Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Has anyone replaced the roadster subwoofer?

Old 05-15-2019, 09:58 AM
PaperBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone replaced the roadster subwoofer?

....just wondering about upgrades. it looks like the trunk is sealed from the passenger compartment, so adding a small sub isnt possible

Old 05-15-2019, 10:16 AM
J doubleU is just really niceJ doubleU is just really niceJ doubleU is just really niceJ doubleU is just really niceJ doubleU is just really nice
You already have one behind the drivers seat. You could have someone install a port thru the rear bulkhead and add one in the trunk if you want more. I would leave it be and enjoy it the way it is. Very limited trunk space as is.

Old 05-15-2019, 03:45 PM
I know theres one behind the drivers seat. not interested in leaving it as-is...im a bit of an audiophile. The entire system will be updated soon

Old 05-16-2019, 08:34 AM
RejeX is an unknown quantity at this point
I upgraded mine with a Fosgate 10" as en experiment. Overall much improved, but it can get a little thumpy at times. When I get around to it, I'm going to swap that sub out to something a little more musical with a little more range like JL Audio 10". I did some research on this, and made a selection, but I can't remember the model number offhand. Definitely worth doing IMHO.

If anyone is interested, I will take some photos when I get back in town later this month.

Old 05-16-2019, 10:20 AM
MRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by RejeX View Post
I upgraded mine with a Fosgate 10" as en experiment. Overall much improved, but it can get a little thumpy at times. When I get around to it, I'm going to swap that sub out to something a little more musical with a little more range like JL Audio 10". I did some research on this, and made a selection, but I can't remember the model number offhand. Definitely worth doing IMHO.

If anyone is interested, I will take some photos when I get back in town later this month.
I didn't realize until recently on my 2009 Vantage with premium sound each source had its own audio settings... that solved a similar problem I had with a thumpy sub.

Old 05-16-2019, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by RejeX View Post

Awesome! Would love to see pictures with any additional info u can offer