Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Love you guys...need some love back PLEASE

Old 06-29-2019, 01:55 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Since you have no engine codes, and it cranks you should have everything to run, I would definitely remove the fuel supply line @ the RH side of the rail (quick connect) fitting and make sure you have fuel. With 80k and sitting for who knows how long, chance the pump has crapped out?

Old 06-29-2019, 04:48 PM
BMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by hsm precision
Looking at your first post again, I'm wondering if you have a wire disconnected or damaged? There are several CAN bus errors, and I think if the CEM can't talk to the engine ECU, the car won't be allowed to start. The majority of the errors point towards open circuits.

It would help make a list of everything in the car that works, and what doesn't to help tie in where the break might be (lights, horn, wipers, fuel flap button, door open indication)

Do you have any history of the car (accident maybe?) Odd that it would stop running though. Stupid question, but is there enough gas?

This ^ If your not communicating on CAN low or high then your fuel pump will get nothing via CEM. I had a similar CAN error on my CEM and got the engine started by jumpering the fuel pump relay at the CEM. I'll see if I can dig out any details I might have noted.

Edit: Added Picture

Aston Martin Vantage V8 - Fuel Pump Relay

Last edited by BMW-North; 06-29-2019 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-30-2019, 05:37 AM
PIBillock is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by BMW-North
This ^ If your not communicating on CAN low or high then your fuel pump will get nothing via CEM. I had a similar CAN error on my CEM and got the engine started by jumpering the fuel pump relay at the CEM. I'll see if I can dig out any details I might have noted.

Edit: Added Picture

Aston Martin Vantage V8 - Fuel Pump Relay
I see you have two pointed out here. I did replace the one that you have circled.

Old 06-30-2019, 06:05 AM
Okay, so I checked to see what was working and what was not. As far as I can tell, the only thing that is not working would be the tach and the dash communication screen (see pics).

I keep getting that P1000 code, (see pics)

The tach is stuck here, I have never seen it move yet.

This is the code I get from the ECM OBD. It will not allow me to clear it.

Old 06-30-2019, 07:45 AM
BMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant future
I wasn’t talking about replacing the fuel pump relay but jumpering it by bridging two of the pins to get power to the fuel pump.

Old 06-30-2019, 07:49 AM
Originally Posted by BMW-North
I wasn’t talking about replacing the fuel pump relay but jumpering it by bridging two of the pins to get power to the fuel pump.
Oh I know, but I had replaced already. It looked like someone had pulled it apart and was not very gentle with it, so I thought I would just replace it. I believe I saw someone, possibly you, take a piece of wire and jump it and it worked. I believe I saw it on here or somewhere like here.

QUESTION: Even if the relay is good, all the fuses are good, could there still be something that could or would not open the relay?

Old 06-30-2019, 08:02 AM
Yes. As I said if the CEM doesn’t send a signal even with a good relay and fuse the pump won’t get power. You can bypass this by jumping two of the terminals using a short wire and two spade connectors.

Old 05-04-2022, 07:03 PM
Kamrooz Karimi is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello !

just wondering did you find out what was the problem for the all odd code ?!

many update please ?

I have same code but car run and drive perfectly
Until two day ago I got fuel system check warning on dash
After research I found some other have a same problem and they replace the fuel pressure sensor
-
Brand new battery

but I'm not able clear the code ,

any idea

Last edited by Kamrooz Karimi; 05-19-2022 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-04-2022, 09:04 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
3 year old thread…don’t be surprised if you get crickets

Old 05-04-2022, 09:52 PM
Kamrooz Karimi is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
3 year old thread…don’t be surprised if you get crickets
Just Big Hope !