Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

S4 or RS4...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 02:23 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
S4 or RS4...

Hands down I know all of you will choose an RS4, but is it really worth it compared to the S4. Does that increase in HP really matter when using the car as a daily? I have my suit on, I know Im gonna get crap for this, I just want everyone's opinion on this matter. Please lean towards practicality and not masculinity.

Old 12-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
JonA85 is infamous around these parts
I say S4

Old 12-24-2007, 03:05 PM
icruze is infamous around these parts
You can definitely feel the difference between the two cars in terms of power. An extra 80 hp and .7 faster 0-60 justifies the added cost. Whether this is "worth it" is going to be your call. I say if you can afford it, go for it. Practicality should really not come into play when we are talking about cars such as this. Let's face it, the practical decision would be to buy an A4.

Old 12-24-2007, 05:48 PM
jwa
jwa is infamous around these parts
Depends if you get a 6speed S4 or automatic S4. My buddy has an auto, that thing feels like it has no go when you floor it.

Old 12-24-2007, 06:32 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Tommy6030 is infamous around these parts
Does price matter to you? The RS4 is a huge improvement, but comes with a large price tag. I think the S4 would be great for a daily driver and you would be pleased with it, but the RS is a blast to drive. Drive both cars and then you'll know if the RS is worth it, or if the S4 is all you need. I personally have had plenty of seat time in both and would fork out the extra cash for the RS4. Good luck-T

Old 12-24-2007, 06:40 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
No question the RS4 dynamically kicks the S4's ***. Would it be worth the $40K extra for me to trade my S4? Not a chance. For daily use the 6MT S4 is great.

If I were going to get a new Audi today - it would be R8 (not going to happen ) or more likely S5. I can definitely see that as my next daily.

Beautiful inside and out and fast enough to be entertaining.

Old 12-24-2007, 10:54 PM
ironchefigor is infamous around these parts
Practicality wise they would essentially both be the same. Seeing as how its the same platform with a different drivetrain/suspension, but the interior is still the same with the RS4 having better seats lol.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:49 AM
arzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud ofarzcatz3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by adybuncio
Hands down I know all of you will choose an RS4, but is it really worth it compared to the S4. Does that increase in HP really matter when using the car as a daily? I have my suit on, I know Im gonna get crap for this, I just want everyone's opinion on this matter. Please lean towards practicality and not masculinity.
I think it's worth it. Drive both back to back and there is certainly a night and day difference between both cars. If I were you I would get a slightly used RS4.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:32 AM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the input guys, Ill definitely be test driving both cars. My philosophy is that, price is never the main issue if it makes you smile. Ill make it affordable one way or another.. if it means i have to put in more hours at work I will.

Old 12-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Romancer is infamous around these parts
IMO, RS4 will give you a much wider smile.

God Bless,

Old 12-26-2007, 08:48 AM
SolidGranite is infamous around these parts
If you go RS4, make sure you find something used and save yourself 15k. That will make the whole practicality of the issue easier to swallow. There are at least a few RS4s in my area for sale with low miles and offered for around 65k with negotiating room available.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:58 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
go for whichever one fits your needs more...s4 is plenty for a daily driver....but if you have the extra $$$ why not go for the rs4.....just like was mentioned above...if practicality is the only issue then the a4 is plenty...

Old 12-26-2007, 01:08 PM
mchctsV is infamous around these parts
i chose rs4 for the extra hp and also you dont see any rs4's on the street

Old 12-26-2007, 09:08 PM
PbPedis is infamous around these parts
If you have the means it's a no brainer. I love my S4, but the RS 4 just takes it to another level. It's not just about the extra power (although that is a big part in the decision). It's the whole package...the appearance, the amazing exhaust note, and knowing you have the best in the A4 series.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Jtlacrozmaster is infamous around these partsJtlacrozmaster is infamous around these parts
once you hear that RS4 exhaust note, you will certainly fall in love!

I don't have it, but somewhere there is a list of all the differences between s4 and Rs4, its a good read

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S4 or RS4...