Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin DBR9 anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 06:24 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Aston Martin DBR9 anyone?

For sale with Oakfields in the UK.

Only $1,426,238.

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/find...facturer=10005

This car was built and delivered in october 2005, and has only one hour of private running since its supply.

The price includes a spares package comprising of a new and unused 2nd engine, wheels, tyres, body panels and other mostley new spare parts."Aston Martin Racing" unveiled the DBR9 in late 2004 to mark there return to International GT racing at Sebring and Le Mans in 2005.

The name DBR9 is derived from the original Le Mans-winning DBR1 car which not only won the 24 Hour race in 1959 but the World Sport scar title too.

Only 12 works cars were produced along with a small number of cars for selected private collections and racing all were individually numbered.

Based on the DB9 it has an alloy chassis and full carbon body excepting of the roof panel. The race engine uses the alloy 6.0 block and head but the rest is highly modified and produces in the order of 600Hp.

Double wishbone suspension configuration is retained on the DBR9, but features up rated components and a revised geometry for racing purposes. Formula One style carbon brakes are fitted front and rear and a competition, six-speed sequential gearbox is mounted at the rear axle.

The wheels have also been specially designed for the car by OZ Racing and are made from forged magnesium. In the cockpit, a carbon composite dashboard, lightweight racing seat and the driver’s instrument panels, have replaced all the original car’s trim.

Styled by Aston Martin Racing’s own design team extensive use of Computational Fluid Dynamics has been used to optimise the aerodynamics before producing the final body shape,to complete the aero package the under side of the car is flat from the front to the rear diffuser.

The panels are hand made carbon-fibre composite, ensuring the car meets its 1,100 kg minimum weight, power to weight ratio is 550 bhp per tonne - more than double that of the road car.

The result is a GT racing car with outstanding performance but with the beauty and integrity of an Aston Martin.

Last edited by Phoenix; 02-19-2007 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:05 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Sweet car, but, um, how much? Yeah, I'd rather have that than a McLaren F1. Not . . .

Old 02-20-2007, 04:03 AM
ItaLianFiXaTion is an unknown quantity at this point
pretty car, pretty price tag. gl

Old 02-20-2007, 04:05 AM
ask lv eric or mike s, if they like it enough they'd pay for it in full. lol its a good looking car tho...especially cool how it comes with all the spare stuff

Old 02-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Car_Collector will become famous soon enough
Yeah I saw this one for sale too, but was to lazy to post along with an TDF 599 for sale.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:37 PM
TTM0TION is on a distinguished road
That is absolutly the coolest thing I have ever seen and I want one so bad.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:05 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Kev thanks for posting my new daily car haha!! And DAYUM that 599 in blue is sexy, well front not so much but rear and side profile, especially the interior is WOW!

Old 02-20-2007, 11:29 PM
GHOSTRIDER-TT will become famous soon enoughGHOSTRIDER-TT will become famous soon enough
I saw the DB9R at the LeMans race last year. It has about the sickest exhaust note EVER!!

Old 02-21-2007, 12:31 AM
nice 599 pix. looks sick in blue . couldnt help but notice the two silver CGT's in the 1st pic believe thru the glass. sweet

Old 02-23-2007, 01:11 PM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
Totally absurd price. For last year's race car. Period. Moreover, one with less than awe-inspiring results. Still, I wouldn't mind one on the trailer.

CW

Old 02-23-2007, 01:14 PM
micah has a spectacular aura aboutmicah has a spectacular aura aboutmicah has a spectacular aura about
YES

Old 02-23-2007, 03:45 PM
master_jcp will become famous soon enoughmaster_jcp will become famous soon enough
Very hot!!!

Old 02-23-2007, 07:37 PM
sal
sal has a spectacular aura aboutsal has a spectacular aura about
wow 1.5 mil is kinda steep for a car you can just drive out on a track...

Old 03-03-2007, 12:07 AM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Phoenix
For sale with Oakfields in the UK.

Only $1,426,238.

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/find...facturer=10005

WOW... That thing looks WILD!! I love it!

But I also agree that the price is really steep...

I have also seen it before on Classic Driver; I frequently browse the website.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by NAPO; 03-03-2007 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:08 AM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Car_Collector
Yeah I saw this one for sale too, but was to lazy to post along with an TDF 599 for sale.

WOW... The 599 looks AMAZING in that color!!

Great find! Thanks for sharing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin DBR9 anyone?