Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8V 4.3 Intake Swap to V8V 4.7 Intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2023, 03:29 AM
djloush is an unknown quantity at this point
V8V 4.3 Intake Swap to V8V 4.7 Intake

Hey Everybody, so I went to a regular service at the dealership, but the guys knows me well over there and they know i like to play around with my car.
the head mechanic came to me and said why dont you swap the intake to the 4.7 one with the intake hoses.

Sounds like a great idea but has anybody done that before and any idea if you will see any difference in power.
Thanks...

Old 01-24-2023, 07:21 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by djloush
Hey Everybody, so I went to a regular service at the dealership, but the guys knows me well over there and they know i like to play around with my car.
the head mechanic came to me and said why dont you swap the intake to the 4.7 one with the intake hoses.

Sounds like a great idea but has anybody done that before and any idea if you will see any difference in power.
Thanks...
AFAIK the intakes are the same?

Old 01-24-2023, 01:02 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Aston did it as part of their Powerpack. It's just a vacuum port at the front to control the auxiliary flaps to open. Which would require a tune. I would not bother with it and just get a tune.

Old 01-24-2023, 01:25 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Is the dealership hooking you up with the intake?

Old 01-25-2023, 04:15 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
The Silver Intake on the 4.7 has no auxiliary vacuum port so it seems that the only difference is the 4.3 or 4.7 on top of that intake but like J doubleU mention the Black intake of the 4.3 and 4.7 has that extra vacuum port to control that flag on the intake boxes

Old 01-26-2023, 02:52 AM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Aston did it as part of their Powerpack. It's just a vacuum port at the front to control the auxiliary flaps to open. Which would require a tune. I would not bother with it and just get a tune.
Mine has a tune already, but yes if its not much of a difference i wont bother.

Old 01-26-2023, 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Is the dealership hooking you up with the intake?
I wish lol the engineer provided me with the tip thats all cause he knows i like to modify things on my car.

Old 01-26-2023, 04:12 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
The only other thing you can do in your case to add HP is exhaust headers and maybe X-pipe, after that you will have to start removing weight in the car like some here start doing. I have all the same VAP aftermarket equipment like you on my 4.7 and I was also thinking of exhaust headers and x-pipe in the future

Old 01-26-2023, 05:21 AM
Originally Posted by handyman2009
The only other thing you can do in your case to add HP is exhaust headers and maybe X-pipe, after that you will have to start removing weight in the car like some here start doing. I have all the same VAP aftermarket equipment like you on my 4.7 and I was also thinking of exhaust headers and x-pipe in the future
Headers is definitely next specially after the new one they are offering as the price is much more affordable, then X pipe then cutback and im done, no need to reduce weight for me as im not intending to track my car. I'm only happy to complete it and have fun driving it.

Old 01-26-2023, 12:00 PM
Advantage Dean is an unknown quantity at this point
...the head mechanic came to me and said why dont you swap the intake to the 4.7 one with the intake hoses.
Originally Posted by J doubleU
It's just a vacuum port at the front to control the auxiliary flaps to open.
I wish lol the engineer provided me with the tip thats all cause he knows i like to modify things on my car.
As J double U has correctly mentioned, the two plenums are exactly the same, except for the colour and the additional vaccum port. Runner length, CFM, etc, are all the same. It's only the V12 VH-platform cars that can benefit from changing from one production plenum version, to another (the Zagato cars had higher flowing magnesium plenums). With the greatest of respect, if this "head mechanic/engineer" hasn't spotted that the two V8 plenums are the same, then I would go elsewhere for advice in future.

Old 01-27-2023, 07:28 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Headers is definitely next specially after the new one they are offering as the price is much more affordable, then X pipe then cutback and im done, no need to reduce weight for me as im not intending to track my car. I'm only happy to complete it and have fun driving it.
It won't make one bit of power. Just a different colour. You can get the same effect by opening up the factory airboxes.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com