Last edited by programmatore; 02-11-2019 at 11:58 AM.