Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Love you guys...need some love back PLEASE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 10:44 PM
PIBillock is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Love you guys...need some love back PLEASE

I have always been an American Muscle Car guy. Built them, restored them, modified them, raced them in 9:20 class etc. However, I have always wanted what I would consider an, “EXOTIC”. I believe that the Aston Martin is just that. I ran across an auction and got what I believe was a good deal on a 2007 Manual V8 Vantage. When I bid on it and won, they stated that it ran. When the trucker dropped it in front of my house, he said it ran. He said he pulled it on his hauler. I have not yet heard it run.
He stated that it started up with a charge but there was some serious noise in the engine. Well, knowing that these things have starvation issues with their dry sump systems, that scared me a little. However, not scared enough to run from it.

So, I tried to jump and charge the battery that was there…nothing. I went and bought a rather expensive battery for it and it cranks and cranks, wont start. I decided that I would buy a decent computer as my older scanner just was not cut out for it. I bought a brand-new code scanner, a rather nice one.
What I would like to do is drop the report here and see if there is anything that you, the obviously knowledgeable and intelligent folks that have helped so many on here, might be able to see a common thread among the ball of yarn I have acquired.

I would love and appreciate any and all information that you would offer on my behalf. Just PLEASE, don’t tell me to crush it, I just cannot do that. It is a rather nice car.

THE REPORT:

Vehicle Information
Year: 2007
Make: ASTONMARTIN
Model: V8 Vantage
VIN: XXXXXXXXXXXX05553
ODO: 80979 miles
Vehicle Software Version: V10.40
Diagnostic Application Version: V5.00.027
Diagnostic path: Automatically Search > Health Reports
Test Time: 2019-06-27 18:22:22
Tester: XXX
Customer Name: XXX

Inspection Result

CEM-HS (Central Electronic Module (High Speed CAN)) 4 problems exist
1.3A00 Redundant Code - Please Ignore
2.DE49 Redundant DTC - Please Ignore
3.DF11 High Speed CAN - High Side Open Circuit.
4.6C44 Redundant DTC - Please Ignore

CEM-LS (Central Electronic Module (Low Speed CAN)) 10 problems exist
1.6C28 Redundant DTC - Please Ignore
2.6C06 Central Locking Passenger's Door Failure.
3.6C07 Central Locking System Failure.
4.6C08 Central Locking System Failure.
5.6C14 Redundant DTC - Please Ignore
6.6C15 Redundant DTC - Please Ignore
7.6C16 Redundant DTC - Please Ignore
8.6C05 Central Locking Driver's Door Failure.
9.6C13 Redundant DTC - Please Ignore
10.DF01 Low Speed CAN - High Side Open Circuit.

DIM (Driver Information Module) 1 problems exist
1.E003 Network Identification Error.

ICM (Infotainment Control Module) 3 problems exist
1.DC02 MOST Network Not Locked.
2.DC01 Ring Break Detected.
3.1A58 Global Positioning System Module Node - Not Alive.

AFM (AM/FM Tuner Module) 1 problems exist
1.0001 Redundant DTC - Please Ignore

AUD5 (Audio Amplifier Module) 7 problems exist
1.0001 Internal Error In The AUD. DSP Communication Error
2.0002 Open Circuit On LF Speaker Output
3.001C Open Circuit On C Speaker
4.0003 Open Circuit On RF Speaker Output
5.0004 Open Circuit On LR Speaker Output
6.0005 Open Circuit On RR Speaker Output
7.001D High Temp On MOST FOT

SUB5 (Sub Woofer Amplifier) 3 problems exist
1.0001 Internal Error In The SUB DSP Communication Error.
2.0002 Open Circuit On Speaker Output Coil1.
3.001D High Temp On MOST FET

PAM (Parking Aid Module) 1 problems exist
1.C1744 Front Sounder Circuit Failure, Short To Ground Or Open Circuit Detected When Speaker Off

HLM (Headlamp Levelling Module) 1 problems exist
1.B1318 Battery Voltage Low

BCM (Brake Control Module) 4 problems exist
1.0115 Steering Angle Sensor CAN Timeout.
2.0100 Engine Control Module CAN Signals Missing.
3.0058 Brake Control Module - Over Voltage.
4.0057 Brake Control Module - Low Voltage.

The following systems are OK:
1.RCM (Restraints Control Module)
2.MMM (Multi-Media Module)
3.GPS (Global Positioning System)
4.MP1 (Media Player Module)
5.SAS (Steering Angle Sensor)

Again, I would appreciate any and all help!!

