Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My 'new" V8 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 07:53 AM
Cadillacbart is an unknown quantity at this point
My 'new" V8 Vantage

Hello,
I'm John, a confirmed car lover from Denver, Colorado. My 2012 V8 Vantage arrived on Thursday and I am thrilled! Wanted to introduce myself, and say thank you to all here as I have learned much from this forum in the short time I have been a member. Here's a couple of pics of my car from the dealer. Anyone know the car?

Old 10-02-2021, 08:05 AM
Aston502 will become famous soon enough
Congrats and welcome

Old 10-02-2021, 08:24 AM
61mga will become famous soon enough
your question will be "which mountain pass shall i climb first".

Old 10-02-2021, 08:38 AM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
Beautiful car...Is that Cobalt Blue?
Wheels look good as do the calipers and matching accent on the front splitter. Happy motoring!

Old 10-02-2021, 08:39 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Very nice, not many Colbalt cars out there. Looks like all the hard work has been done already. Enjoy it before the snow sticks.

Old 10-02-2021, 10:54 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Nice pick up and great color! Being on this forum is dangerous if you like to tinker and upgrades! Enjoy!

Old 10-02-2021, 12:20 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 61mga
your question will be "which mountain pass shall i climb first".
drove pike's peak and mt Evans last month, I wish I had my Aston for PP

Old 10-02-2021, 05:18 PM
Argus will become famous soon enough
Welcome aboard.

Old 10-02-2021, 07:56 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Welcome! Thats'a nice car! Great color !!

Old 10-03-2021, 07:19 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great. How about some interior pics!

Old 10-03-2021, 09:47 AM
Thanks. It is Cobalt. I have a 911 that is black/black so I really wanted some color, either inside or outside, as most of the cars I looked at were black or silver with black interior. I love the BC wheels on it. My first Aston so I am loving discovering the details and nuances of the car!

Some interior shots- love the blue stitching.

Old 10-03-2021, 10:05 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Nice shape! I just got my 23K mile 2011 V8 (Midnight Blue) V8 Vantage last week (my 7th Vantage). Unfortunately, mine was not in the same perfection - the previous owner took it through car washes and a few places needing touchup not represented by the dealer. Mechanically sound but no Sports Exhaust (it does have the Sports pack), but Russano Reese, my buddy who is in the auto upgrade business (and past Aston sales rep) found a almost new Quicksilver for $1K and another glass key for the same, so it will be about $3500+ to make it a proper Vantage (before ceramic coating and new Xpel) , but I did get it at a price that makes it all OK.

Old 10-03-2021, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
Nice shape! I just got my 23K mile 2011 V8 (Midnight Blue) V8 Vantage last week (my 7th Vantage). Unfortunately, mine was not in the same perfection - the previous owner took it through car washes and a few places needing touchup not represented by the dealer. Mechanically sound but no Sports Exhaust (it does have the Sports pack), but Russano Reese, my buddy who is in the auto upgrade business (and past Aston sales rep) found a almost new Quicksilver for $1K and another glass key for the same, so it will be about $3500+ to make it a proper Vantage (before ceramic coating and new Xpel) , but I did get it at a price that makes it all OK.
Wow! Sounds like a great Vantage. The exhaust is a find at that price. I also need a second key. The local AM dealer will be sourcing that. My understanding from reading the forums is that a used key is not programmable without the 4-5 digit code, so I guess i'm going new on the key?

Old 10-03-2021, 10:29 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I looked at various keys on-line. E-Bay has a bunch, but most without the original programming codes - absolutely worthless. Those codes are included with new keys and should never be lost. Miller Aston Martin quoted me $1067 for a new key, but Russano found one slightly less (new). Anyway, unless you are lucky, finding a 315Mhz (the US Vantage will not work with the 433Mhz key) that actually work with the programming code under $1K is pure luck. When looking for a car I got on the Aston Martin Technical Hub to look at the build options on all of the Vantages I looked at, a great resource to find the original options. Like an idiot, there was some incredible cars, and I tried to bargain that slipped away when a retail buyer came in. I was looking for a lower mile Aston maintained silver with tan interior 2009 through 2013 at a great price - there are none. Morries Aston Martin is implementing a winter service program where they pick up the car in a flatbed, service at a discount, then deliver it back. I'll have a 20,000 mile inspection at that time and have them stamp the owners manual which right now has zero stamps, and at that time I'll have them do the Ceramic and Xpel. The tail lights show some condensation, so I'll send them to Divinatech in the winter. Most my driving miles will be on my C8 with 6 years left on it's warranty, and the Aston will be the special drive car, so I'll get it pristine and keep it that way.

Old 10-07-2021, 11:55 AM
colemanlogic is an unknown quantity at this point
Beauty if a car! Congrats!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 'new" V8 Vantage