Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Difference between AMV8 and DB9...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 08:54 PM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
Difference between AMV8 and DB9...

I know the DB9 has a V-12 450hp engine and the Vantage has the V8 380hp engine. I can also notice the subtle differences in the body style...but they look very similar to me (I haven't had the chance to view both of them side by side up close). I'm sure there are many other parts of each car that makes them who they are (suspension, brakes, interior, etc.) but what can you Aston guys have to say that really displays/portrays the differences between the two cars.

thanks,

///M_Chap

Old 02-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Gabriel will become famous soon enough
One is a V8 and the other a V12. DB9 is bigger, more comfortable and heavier. More of a GT.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:13 PM
antinym is on a distinguished road
doesn't the DB9 have a parcel-shelf they call a back-seat... kinda like porsches

Old 02-24-2007, 12:54 AM
riozilla is on a distinguished road
Yes, the DB9 is a 2+2. The backseat is very small but holds briefcases and other parcels just fine.

Like the other guy said, big difference between the DB9 and AMV8 - when you see them in person, especially side by side - it's very noticeable. The DB9 is much bigger and is a true V12 GT. The V8 is more sporty and is the same length as a Porsche 911 (shorter, wider, more of a bulldog).

Originally Posted by antinym
doesn't the DB9 have a parcel-shelf they call a back-seat... kinda like porsches

Old 02-24-2007, 12:56 AM
Here is a pic of my DB9 backseat.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:58 AM
The DB9 also has glorious wood inside on the center console and atop the doors, which the AMV8 does not. Mine has bamboo.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:29 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
I love both.

The rear end of DB9 is very distictive. Very stylish, futuristic and classy.

The Vantage is a great car but I'd personally go with a Porsche for a more sporty experience while saving a little money in the mean time. It does offer exclusivity though.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:49 AM
StrtSwpr996 is on a distinguished road
the AMv8 only comes in stick also, unless they recently changed that.. And im sure the difference in speed is noticeable. I know the 997S will take a AMV8 but how will the 997S do against the DB9.

Old 02-24-2007, 06:32 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by StrtSwpr996
the AMv8 only comes in stick also, unless they recently changed that.. And im sure the difference in speed is noticeable. I know the 997S will take a AMV8 but how will the 997S do against the DB9.
The V8 just added a paddle shift...

I bought my 997S because my friend (road test editor for Motor Trend) had driven them back to back (997S and V8) and told me I had to get the Carrera S. It took the V8 apart on the road and track, plus the proven build quality and long-term residuals were higher with the Porsche.

That said, it was tough making a decision, but I am happy now. When I see a V8 Vantage on the street, I do sometimes think what could have been.

riozilla - I love your DB9. That color combo is sweet - I was going to do the Tungsten Silver with the blue leather in the V8.

Old 02-24-2007, 01:14 PM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by riozilla
The DB9 also has glorious wood inside on the center console and atop the doors, which the AMV8 does not. Mine has bamboo.

Thanks for the input and absolutely beautiful interior to go along with a stunning car.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:36 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
as said before, Aston Martin is about exclusivity, and hand built cars. You're not going to see another one in your neighborhood.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:45 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
The DB9 is like real natural 34DD's, and the V8 is like a pair of 34B's. All depends what you like, the DB9 has the sexiest rear end out there. I should have bought one when I was looking at the 997TT, but my reason for not getting it was because my lack of knowledge on their reliability and the only dealer around me was 40 miles and they dont like it if you didnt buy the car from them and would make you wait weeks to get a CEL diagnosed. That came from one of their own service reps when I called to feel them out, he plainly told me that if I didnt buy the car from them that I would have to wait my turn behind their "loyal" customers, I told him to kiss my behind as I would not be buying one. Sex cars none the less.

Bajo

Old 02-28-2007, 12:51 AM
TTM0TION is on a distinguished road
Bajo that is possibly the best avatar on 6speed. Those 2 with a DB9 or a DBS and I'd be in heaven...

Old 02-28-2007, 07:33 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
Bajo that is possibly the best avatar on 6speed. Those 2 with a DB9 or a DBS and I'd be in heaven...

Yes they are pretty hot arent they, and from here on out they shall be called the AM Twins.

Old 02-28-2007, 07:47 AM
I had similar concerns about buying my DB9 remotely and then taking it into the local service in LA (O'Gara Bev Hills) since I did not purchase from them. I've gone out of my way to make friends with the service manager, even pre-emptively paying a visit when nothing is wrong with my car to start a relationship - I even bring by CD's (I'm in the music business) for him as gifts whenever I can. All is well right now and I've been impressed by the service and turnaround time on service so far but I can imagine each service center is different. I would also have not purchased one if I lived in a town where the service center was more than 50 miles or so from my house. Although nothing major has gone wrong, as they are hand built british cars, you do get little quirky things that happen so it's definitely more convenient to be close to your service location.

Originally Posted by BBGT2
The DB9 is like real natural 34DD's, and the V8 is like a pair of 34B's. All depends what you like, the DB9 has the sexiest rear end out there. I should have bought one when I was looking at the 997TT, but my reason for not getting it was because my lack of knowledge on their reliability and the only dealer around me was 40 miles and they dont like it if you didnt buy the car from them and would make you wait weeks to get a CEL diagnosed. That came from one of their own service reps when I called to feel them out, he plainly told me that if I didnt buy the car from them that I would have to wait my turn behind their "loyal" customers, I told him to kiss my behind as I would not be buying one. Sex cars none the less.

Bajo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Difference between AMV8 and DB9...