Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

"Urgent Service required"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 02:32 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Nothing special, that's how OBD II came about. Everyone is on the same field.

Old 07-03-2020, 03:41 PM
AM4884 will become famous soon enoughAM4884 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Zepe
Hey Thx. I have several by the house but wasn't sure if a generic reader would work to reset Mil light.
It will read and reset the obd-2 codes.

Old 07-07-2020, 05:21 PM
Zepe is on a distinguished road
So got an OBD reader and filled it up with 100 octane, proceeded to put about 40 miles of "spirited" driving and so far no codes. Thanks everyone for your input, hopefully this takes care of it.

Old 07-09-2020, 05:39 PM
I_gotta_Vantage will become famous soon enough
Yea, AM’s are sensitive to the octane level... I drop two bottles of the red STP fuel cleaner injector you buy at the gas station and keeps a smooth idle... poor octane gas will always kick the light on in AM cars in the US...

"Urgent Service Required" = add two bottles of fuel injector cleaner... you dont need to add more gas... light goes out in 10 miles on less..

I think folks underestimate how large the surface of the piston head x v8,12 and a 7 speed stick which combined with low octane = rough idle = "Urgent Service Required"

Old 07-09-2020, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by I_gotta_Vantage
Yea, AM’s are sensitive to the octane level... I drop two bottles of the red STP fuel cleaner injector you buy at the gas station and keeps a smooth idle... poor octane gas will always kick the light on in AM cars in the US...

"Urgent Service Required" = add two bottles of fuel injector cleaner... you dont need to add more gas... light goes out in 10 miles on less..

I think folks underestimate how large the surface of the piston head x v8,12 and a 7 speed stick which combined with low octane = rough idle = "Urgent Service Required"
So fuel injector cleaner and not octane booster? I'll give it a try.

Old 07-10-2020, 09:43 AM
AstonCarma is an unknown quantity at this point

Growing up I was told there was no longer a need for fuel injector cleaning, since as of some year, long ago, gas stations started putting cleaners into their gas to prevent any buildup. Is that inaccurate information?

Also, are you recommending to do this on every tank?

Old 07-10-2020, 11:03 AM
I_gotta_Vantage will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by AstonCarma
Growing up I was told there was no longer a need for fuel injector cleaning, since as of some year, long ago, gas stations started putting cleaners into their gas to prevent any buildup. Is that inaccurate information?

Also, are you recommending to do this on every tank?
As long as there are injectors in an engine you can use injector cleaner. I dont trust the cleaner in the gas to do the job.... Octane boost is 99% the same ingredient as injector cleaner. I add two bottles of the STP about every 500-1,000 miles... tank full or not...

I promise increased performance and smooth idle...

Old 07-10-2020, 12:21 PM
AstonCarma is an unknown quantity at this point
As long as there are injectors in an engine you can use injector cleaner. I dont trust the cleaner in the gas to do the job.... Octane boost is 99% the same ingredient as injector cleaner. I add two bottles of the STP about every 500-1,000 miles... tank full or not...

Got it. Thanks for sharing your experience as we don't have the best gas here. Have you bothered to check what code gets thrown when your MIL light shows? I would assume if octane levels are the issue that it would be a misfire code as the result.

Old 07-10-2020, 01:20 PM

Hey thx, I was unaware octane boost and injector cleaner were basically the same. I'll definitely give it a shot. Interestingly my light came on when I hadn't had time to mix some race gas in and tank was 100% 91 octane