Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Redpants contact

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 07:12 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by embdenb
You are absolutely right is saying that you can purchase your orders from anyone. With that said RedPants does not fall neatly into the Velocity AP / V Collection / Fabspeed etc. categories.
None of the above companies have put the same time and effort, on his own dime, to educate the average Aston Martin DIY owner.

Rich has developed a number of You-Tube tutorials geared directly to the DIY. In addition there are a number of DIY guides available on his website. His analysis of brake pads includes his personal time on the track and street before offering his recommendations. His engine and transaxle oil recommendations are based on his own research and actually using the product. As someone who attended his tech day in Tampa, the ability to talk at length with the guys from Aston Installations was priceless.

It’s a bit disingenuous to use his free resources and then hammer him for missed delivery dates.

Sure, he is a one man operation and that will probably not change soon. There is just not enough margin is what he is doing. I sympathize with the guy whose car is on jack stands waiting for what seems like an eternity for his parts. But RedPants has become a valuable resource to the average Aston owner and I would hope that he continues to be supported whenever possible. (my 2 cents)
Agree... I've met Rich a couple of times and he even met me to pick up parts with less than an hours notice. The others won't do that!

Get well Rich...

Old 07-23-2019, 12:29 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
You are absolutely right is saying that you can purchase your orders from anyone. With that said RedPants does not fall neatly into the Velocity AP / V Collection / Fabspeed etc. categories.
None of the above companies have put the same time and effort, on his own dime, to educate the average Aston Martin DIY owner.

Rich has developed a number of You-Tube tutorials geared directly to the DIY. In addition there are a number of DIY guides available on his website. His analysis of brake pads includes his personal time on the track and street before offering his recommendations. His engine and transaxle oil recommendations are based on his own research and actually using the product. As someone who attended his tech day in Tampa, the ability to talk at length with the guys from Aston Installations was priceless.

It’s a bit disingenuous to use his free resources and then hammer him for missed delivery dates.

Sure, he is a one man operation and that will probably not change soon. There is just not enough margin is what he is doing. I sympathize with the guy whose car is on jack stands waiting for what seems like an eternity for his parts. But RedPants has become a valuable resource to the average Aston owner and I would hope that he continues to be supported whenever possible. (my 2 cents)
Agreed 100%

Old 07-23-2019, 06:44 PM
kdm
kdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of lightkdm is a glorious beacon of light

Add me to the list of Rich / RedPants supporters. Met him at his Tampa Tech day, had Aston Installations install cameras and bluetooth, have purchased clear tail lights and other parts from him over the past couple of years. Does his 1 man operation slip up sometimes - sure - but none of us are perfect. His research and information about our cars and support of the Aston community are great.
Carry on Rich!!

Old 08-14-2019, 10:13 AM
Maeter is an unknown quantity at this point
Richard,

if you happen to see this, please check your emails with regards to an AMR grille I purchased from you.

Pascal

Old 08-15-2019, 11:54 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Maeter
Richard,

if you happen to see this, please check your emails with regards to an AMR grille I purchased from you.

Pascal
Try to ping him on Facebook or mention him in any Aston group. He usually responds quickly.

Old 08-16-2019, 01:15 PM
Cancel the Missing Person Report, we connected through FB!

Old 08-16-2019, 05:31 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Rich, from one military man to another, I totally respect your work ethic and commitment. Keep it up, it will all come together soon.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:39 AM
Just finished installing the AMR grille which fits well and cleaned up the front nicely, as it matches the lower front grille. As a small note, if you prefer black oxide bolts vs the regular silver ones, these are a straight swap, http://www.ebay.com/itm/153530076206, $9 for 20 with shipping included from Germany.