Redpants contact - Page 2 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Redpants contact

Old 02-15-2019, 01:29 PM
embdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to all
Originally Posted by lovingit View Post
Stuart from AP is way more responsive.
Guys, give Rich the benefit of the doubt. AFAIK Stuart works fulltime at Velocity. Rich, on the other hand, has a full time job that helps fund his part time RedPants venture.
As someone who worked as a Military Contracter its not unusual that you are required to travel to unknown parts of the world at a moments notice.

Old 02-18-2019, 01:56 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
I donít know. I see heís currently active on FB but he hasnít responded to my messages on FB Messenger. Whatever

Old 02-18-2019, 06:41 PM
Basic Sponsor
Redpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by spyder997s View Post
How many more Ncal folks do you need? Do you already have an interest list?

I can start a new thread looking for Ncal sign ups if it'll help.
It'd definitely help but we need to get through the Austin event first. It'll be the first event that's not local to me in Tampa or to them in England, so it's going to be a big test for how things go. So long as it works well, we'll push for NorCal. I had a few people email me shortly after posting here and in my blog about doing Austin instead of California, so there should be a good amount of interest, but the more the merrier because James and Lenny have to close down their business in England and travel over here to attend these events.

Originally Posted by embdenb View Post
Guys, give Rich the benefit of the doubt. AFAIK Stuart works fulltime at Velocity. Rich, on the other hand, has a full time job that helps fund his part time RedPants venture.
As someone who worked as a Military Contracter its not unusual that you are required to travel to unknown parts of the world at a moments notice.
I appreciate the support
I don't have to travel for work but the travel I've been doing has been part of a bigger plan to expand beyond parts sales. I realized pretty quickly that a lot of people demand a massive amount of my time without ever buying anything from me, or ever intending to. For example, I once spent three hours straight helping a guy pick out brake fluid, even so far as comparing technical specs from a variety of brands (which I had to gather), and then explain what each spec meant, how they all apply, and what's the cost-benefit of each fluid, and how they pair with brake pad use.... long story short he bought the brake fluid from another place to save $8 on shipping. That moment made me realize that some people don't think I'm worth $2.67 an hour so I need to think outside the box since I was and still am giving out "free" information to help people save buckets of cash owning their Aston Martins.
Since sales in my online store are the only revenue I get out of Redpants, I'm basically working for pennies on the dollar because I spend so much time helping people out for free. So now I'm running far beyond capacity so I can find a way to make this worthwhile for me because it'd be soooo easy to walk away but I really don't want to.

Originally Posted by rohnin View Post
I donít know. I see heís currently active on FB but he hasnít responded to my messages on FB Messenger. Whatever
If you messaged the Redpants FB page, you should have gotten an automated response to email me at [email protected]
The business platform for FB is very clunky and usually doesn't load properly on one of the computers I use. I also have people that communicate on both interchangeably and having to jump between messages on FB and emails they've sent me to keep up with the conversation is extremely difficult. So I've asked that people email me so I can keep things slightly more sorted.

I did include a comment about this in my last blog post so hopefully people can better understand what's going on:
​​​​​​​https://www.redpants.lol/blog/tech-day-austin-2019

[email protected]
Old 02-18-2019, 08:43 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Redpants View Post
If you messaged the Redpants FB page, you should have gotten an automated response to email me at [email protected]
The business platform for FB is very clunky and usually doesn't load properly on one of the computers I use. I also have people that communicate on both interchangeably and having to jump between messages on FB and emails they've sent me to keep up with the conversation is extremely difficult. So I've asked that people email me so I can keep things slightly more sorted.

I did include a comment about this in my last blog post so hopefully people can better understand what's going on:
https://www.redpants.lol/blog/tech-day-austin-2019
I messaged you directly, Richard S.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:34 PM
Vantage_007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hope things are well with you, Rich. I just saw elsewhere that you sold the red car...

http://www.roadraceautox.com/showthr...n-exotic/page4

I have a cart full of crap ready to buy from your store! Just need to wait till I'm back from some travel so I'm actually around to accept the shipment!

Old 02-19-2019, 06:43 AM
Basic Sponsor
Redpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rohnin View Post
I messaged you directly, Richard S.
It's extraordinarily rare for me to look at message requests on my personal FB account and I'm still not even though I get them all the time. I made myself very public when I launched Redpants so people would know they're talking to a person and not some nameless business with no interest in the industry except a payday. My name is all over the place, my face is in all my videos, my address is on every order I ship out. The only privacy I have left is my personal Facebook account, which I use to keep in touch with my friends and family around the world. I have no other privacy left and I won't be giving it up. Yes, I understand the irony of using FB for privacy lol

I guess one bit of privacy I'll be reclaiming is my romantic life (well, complete lack thereof at the moment and for the foreseeable future). After things ended with the ex, I keep coming across a ton of content I've created that includes her and it's really difficult to watch or read. Lesson learned, I'll be focusing entirely on myself in the content going forward if or when I ever find myself in another relationship. It isn't to be selfish at all. I'd have loved for the "couple's car life" thing to work. But given the complication it's become, I'm going to avoid the situation altogether from now on. Plus I'm gearing Redpants more toward being just about parts, info, and technical, and shifting anything person/non-automotive to another project.

