Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage - Two Different Times Showing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2024, 03:35 PM
christopherlem is infamous around these parts
Vantage - Two Different Times Showing

All - my MY106 GTS displays the time in the gauges as X but in the infotainment as Y. They are off by two minutes. They were originally synced when we replaced the battery but somehow fell out of sync many months later. I have seen this before and it rectified itself only to happen again. I did go and manually re-set the time but that didn't work. Anyone experience this and or know how to fix?

Old 05-23-2024, 05:16 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
The clock on the center console runs fast. Not sure why they don't have them both sync when Nav is turned on?

Old 05-23-2024, 08:01 AM
@brightoncorgi have you seen this issues with your Vantage as well? Did it ever fix itself or the two stayed out of sync forever?

Old 05-23-2024, 08:09 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by christopherlem
@brightoncorgi have you seen this issues with your Vantage as well? Did it ever fix itself or the two stayed out of sync forever?
I've seen on both my previous V8V and now Rapide. The issue never fixes itself. I generally would have the sync them on my annual service, but it was about an hour labor to do so. I did not sync it on the last annual.

Old 05-23-2024, 10:20 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
If you are brave enough to do a battery reset it will solve your issue. An hour charge at the dealer is absurd. Just passing on free information.
-JW

Old 05-24-2024, 06:05 AM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
If you are brave enough to do a battery reset it will solve your issue. An hour charge at the dealer is absurd. Just passing on free information.
-JW
Service tech's said they need to be adjusted via ADMS or something behind the center console. I forget. They adjusted it for free a couple of times too.

Old 05-24-2024, 08:19 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
There is a connector at the RH side console the feeds the center panel.
No AMDS magic involved. Hard reset is what the fix is.

Old 05-24-2024, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
There is a connector at the RH side console the feeds the center panel.
No AMDS magic involved. Hard reset is what the fix is.
How does the time get set after the reset?

Old 05-24-2024, 11:20 AM
GPS sets the mechanical clock.

Old 05-26-2024, 11:43 AM
Somehow missed all these replies but thank you! What does the battery reset entail? Just disconnecting and reconnecting?