Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 07:37 AM
pearsonhaus will become famous soon enough
Congrats! Beautiful car, enjoy safely.

Old 04-02-2019, 10:36 AM
3rdpedalrequired is an unknown quantity at this point
Great color. Stunning! Congrats.

Old 04-02-2019, 12:39 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by astonChap
She’s a beaut Ksa! Congrats

MRCW - you see this? https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2012-mercedes-benz-e63-amg-wagon-15 tasty
That is nice but looking for a 2014 or newer, likely not one with a tune

Old 04-02-2019, 07:10 PM
astonChap will become famous soon enough
mrcw - 801 lb-ft of torque is quite the number for a wagon admittedly

Old 04-03-2019, 06:45 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
mrcw - 801 lb-ft of torque is quite the number for a wagon admittedly
Absolutely... that car did not sell at about $43k. While a tune can head lots of horsepower, it can also mean a car was driven hard.

It's going to be the ultimate grocery getter and "vacation to the mountain house" cruiser for the family.

I have a BMW that I track occasionally with a JB4 tune

Old 04-03-2019, 08:41 PM
Ksa
Ksa is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Redpants
Redpants is a website I started officially 3.5 years ago, but have been in the Aston scene for a decade. If you see anything by Redpants, Telum01, or Rich/Richard Seidlitz, that's me. My mission statement is to make Aston Martin ownership reasonable.
There are some amazing resources aside from Redpants out there for Aston owners like Stuart/VelocityAP, various indie website owners, a few really good Facebook groups, and obviously this forum.
That is absolutely great! Thank you for all your effort and time in making it such a great community and creating such great resources for us AM owners.

Originally Posted by Hedged
Congratulations on your Vantage Ksa....fantastic color too. Looks like you have DB9 wheels.
Thank you very much! Didn't realize they were DB9 rims. I really like them on the car with the gunmetal colour and blue of the car.

She’s a beaut Ksa! Congrats

MRCW - you see this? https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2012-mercedes-benz-e63-amg-wagon-15 tasty
Thank you very much!

Originally Posted by pearsonhaus
Congrats! Beautiful car, enjoy safely.
Thank you very much! Getting acclimated to it for now so taking it easy in the 'comfort' mode. But for some reason, in this I don't feel the need to WOT like I did with my other cars. Just want to roll slow and be noticed, Haha.

Originally Posted by 3rdpedalrequired
Great color. Stunning! Congrats.
Thank you very much!

For anyone who knows, what is a good place to order touch up paint pen from? Also, is there a site I can input the VIN of the car to get the paint colour name and code exactly?

Thanks!

Last edited by Ksa; 04-03-2019 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:07 AM
I ordered from https://touchupdirect.com/ and was happy with what i got 👍

Old 04-04-2019, 04:09 PM
Ksa
^Thank you! I did see the site in my search. But they don’t have 2008 Aston Martin as an option at all when I look at it. The only years come up are 2014 onwards. Am I missing something?

I am getting some 3M work done today on the rocker panels, A pillars and roof as those were the only areas it didn’t have any 3M on.

On a side note, I know phone Bluetooth is an option according to the manual, however, I think my car does have that as I do see the ‘phone’ buttons in my car. However, I tried following the instructions on the manual to add my phone but nothing seems to be working. I am attaching the instructions that I am trying to follow for adding a new device but when I press the PHONE button it just pauses my music and when I press ENTER after that it goes into my music library menu. Thoughts? Maybe I just don’t have the Bluetooth? But then why would I have the phone buttons there? Thanks for guidance you may be able to provide gents.

Old 04-04-2019, 05:32 PM
I would call your Aston dealer to get your build sheet. It will list all the options, colors, etc.

Old 04-05-2019, 05:04 AM
hm, interesting. I just tried with 2014 and it lists the colour of my build - were you able to see if it listed your colour under another year perhaps?

Old 04-05-2019, 08:26 AM
JPS-ATL is on a distinguished road
For Bluetooth phone, have you checked that you have the Bluetooth symbol right in front of the gear shift? It was an option so if you don't have Nav there's a good chance you don't have it.

I recently bought a 2007 and used the Voice Command to set it up with code 1234. Worked seamlessly for me.

Old 04-05-2019, 08:30 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
You could always look under the drivers side of the dash, directly above the hood release there should be a rectangle black box with a white label on it with various numbers. look for 2 orange cables that attach to it. Those are the fiber optics for the audio system. No box, no Bluetooth.

Old 04-05-2019, 11:18 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
2008 MY on should look like this. Unit actually has FoMoCo stamped in the case.

Old 04-05-2019, 01:45 PM
Ksa
Okay thanks guys a ton. I must not have bluetooth that means. Kind of seems counterintuitive to put the phone symbols and buttons everywhere and not give the bluetooth phone option but whatever. Haha. I don't have a manual but I don't see any bluetooth symbol on the console or bottom of the car as per that diagram above.

Still haven't figured out what my paint is called and what the colour code is but I will keep digging I guess.

Third, I came across something called FUSE 22 which makes the car sound awesome and I looked at that option and seems easy enough to do. When I look in the truck at the fuse box though the very last fuse that the videos mention to remove called Fuse 22 is actually marked 20 in my case? I thought it was in fact 22 should be the mark in my case but that does not appear to be the case. So do I still remove to that to get the exhaust note or for some reason it's a different one? The videos I watched say to remove the last fuse at the very end towards the back of the car but in my case it is labeled 20 and not 22. See pic below please.

Last edited by Ksa; 04-05-2019 at 01:47 PM.
Old 04-05-2019, 04:42 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Fuse 22 is the 20A fuse in the bottom right corner of your picture. If you look closely you can see the numbering on the black plastic right in front of each fuse.

You can get your paint code by taking off the slam panel under the hood. That's the one with the inspection plaque on it and a zillion bolts. The paint code is on the cross-member underneath.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2008 Aston Martin Vantage