Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Shameless Appeal - Right side headlight washer cover missing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2022, 12:38 PM
Tom_Boy will become famous soon enough
Shameless Appeal - Right side headlight washer cover missing

Hi folks-

In one of my other posts, I mentioned 'losing' my right side (US passenger) side headlight washer cover. A complete, new module is $469.00 US. I think I can just re-use the cover and make that work (if I can find one)... Especially if I do the 'pull the fuse' trick I just heard about. I believe this is the part # (6G33-37-10536) for the non-HID cover (that has no washer guts), and it's the same... Much better option for me.... Anyone have an old one? One from a busted headlight? A NIB one on their shelf? Here's your chance to play Monte Hall & "Let's make a Deal!"... Thanks for looking...I gave up walking up & down the road trying to determine where my flew off. There is one on eBay... But, as luck (or lack of) would have it, it's the left side part # with the right side picture... Arrgh!!!!

Old 03-11-2022, 12:59 PM
GA_DB9 has a reputation beyond reputeGA_DB9 has a reputation beyond reputeGA_DB9 has a reputation beyond reputeGA_DB9 has a reputation beyond reputeGA_DB9 has a reputation beyond reputeGA_DB9 has a reputation beyond reputeGA_DB9 has a reputation beyond reputeGA_DB9 has a reputation beyond reputeGA_DB9 has a reputation beyond reputeGA_DB9 has a reputation beyond reputeGA_DB9 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not sure there was ever a non-HID headlight for our cars. I could be wrong, but the part you showed from Scuderia looks like it probably clips onto the washer nozzle and not the headlight lens itself.

Old 03-11-2022, 01:07 PM
GA _DB9, yes... That's exactly my point... The cost to build a different die to injection mold a different part just does not make sense... I am pretty sure they are one in the same... The non-HID which was offered in some markets uses what I believe is the same cover assembly with a spring to hold it in place... I am sure someone on here can confirm...

Old 03-11-2022, 01:14 PM
GA_DB9 has a reputation beyond reputeGA_DB9 has a reputation beyond reputeGA_DB9 has a reputation beyond reputeGA_DB9 has a reputation beyond reputeGA_DB9 has a reputation beyond reputeGA_DB9 has a reputation beyond reputeGA_DB9 has a reputation beyond reputeGA_DB9 has a reputation beyond reputeGA_DB9 has a reputation beyond reputeGA_DB9 has a reputation beyond reputeGA_DB9 has a reputation beyond repute
Here's my HID washer cover. The shape of the tab is squared instead of rounded, but the tri-lobed mounding hole looks similar to the non-HID cover.

Old 03-11-2022, 01:22 PM
And you have a DB9 vs. a Vantage, correct? If so, believe the cover is different, but would expect the mechanism/guts to be the same...

Old 03-11-2022, 01:25 PM
That's right. I don't see a non-HID setup for the DB9 and assumed the Vantage was the same. Guess I learned something today. I wouldn't be surprised if the cover for the vantage is just the exact cover plus spring vs the whole cover and washer assembly like you say.

Old 03-11-2022, 02:22 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe someone can 3d print one? Take other one, scan and reverse.? All you need is the cover

Old 03-11-2022, 02:28 PM
I've actually just now reached out to ECPS... See what they can offer...

Old 03-13-2022, 07:17 AM
Marmot is an unknown quantity at this point
Astonmartinbits has a few listed....I've always found them to be pretty reasonable compared to some other sources. They stock just the cover piece and the whole assembly. I just searched 'washer cover' got a list to come up, this was the bottom half. The dollar to pound sterling rate isn't THAT bad right now.

Old 03-13-2022, 09:25 AM
Marmot, Thank you- I spent the majority of the day searching. Scud parts has it too, an I think I am going to 'gamble' with the cover only for now vs. the whole assembly, especially since my squirter still works. I'll likely just pull the fuse for this pump.

Old 03-16-2022, 01:29 PM
So, after all the heartache, the non-HID part fit PERFECTLY. Snapped right on, like a 30 second job honestly. Now, next step s to pull that fuse!

BIG (Make that HUGE!) thanks to Chris @ Scuderia Parts for all the help & getting it here (UK to DFW) in 2 days!

https://www.scuderiacarparts.com