Old 06-28-2019, 12:11 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Since it doesn't start, why is there no engine management codes? Have you tried clearing all the codes as there were numerous faults from low battery and jumping it to try to start. Do you have remote key fob for it? Have you tried lick and unlock with everything closed?

Old 06-28-2019, 12:20 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
curious - what did it cost you?

Old 06-28-2019, 01:14 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
If all else fails...

Old 06-28-2019, 03:50 PM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
Engine ECU might be on the other OBD port - you should see something from the engine though.
I'll look when I get home, but does the car have an inertia switch? Maybe the truck hit a few good bumps and tripped it.

Matt

Old 06-28-2019, 03:56 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Need to connect the scanner to the other OBD port. These cars have 2, right next to each other. 1 port is for the powertrain modules and 1 port is for the body modules. Looks like you read out the body modules.

Old 06-29-2019, 03:01 AM
I am unsure why there is no EMC's. I had tried to clear the codes and it keeps coming back with the same response. Frustrating for sure. I do have ONE fob. I have tried to lock and unlock with everything closed as I have read on here that is a thing. However, it has not proven to help. Is there any code in there that would stick out to you that would be, lets say, an initial problem that would bring the rest of them up?

I know I do not have the battery reset button that I have seen a lot of talk about. So, in saying this, I imagine that this is an auto reset with the locking and unlocking you are referring to.

Old 06-29-2019, 03:02 AM
I got it from an auction for 14k. I will eventually post some pics here as well.

Old 06-29-2019, 03:05 AM
I did not think about the inertia switch. However, if it were an inertia switch, what else would not be working? Would everything work except for starting? I know my tach also seems to be stuck or not returning to 00RPM. What is the typical position for the enertia switch?

Old 06-29-2019, 03:06 AM
Oh man, you know what, I did, but did not post those. I will do that as well. Sorry and thank you for pointing that out. Stay tuned.

Old 06-29-2019, 03:21 AM
Ha, you know, it had already crossed the mind; since I come from that school. I would like to see if I can get it going how it is, but it is to completely out of question.

Old 06-29-2019, 11:04 AM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Jeff_335i
Need to connect the scanner to the other OBD port. These cars have 2, right next to each other. 1 port is for the powertrain modules and 1 port is for the body modules. Looks like you read out the body modules.
This is what cmoes out of the other OBD:

EMS (Engine Management Module) 1 problems exist
1.P1000 System Check Not Completed Since Last Memory Clear

Old 06-29-2019, 11:05 AM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by hsm precision
Engine ECU might be on the other OBD port - you should see something from the engine though.
I'll look when I get home, but does the car have an inertia switch? Maybe the truck hit a few good bumps and tripped it.

Matt
This is what comes out of the other OBD:

EMS (Engine Management Module) 1 problems exist
1.P1000 System Check Not Completed Since Last Memory Clear

Old 06-29-2019, 11:57 AM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
Looking at your first post again, I'm wondering if you have a wire disconnected or damaged? There are several CAN bus errors, and I think if the CEM can't talk to the engine ECU, the car won't be allowed to start. The majority of the errors point towards open circuits.

It would help make a list of everything in the car that works, and what doesn't to help tie in where the break might be (lights, horn, wipers, fuel flap button, door open indication)

Do you have any history of the car (accident maybe?) Odd that it would stop running though. Stupid question, but is there enough gas?

Old 06-29-2019, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by hsm precision
Looking at your first post again, I'm wondering if you have a wire disconnected or damaged? There are several CAN bus errors, and I think if the CEM can't talk to the engine ECU, the car won't be allowed to start. The majority of the errors point towards open circuits.

It would help make a list of everything in the car that works, and what doesn't to help tie in where the break might be (lights, horn, wipers, fuel flap button, door open indication)

Do you have any history of the car (accident maybe?) Odd that it would stop running though. Stupid question, but is there enough gas?
~Not stupid at all. But yes, I did put more in it just to make sure.

~As far as the accident question, it had a very light front end tap. There is a tiny crack in the front drivers fender and one of the bars in the grill was bent.

~I will make a list of all that works and what doesnt. I will post that later. That is actually a good idea. Do you happen to know that if there was a tripped inertia switch, if that could be the culprit? Perhaps shuts down certain circuits such as the fuel module and pump. I will also double back on ALL the fuses as well.

Thanks and I will post later.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Love you guys...need some love back PLEASE