Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

S5 Offered To Me. Advice Needed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 09:11 AM
SolidGranite is infamous around these parts
S5 Offered To Me. Advice Needed.

So, I went to an Audi dealer for more information on the S5 and they offered me the demo Audi gave them for test drives. The only stipulation is I have to wait until the end of February or maybe a bit earlier to have the option to purchase it. It will be sold as a used car and should have about 3k miles on it by then according to their manager.

My question is, should I jump on this offer or pass? I'm a bit skeptical on what price will be and how much this car has been beat on as well. It's a gray car fully loaded with the red seats with an MSRP just over 58k.

Thoughts?

Old 12-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Akara1 is a jewel in the roughAkara1 is a jewel in the roughAkara1 is a jewel in the rough
Without knowing what kind of a deal they are going to give you, it's hard to judge if it's worth it or bot. I'm guessing they are going to try to pull the "market value" card on you and not give a great deal.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:31 AM
That is what I told them. I will not have interest if the car if it isn't discounted properly. The one bright side is gas guzzler will be waived since it will be sold as used.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:24 AM
KeyserSoze is infamous around these parts
I'd pass, who wants to own a beat-on demo car???

Old 12-10-2007, 10:33 AM
ArcticBoost is infamous around these parts
^ Completely agree. I'm sure they'll give you a pretty solid price, but that can't replace the beating the car took over the first 3000 miles. Think about it this way....if you had the option to take out a sports car you were thinking about purchasing, how would you drive it?

Old 12-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by ArcticBoost
^ Completely agree. I'm sure they'll give you a pretty solid price, but that can't replace the beating the car took over the first 3000 miles. Think about it this way....if you had the option to take out a sports car you were thinking about purchasing, how would you drive it?
I actually go pretty easy on test drives but I know for a fact the same does not go for everyone else.

I do know I will not be keeping the car more than 2 years which will be well within the warranty coverage. What is the downside of owning a car that was beat on a bit if you get rid of it well ahead of the warranty expiration?

Old 12-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
I wouldn't want to spend the next two and a half months months thinking about how every idiot is test driving (beating on) my car. I'd find another...

Old 12-10-2007, 11:55 AM
BigMac78 is infamous around these parts
I wouldnt mind too much. I mean, even if an employee redlined it during lunch you will be doing the same anyway and its under warranty. But I would get a ballpark price and I would request a nice drop since its technically used. If there is only a $3K-$4 diff then go new....

Old 12-10-2007, 12:16 PM
xxweisxxm6 is infamous around these parts
lowball them they well take it because demos hard to sell.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:17 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by KeyserSoze
I'd pass, who wants to own a beat-on demo car???
Ditto.

You're probably only gonna save a few grand on the car, so you might as well buy a brand new one and have the satisfaction of knowing that you're the only person that has driven it.

Last edited by NAPO; 12-10-2007 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Kingofcars is infamous around these parts
There are probably new ones around if you look.

Run from the demo!

Old 12-10-2007, 12:20 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
I just noticed that you live in Chicago... Was this at McGrath Audi in Glenview?

If so, I test drove that exact car last month... And I definitely beat on it. I hit 100mph with it on Golf Rd.

So yeaaaah... You definitely wanna pass on that car.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Tommy6030 is infamous around these parts
We have the same exact car at my dealer. Meteor Gray/Red interior and fully loaded. It's a demo that we have to keep till Feb and it takes a beating! I personally drive it at least twice a week and a lot of other customers drive it who most likely aren't the best drivers. I wouldn't recommend buying this car, but thats just my opinion based on what I see everyday.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:26 PM
You should also check out this thread on the horrible business practices at McGrath Audi.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=108185

Old 12-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by NAPO
You should also check out this thread on the horrible business practices at McGrath Audi.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=108185
Yeah, I saw that thread. This is another dealer as I've already been to McGrath as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S5 Offered To Me. Advice Needed.