Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8V LEDs for front/side/rear marker

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 01:08 AM
anasu98 is an unknown quantity at this point
V8V LEDs for front/side/rear marker

Have anyone of you replaced bulbs for front/side/rear marker to LEDs?

Recently, my side marker got broken from aging I decided to replace them to smoked one but I would like to put LEDs instead of bulbs.

I have been looking for the right LEDs for these but I would like to ask you guys if you have any recommendation.

I already have some LEDs left from map lights upgrade and tried those to side marker but the LEDs were too long.

Please let me know if you have replaced them to LEDs and which model is good for these without any error code/ too long for the housings.

Thank you very much~!!!!

Best Regards,
Jung

Old 02-26-2019, 08:15 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
You are probably well served to get a matching set of clear or smoked (with LED bulb) from Rich at Redpants.lol.

Personally I picked up the E-bay replacements (prior to Rich having an option), and have been very happy. They are clear lens with a row of small white LEDs.. Which once installed matches the white LEDs in the headlights quite well. Ebay front marker lights are $149 a pair. No error codes, work fine.

If I had a do over however, as noted, I'd probably try for a 3way matching set from Rich. (Front/side/rear)

Its not a 2min install... suggest doing the fronts when you change out the airfilters... you will have better access. Rears I haven't tried yet... still OEM.

Last edited by RolexDaytona1; 02-26-2019 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by RolexDaytona1
You are probably well served to get a matching set of clear or smoked (with LED bulb) from Rich at Redpants.lol.

Personally I picked up the E-bay replacements (prior to Rich having an option), and have been very happy. They are clear lens with a row of small white LEDs.. Which once installed matches the white LEDs in the headlights quite well. Ebay front marker lights are $149 a pair. No error codes, work fine.

If I had a do over however, as noted, I'd probably try for a 3way matching set from Rich. (Front/side/rear)

Its not a 2min install... suggest doing the fronts when you change out the airfilters... you will have better access. Rears I haven't tried yet... still OEM.
Thank you for your answer!

I didn't know Rich's set has LEDs included. I thought they are bulbs. I will double check!

I have already changed my airfilters a few weeks ago it was not 2min job at all. Took a while for me but it seems like I have to do the same process once again. Undershield off and wheel liners off and airbox off.

Hope the rear one is easier than the front~! Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jung

Old 02-26-2019, 03:16 PM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Good point.. ask Rich for LED bulb... I was thinking you mainly wanted to change the overall look. Which he has the clear/smoke lens kits for. Not sure what bulbs he has.

Old 02-26-2019, 04:19 PM
Liilpa09 is on a distinguished road
I have the new markers from Redpants they just arrived the other day. Haven’t installed yet but when I glanced quickly in package looked like they were standard bulbs not led

Old 02-26-2019, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Liilpa09
I have the new markers from Redpants they just arrived the other day. Haven’t installed yet but when I glanced quickly in package looked like they were standard bulbs not led
That is really good to know. I just ordered LEDs (Short ones) from amazon.com. Hope they fit and doesn't create any error codes. Thank you very much for your information.

Best Regards,
Jung

Old 02-27-2019, 07:17 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by anasu98
That is really good to know. I just ordered LEDs (Short ones) from amazon.com. Hope they fit and doesn't create any error codes. Thank you very much for your information.

Best Regards,
Jung
FWIW I changed the front and repeater bulbs to LED... clear bulbs with Amber light... works and looks great, no codes the repeater looks totally white and then flashes Amber. No Amber look to the light when not on

Old 02-27-2019, 10:21 AM
skywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the rough
I will say that removing the front and rear bumper markers did not create any error codes/issues on my '07. Mine are completely gone as I changed to euro bumpers, including the proper sub-harnesses. I am not sure on the side markers as they are part of the turn signal circuit and all countries have them.

Old 03-05-2019, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by MRCW
FWIW I changed the front and repeater bulbs to LED... clear bulbs with Amber light... works and looks great, no codes the repeater looks totally white and then flashes Amber. No Amber look to the light when not on
I have put LEDs for front/side markers. Front ones work fine but a side marker(driver side only) has intermittent flash even when the signal light is off. I tried 2 different LEDs but the same problem occurred.
What brand's leds have you used? could you send me a link?
If I have to put registor, has anyone done it before? if so, how did you do that?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Jung

Old 03-07-2019, 07:08 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by anasu98
I have put LEDs for front/side markers. Front ones work fine but a side marker(driver side only) has intermittent flash even when the signal light is off. I tried 2 different LEDs but the same problem occurred.
What brand's leds have you used? could you send me a link?
If I have to put registor, has anyone done it before? if so, how did you do that?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Jung
bought some "code free" LEDs several years ago that I used in my Porsche and just transferred them over... all over Amazon for a few bucks... nothing special