Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

'08 V8V "Electric System Service Urgent"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2023, 01:07 AM
thom_77 is an unknown quantity at this point
'08 V8V "Electric System Service Urgent"

Hi guys -- strange intermittent issue.

When the car is idling on a hot day, after some time I'll get "Electric System Service Urgent" on the dash.

It only happens when the car is idling in neutral and only when it's particularly hot out. Never at night or during cooler weather, never when the car is in gear or even in slow traffic.

Car has a new battery and alternator, both replaced about a year ago.

No change to the cars performance, engine temperature remains normal at all times. Message disappears if I restart the car.

Any ideas?

Old 07-05-2023, 01:26 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Check that the positive connections are tight on battery, the feed through the RH floor by the CEM (both sides) and starter/alternator. And negative at the battery and negative cable to body/chassis ground.

Old 07-06-2023, 12:51 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Check that the positive connections are tight on battery, the feed through the RH floor by the CEM (both sides) and starter/alternator. And negative at the battery and negative cable to body/chassis ground.
I had this warning pop up a few years ago after a service. The dealer didn't tighten to the negative terminal on the battery and triggered this warning when the engine was running.

I tightEned it up an no warning since