Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Is it just me, or is the RS4 WAAAAAY overpriced?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Sellshort is on a distinguished road
Audi is only making 2000 of these cars for this run vs 96k M3's over the next 6 years so I think the premium is somewhat justified based on rareness alone.

That being said I just picked up a used one for very low 60's and couldnt be happier. If it's a great car at 74k its simply a fantastic car at $63...

Old 12-24-2007, 12:00 AM
chekuen is on a distinguished road
ditto

paid about 60 ish. and tax... love mine...

a lot

Old 12-24-2007, 12:01 AM
chekuen is on a distinguished road
sell short

how does it compare to your m3 comp?

Old 12-24-2007, 05:56 AM
oalvarez will become famous soon enough
Trojanman,

1) Fight On!

2) They can price it where they do because people like me find value in it (my '07 was $72 and that included the popular $3500 lux pkg). 4 doors, 420hp V8, 4wd, not many made. I'll pay for that.

3) Think what you may, but an RS4 is so more exclusive than an M3 and a C63, or more importantly, it is in my mind. Again, I'll pay for that.

4) I like the body design; the flared fenders give it a look of its own. I'll pay for that.

That's how i see it. Nothing too scientific. Leave it up to the forces of supply and demand and i think that's how you get an answer to your question.

Love the OC.

Old 12-24-2007, 06:27 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Gentlemen I'm new to this section on 6speed but I've owned an RS4 since Aug '06 and really like the car. I bought it while waiting on the GT3 to keep me in sport mode and thinking I would trade it in when the GT3 arrived. Well I liked it so much I kept it.
Now here's the problem. I love to mod and except for the Milltek exhaust there's nothing. No intakes, software or anything. I've been after APR and the RS4 is not even on their radar. Down here (Miami) the supercharged M3's from Active Autowerke eat my lunch. And I saw the video (Gustav) of the run offs where the new M3 running 30 to 150 mph put 5 to6 car lenghts on the RS4. I was depressed! Also the BMW 335 with software also kicks my ***.
I love the car, it's beautiful and now Vorsteiner has the vented CF hood for it but the car looks hot but is failing to produce. I know of 335's w/ software putting down 380 rwhp..
It maybe time to move on ,even though it will be sad.

Cheers, GT3Ranger

Old 12-24-2007, 12:04 PM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Gentlemen I'm new to this section on 6speed but I've owned an RS4 since Aug '06 and really like the car. I bought it while waiting on the GT3 to keep me in sport mode and thinking I would trade it in when the GT3 arrived. Well I liked it so much I kept it.
Now here's the problem. I love to mod and except for the Milltek exhaust there's nothing. No intakes, software or anything. I've been after APR and the RS4 is not even on their radar. Down here (Miami) the supercharged M3's from Active Autowerke eat my lunch. And I saw the video (Gustav) of the run offs where the new M3 running 30 to 150 mph put 5 to6 car lenghts on the RS4. I was depressed! Also the BMW 335 with software also kicks my ***.
I love the car, it's beautiful and now Vorsteiner has the vented CF hood for it but the car looks hot but is failing to produce. I know of 335's w/ software putting down 380 rwhp..

Cheers, GT3Ranger
You'll eventually grow out of modding cars or ruining em IMO.
I think this is something people do to cars in while in their 20s. I am not ever depressed when a punk pulls up next to me in a POS rice rocket with 600HP. Let him go as his rods will eventually out run his car 0-60!

If OEM's wanted these cars to have more HP they would install it or offer it at the factory. I had a BMW with 60K in go fast parts, the car was great until things started to go bang! Gee I wonder why I am twisting shaft after shaft duh!

If you want something faster step up and buy a more expensive car, it will last you a lot longer and you'll have a car worth something when you decide to sell it.

FWIW, I have never lost to any modded BMW, maybe its time you learn to launch that RS4 or start taking these ******* through some S turns

Old 12-24-2007, 01:00 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by offroad911
Your statement could not be weaker since if it were true Audi would not show growth every single year where the others are struggling to remain flat. Like MB or BMW, Audi serves a core market and appeals to those who MB or BMW do not appeal to, such as myself. I have never owned, nor will I ever own a BMW or MB simply because of the snob factor associated with their owners. To me the RS4 is worth the price simply due to exclusivity which you cannot buy in MB or BMW at comparable prices. The build quality of the RS4 is superior at every level when compared to the MB or BMW.

