Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Foxwell NT510 erase clutch statistics and misfire?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 02:48 PM
Patrick Fitzhorn is on a distinguished road
Foxwell NT510 erase clutch statistics and misfire?

2008 Aston Martin V8 Vantage with ASM (Sportshift)

Is the Foxwell NT510 with AM codes able to (1) erase clutch statistics, (2) erase misfire correction factors, and (3) bleed the hydraulic clutch bearing? These are the only OBD2 factors that I can find relative to replacing the stock clutch/flywheel with a Velocity AP twin-plate clutch and lightened flywheel. If I've missed anything else OBD2 related with clutch replacement I would appreciate hearing about it as well.
Thanks!

Old 03-11-2021, 09:09 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Misfire corrections are erased with a battery disconnect. If you search there is a bleed process posted. Not exactly sure if the foxwell would clear clutch stats. If your car hasn't been to dealer in years, it may be worth it to check and see if software for both engine and transmission is current.

Old 03-15-2021, 07:52 AM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
If you are interested in digging, I can send you my NT510 to try. This is valuable information as to what it can do with an automated clutch car, and mine is manual.

matt

Old 03-15-2021, 10:43 AM
Ashman_E has a spectacular aura aboutAshman_E has a spectacular aura about
I have a NT530 and a 2009 sport shift car, though I haven't looked through the menus to see everything that's available yet. If I can find the time, I'll do that tonight.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:05 PM
Ashman_E has a spectacular aura aboutAshman_E has a spectacular aura about
Ok... Looks like the NT530 does have a functions for "Self Tune", "System Bleed", "Clear ASM KIT Statistics", "Clear Clutch Statistics" and "Clear Transmission Statistics" in the Marelli Transmission Control Module --> Special Functions menu.

I have not tried any of these functions, but perhaps someone else has.

I did not see any function for erasing misfire correction factors.

There is also a set of recorded statistics that would be very interesting if I knew how to interpret them. Things like clutch kiss points and clutch wear indexes. No idea what the numbers mean though.

The functions in the Marelli Transmission Special Functions menu.

Numbers about the clutch kiss points. No idea how to interpret these.

"Clutch wear index" numbers. Again, no idea how to interpret these.

Old 03-20-2021, 08:26 PM
tf2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
My 530 shows clear clutch statistics but will not actually do it. Will bleed but will not activate clutch either. This is on a 2009. Fox well has been unable to fix it

Old 05-10-2021, 11:15 AM
LotusJPS is on a distinguished road
I'm needing to know how to reset the learned misfire correction as well after replacing the clutch to the Velocity dual disc clutch. I have the Foxwell NT530 and can see in the "Live Data" that's the misfire is learned, but having found a way to reset it so that I can do the coast down procedure to relearn it. I've tried disconnecting the battery (over night), though it still shows as "Learned = Y". Any suggestions, or is there another reader that will do this?