Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Trunk not opening 2014 Vanquish

Old 03-17-2019, 06:44 AM
mendolia is an unknown quantity at this point
Trunk not opening 2014 Vanquish

Despite pressing nipple on trunk, using glass key and trunk release button on inside driver door panel the trunk will not open...with each maneuver a clicking sound can be heard which to me implies the actuator is functioning....door locks and glove release box work fine...dash indicator shows 'trunk lid open'...spoke to service managers at 2 locations, both unable to add any additional suggestions...no access to trunk from interior...any suggestions????

Old 03-17-2019, 09:32 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Push it down firmly, by hand, then try again.

Old 03-18-2019, 05:05 AM
Unfortunately the same result after numerous attempts

Old 03-18-2019, 10:47 AM
embdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to all
Originally Posted by mendolia View Post
Despite pressing nipple on trunk, using glass key and trunk release button on inside driver door panel the trunk will not open...with each maneuver a clicking sound can be heard which to me implies the actuator is functioning....door locks and glove release box work fine...dash indicator shows 'trunk lid open'...spoke to service managers at 2 locations, both unable to add any additional suggestions...no access to trunk from interior...any suggestions????
Not familiar with the Vanquish, is the trunk completely closed off from the cabin? If you can get to the trunk via the rear cabin by removing the rear seats, then
you should have an emergency manual release method accessible within the trunk.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:28 PM
no access from cabin

Old 03-18-2019, 04:49 PM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Jeez, there's no key hole or anything? There's gotta be something...

Old 03-18-2019, 08:26 PM
docroc is an unknown quantity at this point
I bet something is stuck in the door jam since the actuator is apparently working. I had that transiently happen on mine and there was something stuck in it. As someone else mentioned, I just pushed on the trunk of my Vanquish and it worked the next time with the driverís side window trunk release though. Your local dealer really said they couldnít help??

Old 03-19-2019, 04:17 AM
thats my thinking as well...dealer said they may have to access the manual release by removing one of the rear lights...trying to avoid this option