Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What's the wait time now to order an R8??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 05:36 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Guys when the E46 M3 came out dealers said the same thing and up until about 2003 which is 2 years after it came out you had to put a name on the list and wait 6-12 months. When they first came out list were forever.

Audi hasnt been in the game that long to hold its value that well.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:44 PM
993fan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by globalm3
Guys when the E46 M3 came out dealers said the same thing and up until about 2003 which is 2 years after it came out you had to put a name on the list and wait 6-12 months. When they first came out list were forever.

Audi hasnt been in the game that long to hold its value that well.
Huge difference....the M3 is mass produced, whereas the build capacity for the R8 runs in the hundreds, not thousands, for the US.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:46 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 993fan
Huge difference....the M3 is mass produced, whereas the build capacity for the R8 runs in the hundreds, not thousands, for the US.
Numbers are a great point of argument but dont forget in 2 years a new 911 maybe introduced with greater power and hopefully a facelift. I know 2 years but that car has to tank in value shortly... maybe its just my hopes getting up

Old 02-20-2008, 09:41 PM
SiNzz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by globalm3
Numbers are a great point of argument but dont forget in 2 years a new 911 maybe introduced with greater power and hopefully a facelift. I know 2 years but that car has to tank in value shortly... maybe its just my hopes getting up
I just want the prices to be reasonable in the next 5ish years. Can't drive a 350z forever, that's for sure. But I sure plan on driving this one into the ground until I can afford something truly special like an R8.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:12 AM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
If any of you think you'll be snatching a used R8 for cheap I have a bridge for sale!
If any of you think you'll waltz in to your local dealer and walk out with one, well your not a buyer, you are a tire kicker

These cars are in huge, huge demand. Forget about the U.S. market which is 3 years out in terms of the wait list. Lets talk about Japan, Dubai, Russia and South Africa. Those regions have premiums set at twice the value of the vehicle and the prices are being paid, plus 40% VAT in most cases. So get your little calculator out and play banker if you want. The residual is low on purpose! Banks/Financial institutions are not going to place a high residual on any car so you can drive in on their nickel!
Does it mean that is what the car is worth in 3, 4, 5 years from now? I know if you want to sell an R8 based on the Audi residual in 3 years you'll have 500 buyers in 30 secs!

Old 02-21-2008, 09:54 AM
InrevInc has much to be proud ofInrevInc has much to be proud ofInrevInc has much to be proud ofInrevInc has much to be proud ofInrevInc has much to be proud ofInrevInc has much to be proud ofInrevInc has much to be proud ofInrevInc has much to be proud of
I just learned from my dealer that the car was early. It's already on the boat when it should've been just starting prod. Great news! I should be getting it mid-March. Maybe they managed to increase production?

Also I was at the Audi Dealership in West Palm Beach on Okeechobee (Brahman) They have a Daytona Gray with body colored sideblades for sale at only $185k. Sticker was $132k new. Looked sick.

When I told the salesguy I had one on order he said when, I said mid April and he said why wait when you can have one now? Lol

Old 02-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by JZRS4
If any of you think you'll be snatching a used R8 for cheap I have a bridge for sale!
If any of you think you'll waltz in to your local dealer and walk out with one, well your not a buyer, you are a tire kicker

These cars are in huge, huge demand. Forget about the U.S. market which is 3 years out in terms of the wait list. Lets talk about Japan, Dubai, Russia and South Africa. Those regions have premiums set at twice the value of the vehicle and the prices are being paid, plus 40% VAT in most cases. So get your little calculator out and play banker if you want. The residual is low on purpose! Banks/Financial institutions are not going to place a high residual on any car so you can drive in on their nickel!
Does it mean that is what the car is worth in 3, 4, 5 years from now? I know if you want to sell an R8 based on the Audi residual in 3 years you'll have 500 buyers in 30 secs!
May I buy your bridge? Man I must be delusional.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:08 AM
289FIA_Cobra is on a distinguished road
unless it's already spoken for, as of 5Pm today, there's a sliver R8 sitting at Steven's Creek Audi in Santa Clara. with grey side slabs (wings?). I was across the street at a Lexus dealer when I saw it. 2 in two weeks.... back orders you say?

Old 02-23-2008, 12:21 AM
Banned
StephenTi is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JZRS4
I was told there are more orders then cars for the V8 version. I am number one in line for the new V12...

#1 for the V12 R8?! It's going to be a long wait, because they aren't going to make one. Try to get in line for the V10 one instead.

My guess is that the V10 version is giong to put up similar numbers as the current Gallardo, while the upcoming Gallardo will move up in HP/Performance/Tq.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:05 AM
g-force is on a distinguished road
I ordered one last August. Probably another year .
Ok by me as V-10 should out by then.
Think only 300 for the US first year.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by 289FIA_Cobra
unless it's already spoken for, as of 5Pm today, there's a sliver R8 sitting at Steven's Creek Audi in Santa Clara. with grey side slabs (wings?). I was across the street at a Lexus dealer when I saw it. 2 in two weeks.... back orders you say?
Herman, you should ask them how much they're asking for it. I bet they'll quote you around $50K over sticker. Some dealers have been buying R8s from other sources at a premium just to resell at a higher premium.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by g-force
I ordered one last August. Probably another year .
Ok by me as V-10 should out by then.
Think only 300 for the US first year.
Wayne, do you have mods in mind for the R8?

Old 02-23-2008, 01:40 PM
g-force is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 993fan
Wayne, do you have mods in mind for the R8?
Probably send it to Heffner for twin turbos...we'll see..
If wife wants the car. It will stay stock.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:06 PM
I know of a few that are 20-25 over if anyone is interested

Old 02-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by g-force
Probably send it to Heffner for twin turbos...we'll see..
If wife wants the car. It will stay stock.
Heffner is doing TT R8s?!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What's the wait time now to order an R8??