Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin Warranty Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 06:12 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
That's what I did yesterday - Aston would not cover it under warranty, so I had to pay for it and get reimbursed by Ogara which they are sending a check - Aston Martin should have covered it and not inconvenienced the owner to have to deal with it, it was not a lot of money, just the absurd piddly way they treat a customer of a $145,000 car ($160K with shipping, taxes, ceramic, full front clip, etc.). Hyundai, Kia, etc. certainly would not have a customer treated this way - again, shame on Aston Martin - in particular the regional rep who was the decision maker in this matter.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:13 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Completely agree with you as it was there mistake to never programmed those keys, well at least you have it all sorted now.

Old 05-21-2019, 09:08 AM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Here's my suspicion. O'Gara misplaced the original two crystal keys. Ordered them new. Forgot to program. AM has a record of the order. Hence refuse to cover the fee.

Though as a gesture of goodwill, AM and Morrie's should have sorted this out without having you to deal with the details.

Old 05-21-2019, 09:12 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
That's one way to upset a loyal, repeating Aston Martin customer.

I'm sorry you had to deal with that and I agree, that decision by the regional rep messed up.

Old 05-21-2019, 09:18 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Glad to hear it is finally fixed, albeit with unnecessary hassle to you.

Stories like this never cease to amaze. It's not like you have never bought an Aston before LOL.

Old 05-21-2019, 11:03 AM
pearsonhaus will become famous soon enough
Really Aston Martin, really?? Or perhaps it was Illya's poor judgement. That kind of customer care doesn't belong with a premium marque. It may be in Aston's best interest if you wrote them telling them of your experience.

Happy it's resolved!

Old 05-21-2019, 03:07 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I'm already in communication with Terence Jenkins and have voiced my concerns, so not sure what else there is. Anyway Ogara is sending a check to cover the programming. Perhaps when a tail light goes out as it eventually will, Aston will have me pay for the part and then go after the manufacturer for reimbursement - what a pity they have come to this level.

Old 05-21-2019, 05:50 PM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you sure you know how to use the key correctly?

lol just kidding. Definitely stinks.

Old 05-21-2019, 08:14 PM
gr8car is an unknown quantity at this point
160 miles to a bad clutch

Originally Posted by Prefurbia
I assume they did a real inspection, because they found the clutch to be bad and replaced it.
Do I understand correctly, not only were you disrespected as a multi AM owner but somehow a clutch goes out at 160 miles (albeit before you took possession) ...who missed that at the factory inspection?

Old 05-22-2019, 06:24 AM
I think there was some problem with the V12S clutch, was not the first time I heard of a fresh car with a bad clutch - I'm actually glad they discovered it for two reasons - I did not have to deal with it, and since they caught it at the dealer during a 'timeless certified' inspection it tells me they actually did a real inspection and not just a cursory one that I experienced previously on my first V12S which had at least a dozen problems when delivered and there was no possible way that car was ever inspected by a person with sight, yet every box was checked. Among things I remember - both headlights were not fully functional (one was black, the other chrome), the nav inoperative, the toggle for the nav, radio, etc was not working, two large cracks in the piano black, no stickers on the vehicle, not even a manufacturers plate, a pitted windshield appearing as if driven behind a stone truck that leaked, a passenger airbag warning. Needless to say I demanded and got a different V12S, but it was resold as timeless certified with most of the issues unresolved. So when I heard Ogara actually did a real timeless certified inspection and found a defective clutch I was elated!

Old 05-25-2019, 12:25 PM
Argus will become famous soon enough
Seems to me section D2 should cover the key programming.