Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Clear Tail Light with Carbon Insert Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2021, 07:29 AM
V8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the rough
Clear Tail Light with Carbon Insert Install

Hey Guys,

Back at it with another video. Installing a Clear Tail Light with Black Surround and Carbon Fiber inserts.

I got pulled over for defective tail light and was issued a 30 work order to repair/replace. Seeing as these clusters have to be replaced, I ordered them from ECPS, located in Poland, and Aston Martin Bits in the UK. Due to the Pandemic, overseas shipping, and customs, there was no way I was going to get them in time before the 30 days.

Well, registration was technically canceled and I finally got them to sign off of the new lights today.

Back on the road and I love the new look. Hope this video is helpful, enjoy!

Old 06-25-2021, 09:40 AM
MAUMAU is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks absolutely fantastic Andrew!

I know it was stressful getting the new taillights, but I think the end result was definitely worth it. The clear lights really compliment the Tungsten Silver.

Looking forward to your next upgrade video!

Old 06-26-2021, 08:22 AM
Bankswood is an unknown quantity at this point
Price

Do you mind sharing the cost of the new lights

Old 06-26-2021, 11:07 AM
Price

Old 06-26-2021, 01:24 PM
V8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the roughV8Vdrew is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MAUMAU
Looks absolutely fantastic Andrew!

I know it was stressful getting the new taillights, but I think the end result was definitely worth it. The clear lights really compliment the Tungsten Silver.

Looking forward to your next upgrade video!
Thanks, Rob. Thanks for the tape and silicone idea. The next project that isn't a need will be to upgrade the exhaust manifolds and 200 cell cats with x pipe and tune. Unless something else breaks

Originally Posted by Bankswood
I paid just under 2k for them shipped and they were second-hand like new. They range from 1800 to 3500 a piece from my initial inquiry. Plus I paid right around 2-300 for the carbon inserts.

Old 06-26-2021, 01:50 PM
LuvBurninFuel will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by V8Vdrew
Thanks, Rob. Thanks for the tape and silicone idea. The next project that isn't a need will be to upgrade the exhaust manifolds and 200 cell cats with x pipe and tune. Unless something else breaks
I installed an X pipe. Removed and went with secondary cat deletes. X pipe is a real sound killer. But try it, maybe you may like the sound.

Old 06-26-2021, 01:53 PM
X pipe

Wait, I was going to replace my secondary cats with an X pipe. Are you saying that the straight pipes sound better

Old 06-26-2021, 02:08 PM
Wait, I was going to replace my secondary cats with an X pipe. Are you saying that the straight pipes sound better
In my opinion. The X pipe sounds very smooth. Really howls around 4,000 rpm an above. But below that the car was extremely quiet, even with a Larini back box. Hard to describe, to me it just lacked volume for lack of a better description. I spoke with Larini and Quicksilver and they both said that is why they don't sell and X pipe for the V8 Vantage. But I know people on here like it, so you really need to find out for yourself.

Old 06-26-2021, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by LuvBurninFuel
In my opinion. The X pipe sounds very smooth. Really howls around 4,000 rpm an above. But below that the car was extremely quiet, even with a Larini back box. Hard to describe, to me it just lacked volume for lack of a better description. I spoke with Larini and Quicksilver and they both said that is why they don't sell and X pipe for the V8 Vantage. But I know people on here like it, so you really need to find out for yourself.
Where was your X Pipe from? VAP? Do you still have it and if so willing to sell?

Old 06-26-2021, 02:21 PM
I installed an X pipe. Removed and went with secondary cat deletes. X pipe is a real sound killer. But try it, maybe you may like the sound.
I have a 2013 and had already committed to the exhaust manifolds, therefore going to the 200 cell route. If it wasn't for the manifolds, I'd do cat deletes and be done with it. I don't like how there are 4 cats on the manifolds. Too restrictive IMO.

Old 06-26-2021, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by V8Vdrew
Where was your X Pipe from? VAP? Do you still have it and if so willing to sell?
No its a cat delete, from CSK Race exhaust in the UK. I am going to keep it. It's titanium, like a work of art.

Old 06-26-2021, 02:35 PM
No its a cat delete, from CSK Race exhaust in the UK. I am going to keep it. It's titanium, like a work of art.
Gotcha, I thought you had a x pipes, didnt like it, and switched to cat delete. Well, ill report back when I get around to purchasing and installing at the end of this year.

Old 06-26-2021, 07:25 PM

Old 06-27-2021, 06:12 AM
MAUMAU is an unknown quantity at this point
The carbon inserts on the new clear taillights really make them pop. Fantastic look!

Are there any clear reflectors available to replace the red reflectors just below the taillights?

Old 06-27-2021, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by MAUMAU
The carbon inserts on the new clear taillights really make them pop. Fantastic look!

Are there any clear reflectors available to replace the red reflectors just below the taillights?
Thanks Rob! Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any clear markers. Redpants apparently had some, but they were junk so he stopped selling them until he could find an alternative. I also like the contrast of the carbon. Was not sure if I would like them or not. Now, I need to find a carbon diffuser to match.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear Tail Light with Carbon Insert Install