Originally Posted by Vantage_007 View Post
Hope things are well with you, Rich. I just saw elsewhere that you sold the red car...
http://www.roadraceautox.com/showthr...n-exotic/page4
I have a cart full of crap ready to buy from your store! Just need to wait till I'm back from some travel so I'm actually around to accept the shipment!
Ah, nice! He'd mentioned he races and that he gets on forums, but I didn't know which ones or how involved he is.
It'll be interesting to see how the car evolves long-term because he wants to try some interesting things with it, like the square wheel/tire setup (some Aston race cars do use a square setup, btw). All the more fun for the rest of us to learn along with him as he does new things most of us haven't tried.
It's definitely going to a good owner, so it's win-win for all involved.

[email protected]

Last edited by Redpants; 02-19-2019 at 06:50 AM.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:02 AM
Vantage_007 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's extraordinarily rare for me to look at message requests on my personal FB account and I'm still not even though I get them all the time. I made myself very public when I launched Redpants so people would know they're talking to a person and not some nameless business with no interest in the industry except a payday. My name is all over the place, my face is in all my videos, my address is on every order I ship out. The only privacy I have left is my personal Facebook account, which I use to keep in touch with my friends and family around the world. I have no other privacy left and I won't be giving it up. Yes, I understand the irony of using FB for privacy lol

I guess one bit of privacy I'll be reclaiming is my romantic life (well, complete lack thereof at the moment and for the foreseeable future). After things ended with the ex, I keep coming across a ton of content I've created that includes her and it's really difficult to watch or read. Lesson learned, I'll be focusing entirely on myself in the content going forward if or when I ever find myself in another relationship. It isn't to be selfish at all. I'd have loved for the "couple's car life" thing to work. But given the complication it's become, I'm going to avoid the situation altogether from now on. Plus I'm gearing Redpants more toward being just about parts, info, and technical, and shifting anything person/non-automotive to another project.

Ah, nice! He'd mentioned he races and that he gets on forums, but I didn't know which ones or how involved he is.
It'll be interesting to see how the car evolves long-term because he wants to try some interesting things with it, like the square wheel/tire setup (some Aston race cars do use a square setup, btw). All the more fun for the rest of us to learn along with him as he does new things most of us haven't tried.
It's definitely going to a good owner, so it's win-win for all involved.
I saw it posted and immediately said to him "there's no better seller of an Aston than this guy..."

Old 02-19-2019, 09:45 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Vantage_007 View Post
I saw it posted and immediately said to him "there's no better seller of an Aston than this guy..."
You're awesome, thank you

[email protected]
Old 03-10-2019, 11:40 PM
Artcarbon is an unknown quantity at this point
You're awesome, thank you
Hey Rich! I emailed you a few times about adjustments to my order (lamy pen and side marker). Do you mind sending me the difference when you have a chance? I'm stoked to get the order completed - especially after seeing how fast you shipped out my gas strut and cat gasket order! Thanks!

Old 03-12-2019, 07:56 PM
DonRW2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sigh... Redpants

Originally Posted by Artcarbon View Post
Hey Rich! I emailed you a few times about adjustments to my order (lamy pen and side marker). Do you mind sending me the difference when you have a chance? I'm stoked to get the order completed - especially after seeing how fast you shipped out my gas strut and cat gasket order! Thanks!
Good luck with that...

Old 03-13-2019, 01:43 PM
targamatt is an unknown quantity at this point
FWIW, I placed an order on Redpants March 3, it shipped March 4th, and I received it today in Canada. Thanks Rich, great purchase experience and will look forward to the slippery slope of future purchases!

matt

Old 03-14-2019, 10:34 PM
Artcarbon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by targamatt View Post
FWIW, I placed an order on Redpants March 3, it shipped March 4th, and I received it today in Canada. Thanks Rich, great purchase experience and will look forward to the slippery slope of future purchases!

matt
Thanks for the input Matt. My second order was shipped near instantly. I just hope everything is alright with Rich.

Old Yesterday, 09:32 AM
chriscmore is an unknown quantity at this point
My order was placed 2/23, for the flashlight, which should be in stock, and the exterior lens kit which somewhere was posted they were in. But the site's not updated, and no communications anywhere.

Back when I started my company job as Plan B while working at Plan A, the key was to "fake it until you make it." And by faking it, I mean act like you received orders and want to please customers like a real company. It can be a part time gig, a weekend gig, a during-the-workday gig, but somewhere it has to at least present itself as a gig.

Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM
JPS-ATL is an unknown quantity at this point
FWIW, I've placed two orders at Redpants.lol in the past month and both shipped within 1-2 business days. A happy customer here.