Therein you find the core value of the RS4.
i agree audi kills bmw and merc on quality. i would rank audi up there with Porsche, ferrari, aston in terms of gorgeous high quality materials.
also, TO ME, it feel likes bmw has gone too cold and clinical. almost like a cars by numbers thing. audi has made their cars special, and merc is coming along nicely.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:28 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger

Cheers, GT3Ranger
dude, if you want your rs4 to crush anything, MTM makes a supercharger for it, and not much is gonna touch it with that! check it out!!!!

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=FBkX8GS5FoY[/MEDIA]

Old 12-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Hey JZRS4 take it easy man. If you do not want to mod or be competitive so be it. Do not tell me I'm a fool for modding. Whether you believe it or not you can do things the right way. It seems you one of those that believes the factory is infalible.
Oh and you tell me to go and buy a more expensive car if I want more. Well I laugh at that. Same as telling me I do not know how to launch, unbelieveable. I raced IMSA for 9 years and SCCA for 12 years. How many 24 hrs of Daytona and 12 hrs of Sebring have you raced? You make those comments and you have no idea.
Because I mod that means I'm a punk. I'll make a statement: I bet you've never taken on a modded 335. These cars have run even w/ a stock E60 M5. I know because I have an M5, but oh that's right I'm too stupid to know and appreciate a car.
Here's a link with a few of my boys :
http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneyd...dTiggerDec2007

A little review:
M5 dyno'ed 581 rwhp
GT3 " 384 rwhp
GT3RS is stock
RS4 is stock

And as far as the subjects concern, I'm done talking. Us stupid punks do not know how to take care of cars.
Enjoy the holidays,

GT3AirborneRanger

Old 12-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Banned
PorscheC4 do you have 30 grand for the MTM supercharger? That is a ridiculous waste of money. Maybe you think it is okay. I have been after APR to develop a SS for the RS4 but there is no interest. With the AWD and the hugh DT loss the rwhp is compromised.
Trust me I love this care but in real world performance it falls short. Maybe where ever you guys are there isn't the competition that we have here in South Florida.

Keep up the fight,
GT3Ranger

Old 12-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
Ranger...it sounds like you're interested in kicking some straight-line ***. Refering to the many comments previously made, it seems the RS4 is not particularly suited for such accomplishments. If kicking ricers' asses is what you want, look no further than an AMG car.

After following this thread from the beginning, I'm starting to see there is more to the RS4 than meets the eye. Specifically, the fact that there are only 2,000 being made.

Sadly, it appears there will be no more RS4. The A4 is changing in 2009, and they are not bringing the RS with it.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Banned
Hey trojanman I road raced for many years but the "straight line" stuff you say is just for fun. The 1/4 mile runs are good to check results of ones mods.
I do not need an AMG. My M5 takes care of business against any AMG.

JZRS4 called me a dumb 20 year old who doesn't know how to take care of nice cars for modding. He's not for it and I love to mod so leave it at that.
He tells me to buy a more expensive car, well look at my stable.

It is too bad the RS4 will be axed by Audi but the car is under powered against its competition, at least its delivery of the power. The competition being the new M3 and C63, also modded 335's.

Cheers,
GT3Ranger

Old 12-27-2007, 06:42 PM
wilfred is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by trojanman
...Sadly, it appears there will be no more RS4. The A4 is changing in 2009, and they are not bringing the RS with it.
They may not bring the RS4 right away but i am sure there will be a RS4 very soon. I recently read an article Audi will not be making one RS at a time anymore. Other than the RS6, RS-TT I believe will be coming out too. After that, my guess would be RS4 & RS5 in a year or two.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:10 AM
johnnyboy is on a distinguished road
the m3 isn't much cheaper and it's engine isn't anymore powerful, and it's interior is not even in the same league as the rs4's and let's not even get started on exclusivity! The merc on the other hand that's just a beast

Old 12-28-2007, 04:20 PM
soon2befast4drs is on a distinguished road
The Mercedes is automatic,Bmw current out-dated, rs4 is awd everything you wanted recaro's, Gallardo brakes etc. The price difference is pretty high in canadian dollars between these models. RS4 is a limited run car just like the rs6 was. When talking about performance yeah the rs4 might not be as fast as the new m3 but who cares there will always be something faster....I ride a bike and every year theres always something faster I dont need something that does less than my 10 sec quarter mile runs.
Here RS4 sells for about 96K plus options plus 14.025% taxes

Last edited by soon2befast4drs; 12-28-2007 at 04:23 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is it just me, or is the RS4 WAAAAAY overpriced?