Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Bovee 1000 alternative (Invery Airdual) for steering controls with Spotify

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2024, 06:07 PM
v8v8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bovee 1000 alternative (Invery Airdual) for steering controls with Spotify

I've been using the Bovee 1000 (TUNE2AIR) on my 2009 V8 Vantage for several years (it came with the car). It works well for music stored on the iPhone (and i think it worked ok when I had an Android phone), however the steering wheel next-track and previous-track controls have never worked right with Spotify. They would just cause the music to pause for a bit and then resume the same track. Using the joystick for track selection also did the same thing. (Today I did discover you can use the radio tuner dial to go to the next track and that sometimes works)

I found an alternative called Invery Airdual (available on Amazon or mfr website) which looks almost identical to the Bovee except it has a switch on the front. It can operate in both "iPod" and "General" modes where the iPod mode is good if you primarily use Apple Music and the General mode is for Android phones or iPhones using Spotify/Pandora/etc. Note that both modes can still play music from the "other" app, it's just that if you want to scroll through the songs on the in-dash display then you need to be in iPod mode.

For my car, the Landrover model of the Airdual worked. Note you must use cigarette lighter power to supply additional power via micro-USB. Since the port in the center console is always on you'll want to unplug it when the car is off.

Anyway, using the Airdual in "General" mode with spotify allowed me to use the steering controls to switch to the next track, but it's a tricky and not idiot-proof. Basically it inserts 4 fake "tracks" into the queue, the first 2 are "Prev" and the next 2 are "Next". When you advance the track with the steering controls the Airdual receives "go to track 4" which it knows is "advance spotify to next track". If you go backwards it gets "go to track 2" which it knows is "go back". The key here is that you must wait until the in-dash display shows "track 3" again before you can advance one more time. So immediately when you change tracks you might see "track 1" or "track 4" on the screen, wait until it updates to "track 3" before advancing further.

A more reliable way to change to the next track is to use the joystick which shows you the 4 tracks "Prev", "Prev", "Next", "Next" and just select one of those tracks. From then on, double-press of the Enter button will advance the track

Old 02-29-2024, 05:24 AM
sweet991S is an unknown quantity at this point
I just tried without sucess to pair my IPhone 13 Pro w/ my 2010 V8V (has the BT included as an option but previously been able to 'locate' it with my phone. Yesterday I was searching for the Bovee and eventually found it, and ALSO found a BT signal named "ASTON MARTIN". I am speculating that because the car was confused with the competing BT signals, it would not pair. I plugged in the code contained in the Bovee (0000) yet still NO JOY. Anyone have any suggestions? I tuned the cars infotainment signal as appropriate, but ---- "nuttin".

Old 02-29-2024, 01:53 PM
v8v8 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think the 2 bluetooth signals are a problem. Under normal operation you should be able to connect your phone to BOTH devices at the same time ("ASTON MARTIN" for calls and "TUNE2AIR" for music). If your phone is failing to pair with Bovee, their manual says this:
Unplug from car and restart your phone. Turn off other bluetooth devices. Plug back into car.
When the blue light power and pairing indicator turns on tap to pair on your phone (Pairing
Code: 0000). In some vehicles the unit will lose power if not sufficiently connected and you will
need to unplug the device, plug it back in, and try again until successful. You should not need to
do this again after a correct initial setup.

Old 03-01-2024, 12:38 AM
User 32124 is an unknown quantity at this point
That problem with competing BT signals can be usually resolved in the phone settings. In my Android I set the Bovee to just enable music (audio) connection and disable Phone/Calling, while "ASTON MARTIN" is set to Phone/call connection and disable audio. I suspect its probably similar with the iPhone. Once those settings are set appropriately there shouldn't be an issue.

Old 03-01-2024, 06:14 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Khiladi1020
That problem with competing BT signals can be usually resolved in the phone settings. In my Android I set the Bovee to just enable music (audio) connection and disable Phone/Calling, while "ASTON MARTIN" is set to Phone/call connection and disable audio. I suspect its probably similar with the iPhone. Once those settings are set appropriately there shouldn't be an issue.
this is how i have mine set up with a newer android. I also have an Alexa device which provides phone and streaming so I have two devices with both phone and streaming. Works flawlessly the past 6 years

Old 03-09-2024, 06:46 PM
EJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond repute
Just received my Invery today, plugged it in, hooked up my phone. Everything works flawlessly for BT streaming.
Though I haven't tried the steering wheel controls to switch the songs yet...