Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Considering buying a 2010 Vantage. A few questions and thoughts.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 06:06 PM
dsvantage is on a distinguished road
Just to offer a different perspective:

I personally wouldn't add any power to my manual 2009 V8V. I don't think the suspension can really keep up with it. With the stock Potenzas I had a lot of trouble keeping the wheels down (traction control light would come on sometimes on windy highways!). With the PSC tires the ride is better, quieter, and more planted but still not extremely grippy. I love the car but it's not a track machine like a McLaren and usually when you upgrade one thing you hit the limits of the next thing. So I just enjoy it as a luxury sports car and keep it stock.

Old 07-01-2019, 10:46 PM
royis is on a distinguished road
Hi I actually have a velocity AP racing full exhaust for sale. less than 2000 miles in great condition. its more louder and high pitch compare to the oem one. here is the link below for the exhaust. also come with tuning device. I was about to post it for sale here on the forum and then I came across your post. I have pictures of the every part and its very clean. watch the video of my car before I took it off. link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTaC...ature=youtu.be

http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-Mart...8ppexhaust.htm

Old 07-02-2019, 08:29 AM
Yorick is on a distinguished road
Bought a 2009 V8V with a manual transmission in 2013. It's now got 35,000 miles on it. The only problem: a dead battery in one of the tire pressure sensors! Best modification I've done: Installed Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires, immense improvement over the stock Bridgestone Potenza 050A tires. Seems some British cars are shedding the reputation for terrible reliability problems which they have had for several decades.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:52 AM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by royis
Hi I actually have a velocity AP racing full exhaust for sale. less than 2000 miles in great condition. its more louder and high pitch compare to the oem one. here is the link below for the exhaust. also come with tuning device. I was about to post it for sale here on the forum and then I came across your post. I have pictures of the every part and its very clean. watch the video of my car before I took it off. link below.

Which muffler do you have? I may be interested. PM me with details & price.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:18 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
FWIW I've been a manual transmission guy since I learned "3 on the tree" many years ago.

All my performance cars have been manuals until a recent BMW X1 with automatic that my daughter an I track and my 2009 vantage v8 with ASM.

I have found that for 95% of the driving I do in the Aston, the ASM is far better and more fun driving experience.

Can I get the last 5% out of the car...? Can I heel and toe...? No but so what...

With a new clutch, my 10 year old Aston drives like a new one, easy weekend ana evening driver or even a daily driver if need be...

If you are really a track junkie and your Aston is your only car, the manual is likely a must... but for me, I enjoy the ASM.

Old 07-02-2019, 11:52 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I much prefer an ASM - My first Vantage had a 6-speed, tons of fun, very nice. Then I got a great deal on a 2009 with a SportShift and immediately got the documentation on how to drive it properly - NEVER press (D) and you'll love the car - press (D) which stands for Disaster, not Drive and you'll hate the car. You 'manually shift' with the paddles and it's fun and rewarding and quite involving because it's the same manual transmission, but the clutch is 'automated' (sort of). Since then, I've only wanted the ASM and find 'Automatics' boring. I think if Aston came out with the ASM and deleted the D button at the get go, it would have been more successful.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:42 PM
Ozzir is on a distinguished road
I should have updated this thread. I did end up buying the car. Its now sitting in my shop. Ive only driven it a few times and it wont get driven much but its been fun when Ive had it out.. I am going to do the exhaust on it and start with a set of cat deletes and the stock exhaust. Ill see how I like that sound. Its WAY too quiet for me even with fuse 22 pulled but I like loud. LOL. I love the manual. I have egear in my G and don't like it at all. I find it boring but I'm old school. Thanks for all the advice.

Old 07-02-2019, 05:43 PM
royis is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ozzir
I should have updated this thread. I did end up buying the car. Its now sitting in my shop. Ive only driven it a few times and it wont get driven much but its been fun when Ive had it out.. I am going to do the exhaust on it and start with a set of cat deletes and the stock exhaust. Ill see how I like that sound. Its WAY too quiet for me even with fuse 22 pulled but I like loud. LOL. I love the manual. I have egear in my G and don't like it at all. I find it boring but I'm old school. Thanks for all the advice.
I actually have a velocity AP racing full exhaust for sale. less than 2000 miles in great condition. its more louder and high pitch compare to the oem one. here is the link below for the exhaust. also come with tuning device. I was about to post it for sale here on the forum and then I came across your post. I have pictures of the every part and its very clean. watch the video of my car before I took it off. link below.