Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2008 Aston Martin Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 06:43 PM
Ksa
Ksa is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you guys so I took out the Fuse 22 and omg...what an amazing difference that makes. I hadn't really been driving the car fast so I never go to hear the sound with the flaps open and now with that fuse removed, it sounds awesome even at lower speeds etc. It randomly even popped and crackled and first time I thought I hit a big rock or something lol! What an awesome and easy mod to do! I wish all the mods were like that, including the catch can one so technical idiots like myself could do it easily. Haha.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:33 AM
boxercupdave has a spectacular aura aboutboxercupdave has a spectacular aura about
I put a switch on fuse 22 in my car. No need to drive fast to hear the sound just let the motor rev like it wants to and the flaps will open.

Old 04-10-2019, 09:10 PM
Ksa
I am not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying that there is a mod where you can have a remote that turns the flaps on and off? Some sort of a switch that you put in instead of removing the fuse 22? Please elaborate.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:15 AM
JPS-ATL is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ksa
I am not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying that there is a mod where you can have a remote that turns the flaps on and off? Some sort of a switch that you put in instead of removing the fuse 22? Please elaborate.
Yes. I got mine from https://www.cccharger.co.uk/ but there may be other options out there. Easy to install and gives you the flexibility to decide while you're driving whether Fuse 22 is in or out.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:42 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JPS-ATL
Yes. I got mine from https://www.cccharger.co.uk/ but there may be other options out there. Easy to install and gives you the flexibility to decide while you're driving whether Fuse 22 is in or out.
I have the same and it's highly recommended. Much better solution than just pulling the fuse. You want the valve to keep operating so it does not freeze. Dealer said they've seen errors due the fuse being out all the time.

Old 04-11-2019, 08:56 AM
Ksa
Oh thank you guys I didn't realize it could actually harm the car. I definitely don't; want to do that.

Is this the one I order then specifically?

https://www.cccharger.co.uk/product-...tages-model-s4

How hard/easy is it to install? Are there instructions anywhere that I can review before ordering to see if it's something I will even be able to install myself?

Also, I see the reverse start up option available where it is always loud unless you quieten it. So, if I go with that and never actually use the button to quieten it and always leave it open, isn't that the same effect as just removing the fuse 22? If I go with the reverse option, I doubt I will ever use the button to actually make it quieter. lol.

Last edited by Ksa; 04-11-2019 at 08:58 AM.